• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The State of the Coach Park & Entrance / Exit Road

Dean

TS Member
It's time to bring this back topic back to life, as slowly but surely the condition of the roads are becoming a problem once again.

Let's start with the coach park, the condition of the road on the right hand side leading up to the top express car park is very bad, I do wonder what guests are thinking when they have paid £16 to drive along a pothole ridden road.

Moving on to the main entrance road, here's a list of current areas to watch out for...
  • Entering: On the left hand lane just as you go past the gates, but before the old filled in vehicle wash
  • Exiting: Some bad bits just before the coach park turn
  • Exiting: The main bad area is just before the end of the drop off point to the main road

I do hope this will be addressed sooner rather than later... :twirly:

I have to say Hotel Road was a bit of a mess last weekend. Clearly the frost has gotten to the tarmac and there's some huge potholes that have appeared. Be very careful when driving from the hotels to the entrance, particularly in the trees with the phone mast tree.

Hopefully they'll at least fill in some of the bigger holes before open, especially given the amount of resort vehicles that are going to be using that route a lot over the coming months.

The roads are in a little bit of a state at the moment. The coach park is awful, I've been through it a couple of times this closed season, never realised how bad it actually was until doing so.

Hopefully they will do a little work on the roads before the season starts. They could also do with a good wash/clean with all the SW7 construction traffic using them to take earth over through car park J and to the fields right at the back of the Resort.

:)

The roads, especially the parks entrence is in need of maintenance

It's a road? Are you sure? Looks more like an absolute mess of of loose gravel and stones instead of a road to me. I mean roads here in Sheffield are terrible beyond belief, but these are something else!

So will they pay out for damage to vehicles due to the road condition.
Also what happens if a coach blows an airbag on the main entrance road and it become unmovable. Does Alton have a plan for this?

<edited to fix typo>

Its an insult considering they are asking people to pay £6 to park there, the express parking road is a joke £16 to drive along that!!!!!

Put it this way, if my car got damaged in anyway then I would be claiming for damages. Did it last year when my car grounded the front bumper at a motorway services - took photos and got £600 out of them for repair costs.

Who actually pays an extra £10 just to avoid a free 10 minute monorail journey anyway?

You'd be surprised :p

On busy days there always seems to be a fair few cars in there. I guess it's just people thinking like they do with Fastrack; "it's looking busy. We'll skip the queues".

I have to admit 2 years back when the place was stupidly busy and there were large queues just to get into the car park, all four of us in the car shared the cost and parked in the Express Parking. Bit of cheek that you cant take the £6 off the cost that you save with your AP but hey ho, yes I admit I have parked in there!!! Once!

Dean will be happy!

full-image.php

full-image.php

They are also re-doing the staff road where the security hut is.

I would rather they properly resurfaced the road rather than just do the holes, but its certainly better than nothing!

Realistically though, for budgetary and practicality reasons, they could hardly do the entire road at a time when guests are coming in and out of the resort - it's not like there's an alternative route! The important thing is that they're doing the bits which need doing :)

Well that's the first few feet done. Just the remaining couple of miles to go.

It would give a really good impression if they resurfaced the whole road and repaint all the markings. But as other have said they got to think about hotel users and budgetary restraints.

At least we wont break our suspension or wheel rims on pot holes.

Top Gear proved that it is possible to resurface a whole road overnight ;)

To be fair the hotels are fairly empty Monday-Friday during the whole winter, so they could do it very easy over a few days in the winter. You can always send guests down the staff entrance, or one lane in/out.

djtruefitt said:
Dean will be happy!

full-image.php

This is the main bit that needed doing asap, nice to see they have acted now rather than leave it to get worse.

Well Done! :twirly:

Trouble is it got bad after this winters snow and they couldn't do anything until the temperatures rose. If they are sensible they could do a good stretch fully at the beginning of the next closed season but we will see.

Quite a lot of the roads have been done! They appear to be resurfacing security, but already have patched up areas on the exit of the main drive and the hotel road.