• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Sims 4

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
image_301276_thumb_wide300.jpg

Not sure how many people actually care about this, but seeing as it's one of the best selling PC franchises of all time, I thought it needed a mention.

So the next Sims game is due out in 2014 and after the backlash from Sim City, it's been confirmed the game will not require an online presence to play. I honestly don't know what to think or even to expect from this yet, so I guess it's a waiting game for the details to come dripping through.

I'm very much looking forward to it, I really enjoy The Sims series, although I felt that Sims 3 was a step back for the series, They innovated in alot of ways, but also removed many things, most of the best objects from TS2 were only available in pricey expansions, which was just annoying. Hopefully with Maxis back behind the wheel on this one, TS4 will be just as feature rich and packed with content as TS2 was.

My favourite part of sims 3 was when I spent 3 hours making a perfect replica of my ex and her flat...then made her depressed until she accidentally set the house on fire....

It's by far the most satisfying way of getting over an ex ;)

How to get over you ex? Cry your nights away? Nah, make them on the Sims 3 and watch their life fall apart.

That's actually a pretty good idea to be fair. :p

But... why won't they fix all the cock-ups with Sims 3 before they bring out a new one? *sad face* I love Sims 3, I do play quite a lot. I'll probably do what I've spent years doing with S3 too - complain about EA ripping me off but buy all the expansion packs anyway because my household NEEEEEDS new chairs.

I still prefer the original game, it has so much charm :)

The Sims 3 felt quite difficult to get started with and a bit overengineered.

I'm happy to say I've never bought a Sims 3 expansion pack. To be honest, after buying the complete Sims 2 games along with expansions, it felt like a kick to the teeth when The Sims 3 came and a lot of things you got on The Sims 2 packs had been removed, as a Sims fan, it felt pointless to go with buying expansions all over again for the Sims 3.

The Sims 3 too has also felt a bit too much for me. Like it was a step backwards for the franchise rather than forwards. Hopefully The Sims 4 will change this, no doubt I will buy it when it comes out next year. I just hope they really have improved it this time!

The Sims 3 was awful. It was so strange to play with. But The Sims 2 was amazing (I still play it now) :)

I enjoyed Sims 3, but it always felt like half the content was removed so it could be sold in future expansions, hopefully Maxis being in control will get in the way of EA's money grabbing, and we'll see something more akin to Sims 2, which was packed with content from the get go.

I love The Sims more than I love the RCT series; and that's saying something.

The Sims was absolutely amazing when it first came out, the thought of controlling someone's life to your heart's content made me extremely excited. Also watching my older sisters play it made me even more excited but I just didnt understand the game at the young age I was when my sisters had it. Once I was old enough it took a long time for my impatient sisters to teach me the basic instructions of the game. I was hopeless at first, but after a while I started to get into it and would play hours on end. Another thing I loved was that it was not TOO real. There was a cartoonish feel to the characters and the things they did which I love!

The Sims 2 was a massive step forward for the franchise, the change that got me the most was the Sim customisation which I find absolutely amazing. Also, the graphics of the game was a huge improvement from the first game.

Then there is The Sims 3. Before it came out, I was expecting more of a change, more objects, a huge variety of jobs. And I'm not sure why, but I thought it would've been great if you could actually go with your sim into school or work and interact with colleagues or teachers etc. but what we got was just about the same thing as The Sims 2. The only difference was you needed a super computer from the future to run the game smoothly without lag. But nevertheless I still play on it hours on end (mostly trying to ignore the lag it has on my computer...)

Now, I really hope the Sims 4 is another huge step forward like the sims 2 did to the sims 1. I would also like more customisable building items (curved walls, ceiling windows etc.) to make the more modern house. I think it would also be awesome to have some tribute items from the first Sims to really bring back that charm that the Sims 1 had.

:p :D

I do feel/fear that it is a little soon for a Sims 4 (the same graphical style even shows that) graphical style easily distinguishes the first trilogy of Sims games apart (and MySims for that matter *shudders*) I don't see any sharper models as we speak, but as we know it's only a beta. Hopefully the focus on facial features will be telling us to "Smile. Always." But I can't when I'll be more hasty on getting TS4 than any other entry in the series since the 'getting ridiculous' expansions.

Hate the fact they have released a whole load of expansion packs for Sims3 only to then go "well the sims3 will he old now, so go buy sims4". I mean talk about money grabbing. Wish I never brought the expansion packs now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BigDave said:
Hate the fact they have released a whole load of expansion packs for Sims3 only to then go "well the sims3 will he old now, so go buy sims4". I mean talk about money grabbing. Wish I never brought the expansion packs now.

The transition from The Sims 2 to The Sims 3 felt exactly the same. But what else can you expect when EA are behind such a project?

Danny said:
BigDave said:

The transition from The Sims 2 to The Sims 3 felt exactly the same. But what else can you expect when EA are behind such a project?

But at least with TS2-3 even from the first few frames in the trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6gXiw5URNM#ws

...we could see instantaneously changes that were better than TS2. With that trailer, The Sims 3 validated a new purchase instantly. Dem graphics, the music, showed a more expansive world. We may not have much of The Sims 4 yet, but still the graphical style doesn't seem to of changed so it'll be down to gameplay to validate a day 1 purchase for me unlike TS3.

This is EA, why is anyone surprised about money grabbing?

It's going to happen, sort of comes with buying EA titles. Don't buy them, not until you can get it really cheap and not straight after Sims 3 and all the expansions you bought. Though given they still try and flog the original Sims 3 for £30 now, it won't be a loooong time until you'll be able to get Sims 4 at a reasonable price.