The Smiler: The Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozcool24, 16th Feb 2018.

1. ozcool24

ozcool24 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    So, The Smiler: The Game has been gone for a few years now. It's quite upsetting to me, being a huge fan of Alton Towers, it's something I've been super interested in playing, ever since I first caught wind of it's existence. But unfortunately, post-incident on The Smiler, ths game has been removed from app stores across the board. So, my questions are, 1. Is there any way to get the game, that is safe and 2. Is the game still on the iPads in The Smiler themed room? Does The Smiler's themed room still even exist?

mobius91 likes this.
    Posted 16th Feb 2018
  2. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

You may be able to find and APK if on Android, but as you said it's difficult to ascertain if it's safe or not. As for The Smiler room, it does still exist although I doubt the game is still in there considering it involved keeping it on the track - not a good look in today's press!

ozcool24 likes this.
    Posted 16th Feb 2018
  3. Bert2theSpark

Bert2theSpark TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Favourite Ride's Gone
    I still have The Smiler game installed, And I've completed all the challenges and I've got over 1000 credits.

I'm probably the number 1 player in the world!

Posted 16th Feb 2018
  4. discoinferno

discoinferno Guest

Posted 16th Feb 2018
  5. ozcool24

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Thanks, it actually is safe. I've scanned the file with multiple antivirus programs and installed it on my phone, it works and I have had no issues with it whatsoever. Thanks to everyone for the great help :D

Posted 20th Feb 2018
  6. ozcool24

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Just thought i'd revisit this like a year later, I've played through the game numerous times now from that download and it plays perfectly fine. I've had no viruses or anything so, yeah, I totally recommend it!

Posted 17th Mar 2019
  7. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    As I understand it, by the laws of modern social media, playing The Smiler game now makes you Hitler.
    ;)

MattyH likes this.
    Posted 17th Mar 2019
  8. ozcool24

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    It's a good time killer, what more is there to say?

DiogoJ42 likes this.
    Posted 17th Mar 2019
  9. OilyWater

OilyWater TowersStreet Member

Well, to be fair it is hilariously unfortunate that for a year everyone was playing a game where the Smiler train falls off the track

This is one case where they are quite right to pretend that never happened. We all know it did, and it was totally innocent. But how embarassing does it look now, haha

Robert.W and DiogoJ42 like this.
    Posted 17th Mar 2019
  10. ozcool24

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    It's kinda interesting in that it shows the almost butterfly effect that the incident had. It affected everything related to the Smiler, even things as minor as a mobile game.

11. Log Flume's Dennis

Log Flume's Dennis TowersStreet Member

if you tilted your phone all the way the car would barely hang onto the track and scrape along horrifically while people screamed in pain. So just like the real thing, tbh

12. Electricio

Electricio TowersStreet Member

The theming of the ride was so horrifically coincidental. Out of all the rides it was the one that 'corrects people' and marmalises them using drugs and hypnosis. They even removed things around the park because of the accident, such as the last Oblivion queueline video where the Lord of Darkness and the Lord of Light argue about the safety of the ride. The breakdown video was also removed, where the Lord of Darkness informed the queue that a shuttle had entered the hole but had not come back out. I always thought this as dark humor done well, but sadly its gone now.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

13. OilyWater

OilyWater TowersStreet Member

I know, so unfortunate, who would know that a few years after opening there'd be that horrible incident where guests were 'corrected' and marmalised using drugs and hypnosis for real!

Hang on, that never happened. The theme is totally irrelevant to the crash and takes a massive leap to make any connection to the incident, other than just 'sinister theme' and 'something bad happened'. Same for every coaster in the park

This was never the breakdown video, it was a video that used to play in the original Rehydrator, which was removed nearly 20 years back. Although, this is a bit more unfortunate because it explicity suggests that "friends and loved ones" have died. Lol!

It was a great touch though.

Joel3 and DiogoJ42 like this.
  14. Electricio

I meant that it was unfortunate as some of the media basically said that Alton Towers was evil and that they were 'correcting' people by mutilating them.

As for the crash victims, they did get injections bc of the surgery, and hypnotherapy bc it was so traumatic. I remember seeing it on the news

15. Electricio

Only the rides in X-Sector could be accused of this because of the whole government testing thing. I only mention it because
    1. it was in several news articles, and
    2. when i told my brother about the original theming he made the same comparison the media did
    I feel it was one of the reasons the theming went away, though granted, it blew over fast enough so it's not too big a deal

16. ATI

ATI TowersStreet Member

I hate how the Smiler game misses off the first two dive loops and second to last inversion of the ride, but I love the game.

17. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Wasn't that to keep the "most loops on a roller coaster IN THE WORLD" claim a secret?

MattyH likes this.