• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Things Enthusiasts Say

Jables

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Stormforce 10
Thought I'd start a thread about this, I've noticed there are things that enthusiasts say very often, (TowersStreet anyway.) For example, comparing something to Europa Park when you want to show how bad it is, which I think many of us are guilty for.

Anyway, what other ones have you lot got?

• ROLAND!
  • SMOKERS!
  • When throughputs are falling, Roland comes calling.
  • Bored BARNES.
  • THE BEST RIDE IN THE WORLD UH!
Amongst others, but that's just TowersStreet really. ;)

"We've got" this or "we've got" that.

When Alton or any other theme park build a new outlet, ride, attraction or whatever and some enthusiasts say something like "Instead of building something good we've now got this". This always sounds incredibly cringey to me. They havn't built it for you, they've built it for everyone in the world in general, not just enthusiasts. If you're one of the people that regularly say it, you'll probably miss the point that I'm making as it's so natural to you. But it just doesn't sound right and feels like you're elevating yourselves above the mere general public and that the particular thing has been installed just for your elite enthusiast set.

Just thought I'd mention it like ;)

Oh I've heard something about that!
What?
I'm not allowed to tell you
THEN DONT TELL US IN THE FIRST PLACE:mad:

"Yeah but track and train"

"ANOTHER RMC???" (Might just be me)

What Walt Would've Wanted - the WWWW principle

"Single rider.. Oh no they removed it"

"Yeah but at Towers"

John Wardley isn't involved in a roller coaster. It must be terrible and have no chance of being good.

"That tap water is freezing!"

"MEGA WAVE!"

"You just can't compare Disney and EP. You just can't"

"OH a Schwarzkopf!"