• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Related Jobs

Towerslover

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Icon
As we are all enthusiasts of Alton towers I was wondering if anyone on here has a theme park related job or anything along those lines! I would love to have a job related to theme parks in the future.

I would like to hear if anyone here does and if not what would be your dream job within a theme park? :)

(Sorry if this is the wrong place:))

There are people that have dropped off the enthusiasts sites or read them as a guest with no account (*waves*), once they been employed by theme parks due to corporate confidentiality or companies social media policies.
If they can stay on, are told not naming the company they work for, and have to give the company there username so it can randomly checked for leaks of corporate secrets.

My employer, a College has my usernames and the websites for social media and forums. All of them, they hardly check them, unless there is a leak. I take it theme park owners would do the same.

There are pros and cons to working in the industry. I think the best thing is that it gives you a real understanding of how the industry works, why certain decisions are made and much more. All those benign things are much more fascinating when you're a coaster nerd.

That said, your hobby changes. You no longer see all the 'magic' (there is no magic and there never was), because you're so close to it. On the whole, the parks don't pay well, the hours are less than ideal and your happy place, becomes your work place - but perhaps you wouldn't change that for the world.

I have never had any interest in working at Alton Towers, lest it affect my enjoyment of visiting the park (though I might have entertained the idea of working at a park I cared less for). Sadly the severe cutbacks of recent years have had that effect regardless.

Nevertheless I am fortunate enough to be working in a somewhat related field, which has given me quite a few travel opportunities to visit places (and parks) I would never otherwise have been to.