• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ThatAlexGuy

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
So I'm sure we've all spent ages waiting for a ride, and with Fireworks Night coming up I'm sure the queues aren't going to be short. So I thought about making a thread about how to kill time in the lines.

Normally, I just end up talking to the people I go with and actually be social for once, but once you've run out of things to say it can become a bit awkward. You all standing there trying frantically to think of a conversation starter...

So... Here are a few apps that you and your companions can play while waiting in line:

Heads Up!

Apple Store

Play Store

Heads up is pretty easy to understand and only one person needs to have it downloaded. You place the phone on your forehead and, depending on what subject you've chosen (lets say film), the other people have to describe it to you without saying the word. Let's say the film is Lord of the Rings (all three), you could say 'ring, hobbits, Legolas, etc'. Simple and fun.

Spyfall

Apple Store

Play Store

Spyfall is a little more complicated. For those that have play The Resistance, Avalon or Werewolf, its pretty similar to those. This one everyone needs to download it and you all enter the same game. Lets say four people are playing. Once the game starts one person is chosen as the spy, the other three are given a location and a job role. The Spy's job is to figure out what the location is and the three Civilians have to figure out who the spy is by asking clever questions to make the spy slip up. I haven't explained this very well so here's a playlist of Node demonstrating how to play.

Spaceteam

Apple Store

Play Store

Again like Spyfall each person needs to download it. The game is set in space (obviously) and you and your friends are a group of astronauts on an adventure. All of a sudden stuff starts to go wrong on the ship and you are given instructions by NASA (or some fictional space agency) of how to fix the problem, think Apollo 13.
Each person has their own computer station with different buttons and switches but the instructions don't always go to the right person. So you have to communicate with your team to make sure you survive.

Again I haven't explained this very well.... So here's Node playing it as well

That's all of the apps I can think of at the moment. If anyone can tell me of some more I'll edit them in. Of course you've also got non phone based games like 20 Questions and I Spy.

How do you guys kill time?

I prefer the old fashioned "talk to your friends rather than bury your face in your phone".

That's a nice idea but in reality it doesn't always work. I'm speaking personally of course but I find that if you're in a situation so boring that you're forced into conversation to pass the time, all the interesting topics abandon you and any discussion quickly falls flat.

Although in those situations, my phone's no help either. I technically have the entire Internet at my finger tips but I'm so bored and lacking in mental stimulation, I can't think beyond the same three websites I always visit.

I'm thinking of the Rita queue specifically. It's such a grey, miserable, monotenous place. It saps all the energy and excitement from you and replaces it with drudgery and boredom. There are some bars and restaurants that have a great atmosphere, where you can really relax and great conversation comes naturally. The Rita queueline is the opposite of that.

So anyway, I have no solutions to queuline boredom.

Last edited:
Eh, I've read the whole internet at least five times over now.

(Yes, even that bit.)

I can't queue more than 30 minutes for rides these days. I'm very patient, but the people I'm with often aren't and I end up wanting to throttle them (which completely contradicts my "I'm very patient" statement at the beginning of this sentence).

I just stick to when it's quiet - no queues, multiple re-rides. No fuss, no muss!

+1 for quieter times.

Due to the lack of investment at Towers over recent years and the constant declining standards, I just don't feel that any ride in the park is worth queuing more than 15 minutes for. At 20 minutes I start to get really agitated.

In theory, I would queue a fairly substantial time for Nemesis, and to a lesser extent Oblivion and The Smiler. But as I like multiple re-rides, it's just easier to go when there's no queues. And since June last year, that's more often than not....

You could do the classic work out how many people are in the queue, work out how many trains are on, then proceed to tell everyone I'm with how many rides it will be until you get on. Repeating after every train leaving the station. If you get it wildly over the mark, the people in front of you might leave.

Alternatively talk loudly about the very contagious disease you have and proceed to cough loudly, wait for people to leave.

Of course I wouldn't condone either of the above and I would recommend reading TS to pass the time or talking to friends ;) Although the heads up sounds like a good alternative if my phone battery lasted more than an hour when I open any kind of game.

^brilliant! But where at towers could you do that? Maybe nemesis' station but I can't think of any others where you wouldn't be able to see the que round the corner. Purely interested because I want, more than anything, to do that.

^brilliant! But where at towers could you do that? Maybe nemesis' station but I can't think of any others where you wouldn't be able to see the que round the corner. Purely interested because I want, more than anything, to do that.
I've seen someone do that before the smiler's projection room before (act like the room is full when in reality it's empty), so It would probably work on galactica too.

.. / -.. --- -. .----. - / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... --- / .. / --. --- --- --. .-.. . -.. / .- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. . -. . .-. .- - --- .-. / .- -. -.. / - -.-- .--. . -.. / - .... .. ... / .. -.

.. / -.. --- -. .----. - / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... --- / .. / --. --- --- --. .-.. . -.. / .- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. . -. . .-. .- - --- .-. / .- -. -.. / - -.-- .--. . -.. / - .... .. ... / .. -.
.. ... / .. - / -... .- -.. / - .... .- - / .. / --. --- --- --. .-.. . -.. / .- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / - --- / ... . . / .-- .... .- - / - .... .. ... / .--. --- ... - / ... .- .. -.. ..--..

I can't be the only one, right ;)

.. / -... . - / .. / -- .- -.. . / -.-- --- ..- / --. --- --- --. .-.. . / - .... .. ... / - --- ---

You're not :)