• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - perspective paintings?

aress

TS Member
Hi all,

you know the illusion images painted around The Smiler site, which are only legible from a certain angle? Does anyone know what this technique is called?

Thanks!

It was like a test of self restraint not to post that reply, I am glad you succumbed to it before I did lol!

Sorry @aress I don't know but as @Rob says there are plenty of artists on the forum I am sure someone will know.

Hi all,

you know the illusion images painted around The Smiler site, which are only legible from a certain angle? Does anyone know what this technique is called?

Thanks!
Do you mean the images such as the distorted Smiler face on the side of the building?

The blue check one is incredible but that lens thing WOW! Even from the photos I cannot figure out how that works.

And instead of putting the ones in the queue people can't really see anyway, why didn't they do a giant smile on the staircase???

Imagine having to walk "through" that would have been awesome!

Great find @Alastair they're incredible.