• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme park party ideas

Laura

TS Member
Favourite Ride
blue fire Megacoaster
Okay, this is a bit of a strange one but bear with me! I really need some suggestions from like minded nerds.

As I don't get to see many of my friends that often (thanks/no thanks to the internet connecting us!) I like to throw a shindig once a year for my birthday. Now before I get 'accused' of being loaded, I'm not, I just save up so I can do this.

The first one I had was pretty generic, but the second one was pirate themed and I made a lot of effort. There are some photos here (I've not uploaded any of the guests in case they don't want to be named and shamed!) http://bullethell.tumblr.com/post/47308870866/some-of-the-bits-and-pieces-from-my-pirate-party (the jewellery box had edible jewellry and such in, I was really proud of it but no one commented!)

It doesn't give you a great feel for it but it's a vague idea. I had things like torn up black bunting, flags, gold bars, etc. I also served the punch in an inflatable pirate chest cooler, had a bonfire, dodgy fireworks, and stuff like that.

So this year I want to make do a 'theme park' theme. Dress code is 'come as your favourite park attraction' which I think leaves a lot of room for interpretation!

I was originally planning a Smiler theme but since not all of my friends are into theme parks I wanted to leave it open so it wasn't too restrictive. Although I think doing the whole thing Smiler themed would be quite fun - I will decide once I've been on the ride!

Some of my ideas and the rides I'd associate them with are:
Yellow punch in some kind of 'hazardous' container (Smiler - also my punch is always hazardous)
Test tube shots (Smiler again)
The Swarm cake (the train/alien)
'Log' flume filled bread rolls
Cupcakes involving red laces and strawberry sauce (Nemesis)
Egg pinata (Sub Terra)
Naff midway games eg tin cans, plate smashing (depending on what I can find) and probably something involving my bb guns and something that explodes.

I am not sure if I will try to make the cakes or get them commissioned. If I get commissions I might try to get a few designs of cupcakes done for the various rides. I normally love cooking but it gets a bit stressful when you have a load of other things to prepare!

Theming ideas (also anything that can be made out of papier mache is good)
Hazard tape
Ride logo/colour bunting
Dry ice/smoke machine volcano (school science project style but without the vinegar)
Ride restriction signs
'Ripsaw' limbo pole

Music...
Anything you can associate with a ride. So bgm, theme songs (I can actually only think of the one), anything with that references rollercoasters (what song are you thinking of right now?) and any other rubbish I decide to throw in.

Last year my big spend was a marquee. I've still got it so I might be able to spring for a new addition. Last year a friend suggested renting a bucking bronco or surfing type ride but I couldn't afford it. Another friend asked for a bouncy castle but I think adults + alcohol + bouncy castle = broken noses. I'm not really sure what else you can really rent for events that I might be able to afford so I really need suggestions for this!

So the things above are what I have thought of so far. I will probably run out of time and money to do them all but I would love some more input on what I could feasibly make/buy/rent to fit the theme.

I have a good amount of space to work with as I use my parent's old house as the venue. I don't think any of the above would work in my home :S

And if anyone asks, hopefully I can get to a TST meet before August so I can invite some new people :)

Thanks for reading and I hope I can get some new ideas from some of you!

Make a foam slide or hire a a Gyrosphere. Then add alcohol... :*

foam_slide3-344x201.jpg

l.jpg

Maybe everyone could come dressed as a different ride?

i.e. a crab in chains for Nemesis, an eel for Steel Eel, a beekeeper for Swarm...

I've already got that part included above, Sam :p I like your interpretation of The Swarm though.

Novas I can never tell if you are serious or not :/

themed drinks, a red cocktail for nemesis, a shot for Oblivion (Quickly down the hole :D).

send invites out in the style of entrance tickets, then have a turnstile or entrance in the style of tower street at the door. for that entering a theme park feel.

get a couple of black bins and put waste silo on the side for the Sector X look, plus it helps with clearing up later ;)

Thanks for the responses, guys.

But wouldn't a foam slide be really painful for adults?! I mean I have the space but it just looks uncomfortable :p Someone else has voted that idea up though and it would be easy enough to do. When I was little I had a slide you'd attach to a sheet thing and go zooming down the garden. Would need a biiiig slide now though.

It doesn't look like gyrospheres are easy/cheap to rent so that one's a no go :(