• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Spoiler Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

RustyRider

TS Member
TEAM EDIT: Please use this thread for all discussion that may contain ride spoilers.
-Scott

http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2013-04-23/alton-towers-new-ride/

I've put this link in a spoiler tag as it has FULL pov on there, including the indoor drop...I managed to skip past it before it ruined anything for me (I know there's no secret element but I wanted whatever's in there, theming wise. To be a surprise!). I'm surprised no one had noticed or commented on it yet.

RustyRider said:
http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2013-04-23/alton-towers-new-ride/

I've put this link in a spoiler tag as it has FULL pov on there, including the indoor drop...I managed to skip past it before it ruined anything for me (I know there's no secret element but I wanted whatever's in there, theming wise. To be a surprise!). I'm surprised no one had noticed or commented on it yet.

THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN?

FFS.

At least this wasn't on TV and you have the option to not watch it!

Also, is the footage the wrong way around (as in flipped)? Could somebody fix this?

The next part is in a spoiler for obvious reasons:

The lights are on inside and I think that drop and inversions seem quite fun!

It honestly didn't ruin anything for me theming wise there isn't much on the inside as some walls a still quite clearly still under construction but.
There is an arrow saying Aha Aha Aha (with the music playing)
They have flipped the video for some reason. Theres also a wonderfull Smiler on the floor in the staffordshire knot!

Also, judging from the video, the music is playing in the area! :)

I can't wait to ride this thing! It looks fantastic!

I watched the video in a mirror to get a true POV. ;)

Did anyone else think that inside it was quite bright with daylight, and water logged?

Looks like that was taken today (or late yesterday), decent speed of train although doesn't look to be at full speed. The reversed video is really annoying though!

The grass after the second inverted drop is very nice. Hopefully they'll continue to do the same with the rest of the area.

Well........literally nothing happens inside.......will be good in the dark though.........

That's because lights are on and it's clearly not finished yet.

Still time for them to drop in the washing machine, though, right? Right?

Re: Re: [The Smiler] Spoiler Discussion

JB1985 said:
Well........literally nothing happens inside.......will be good in the dark though.........
Didn't you notice that they skipped it along with the brake run before the vertical lift hil

They're obviously leaving to prevent spoilers.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Well...nothing mechanical. When it's dark, I imagine there will be some projections and what not.

I am worried/bothered about the little bar of light at the start of the indoor section. I can't decide if it's a working light or a hole in the wall!

i did notice yep......cant see to much in terms of equipment there though to add another worlds first.

I know i am going to be wrong though....its clearly not finished and clearly there is work to do.

No glass floor though

Some images from Theme Park Central on Facebook. :)

These were taken from the ITV Central report on The Smiler.

942689_359736167460851_1843215843_n.jpg

A picture of the ride in action! SEEEEXXXYYY!

947070_359736304127504_1722474947_n.jpg

A picture of John Wardley! SEEEEXXXYYY!

253327_359736597460808_871280462_n.jpg

A picture with the inside of the station visible. It's a little blank but still looks good.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.