• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - Ride Reviews [Spoilers]

Joel

TS Technical Admin
Favourite Ride
Closed season on TST
Please use this topic to discuss your ride reviews and discussion around experiences with the ride etc. to assist those who may not have had the opportunity to ride yet!

Thank you :D

Re: [The Smiler] Ride Reviews (Spoilers!)

It's probably a little early yet -- park close isn't until 6pm today, so we should hopefully see some corrected smiling people online shortly afterwards! :)

The ride's had nothing but positive reviews from what I've heard so far! It's looking really good for Alton Towers. :)

[The Smiler] Ride Reviews (Spoilers!)

Everything about this ride is brilliant. Was one of the first on and boy it was worth the wait.

QUE LINE (Outdoors):
Very interactive with TV screens similar to sub terras, shows clips saying 'PREPARE TO BE MARMILISED' & the normal marmilisar loops.

QUE LINE (INDOORS):
OPTICAL GOODNESS.
First part contains optical illusions, you go through to the baggage hold and are chased up the stairs to the ride.

Ride itself:

On par if not better than nemesis. Only got gerstache on the last two corkscrews.
Airtime is great. Great mix of inversions taken slow and fast.

Post ride:

More illusions, freaky corridors and actors.

Shop:

GLASS FLOOR. Great theming.

Every staff member is into the ride, great acting, great experience, great coaster.

Someone who's been on, is this better than Nemesis? That's my top comparison to be honest.

I've heard people on other sites around the place saying that this is the best coaster in Britain, Europe and some indeed say the world. I think that may be hyperbole but I really want to hear some reviews! :D

Harvey. said:
Someone who's been on, is this better than Nemesis? That's my top comparison to be honest.

I've heard people on other sites around the place saying that this is the best coaster in Britain, Europe and some indeed say the world. I think that may be hyperbole but I really want to hear some reviews! :D

Looking back I'd say it's better than nemesis and the best in Europe.

Maybe the world, I'm not to sure, we shall see.

Back on topic please ;)

Blaze said:
Better than Goudarix?

Man, that thing was my first inverting coaster, and my first steel coaster. To this day I swear we near enough stopped briefly at the top of the loop...

Back on topic though, all the reviews I've seen so far have been good. Roll on 10th June when I can ride it and report back myself.

Came on to see 15 posts. "Ooh 15 good reviews' I thought.
Maybe not...
Anyway, really excited to ride in a few weeks, bybthe pictures on towersnerd live it looks amazing! Are there any actors, and where?
Looking forward to reading some reviews, please get postin! :D

It's not better than Nemesis. But who cares.

It's bloody good. Just what AT needed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hope these actors are a permanent experience not just for the crazy opening weeks ?

There are no actors as such (as an integral part of the ride), merely normal staff members in 'character.'

Also I don't believe it's superior to Nemesis based on the few jolts in the track, most notably on the exit of the cobra roll and on the corkscrew following it. Those are jolts I don't expect to feel on a brand new coaster on its opening day.