• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Ultimate Sleepover - Special Offer

Sazzle

TS Administrator
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
As previously covered by TowersStreet, Alton Towers Resort are playing host to a new experience in 2014... The Ultimate Sleepover. Are you brave enough to spend a night in the Gothic Ruins, playing guest to all kinds of scary hosts?

A special rate has been offered for forum members of TowersStreet for the Ultimate Sleepover on Thursday October 30th 2014.

The special price is £150, a saving of over £90 off, and includes:

• Extreme, theatrical experience with scares taking place 8pm until 3am
• 1 Day Scare Maze ticket – entry to Terror of the Towers and The Sanctuary
• Two course buffet meal served during a fully immersive actor-led experience
• Designated car parking
• Cooked breakfast with hot drinks
• Exploration deep within the gothic Towers and discover previously sealed, never-before-entered rooms

Please call 0871 222 1100 and quote TowersStreet-150 to book. Limited numbers are available at this discounted rate.

For more information on the event, please visit the official Alton Towers Resort site:
http://www.altontowers.com/scarefest/The-Ultimate-Sleepover/

This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be transferred onto an existing booking.

Argh - if I didn't have to go to work the following morning, I'd consider doing this! :p

Still bloody expensive, shame Towers can't offer us affordable perks from time to time instead of using us as a marketing tool for their failing event.

Suppose it's better value for what it is though so I hope anyone who is able to take this up enjoys it!

:)

I see that 2 days worth of park tickets aren't included with this. Maybe that's why we have been offered the discount.

I see TTF have also managed to get this offer, so does anyone know if any other of the online theme park communities have it too?

OK.

I am going to say, it's not likely this doesn't included theme park tickets, that would be a bit shifty but also no doubt they expect most here have MAPs which in fairness we do.

I am not going to be quite as cynical. Perhaps they're not selling well, so go to their primary market place, if I had 150 quid I'd give this a go I reckon. Though I have to say, that's a LONG TIME to be having scares lol! It may be a bit past my tolerance levels nowadays.

That being said, reaching out to the community, a hefty discount, and I think a fair price for a very unique experience. I am breaking with the norm here and going to give them a thumbs up!

For what it is then yes it's a good deal. I don't mind that it doesn't include the theme park tickets, it's fair enough of them to expect us all to have annual passes of some form.

I just see it as a desperate marketing ploy though rather than offering something back to their fans. If they really wanted to give something back they would offer something affordable or free. £150 is a lot to fork out on something. They've gone to the two biggest Alton Towers fan sites (maybe more?) just to try and generate more revenue.

A far cry from the generosity of other parks, such as Liseberg or Tripsdrill.

How can they be sure that it's just forum members that use this offer? This is in an area of the forum viewable to ANYONE, so why should that stop them from using it?

Or am I missing the point? :p

How can they be sure that it's just forum members that use this offer? This is in an area of the forum viewable to ANYONE, so why should that stop them from using it?

They can't be sure, anyone who see this offer on any forum could use it. Hence I say desperate marketing ploy, they won't actually care whether or not people using the offer are members of forums or not. They just want the money!

I appear to be rather cynical about this! :p

They can't be sure, anyone who see this offer on any forum could use it. Hence I say desperate marketing ploy, they won't actually care whether or not people using the offer are members of forums or not. They just want the money!

I appear to be rather cynical about this! :p

Actually, on the contrary, you've both made good points.

I still stand by the price being about right for the top end of an experience like this, the thing is though, if your Scarefest event is better marketed at Thrillseekers and better CATERED FOR THEM, you'd have more people planning to visit and wanting to test out your latest new horror experience...

Am I right?

I believe several communities have been offered this discount, and as Saz said it has been 'offered to us' - it is nothing we have negotiated.

In theory I suppose there is nothing stopping anyone using this discount code if they can find a forum they can find the code and book. Perhaps had the cheaper price been offered from the start it might have had more of an uptake.

(then again for £150 a night, id personally still expect a bathroom!)

i would like to benefit from this offer but work is standing in my way

I think £150.00 a night is an appropriate price for this experience.

In truth, £200.00 may actually be reflective of the nature of the experience, but, much like how £500.00 for a VIP annual pass including limitless fastrack is in theory 'good value' - it doesn't mean I am going to pay it because I don't place enough value on my experiences at the Merlin parks to fork out such an amount in one go.

This is similar.

I do not dispute that it's probably an excellent experience. I do not dispute that the creative team have done a lot of work to get this off the ground.

However, from my perspective, I would rather spend the money (if we take the standard £280.00 rate) on a short break - which, in effect, I am doing - with a trip to Europa-Park. The complete price for flights, transfers, 4 nights accommodation and 3 days admission - including Horror Nights is only around £310.00. I appreciate there won't be anything like the Ultimate Sleepover involved, but ultimately - I have to consider what I perceive as value and what I am willing to spend on. A trip to Germany's largest theme park isn't even cheap. I am sure a few nights at PortAventura would be less than the one night Alton Towers offer for the £280.00.

It irks me somewhat that the vast majority of those who seem to be attending the Ultimate Sleepover so far are either press or park staff who have paid little to do it. I am sure you'd be raving too if you had such an opportunity. Sadly, the rest of us don't.

If the event runs again in 2015 and is at more convenient times, then I would consider a £150.00 experience. But again, I may yet change my mind and not.

I think a big point is being missed here.

To advertise a premium scare, and market it well, you need a premium event for it to be attached to, and when it's hidden behind marketing (I don't doubt it would be fantastic) they've been hamstrung by the pathetic budget and operations of those in charge, and once again, a spark of brilliance is put out.

There were certainly one or two people on our Facebook page who commented to say they were doing the sleepover, however I am unsure if they are on the forum.