• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Yeah I know it's unlikely. Was just thinking off the top of my head.
Still looks good though!
And bear in mind that the manufacturer (unconfirmed but most likely Mack) will have amended the layout somewhat.

Not saying you are wrong. But why would they amend the layout if the layout on the plans is already based from their design? Am I missing something??

I’ve been informed of what is apparently a more accurate POV:

If the shaping in this recreation is correct, then the negative g’s will max out at -1.8G on the first drop in the back row! For some perspective, that’s -0.5G more forceful than any current UK airtime moment that I’m aware of (Speed’s hill is -1.3G, and Icon’s top hat is -1.2G), and only -0.2G away from the European limit of -2G… that will be one forceful first drop!

It remains mental this does not have more than one actual airtime hill.

The layout looks awful, it’s more like a rotating thrill ride than a coaster. Like smiler you spend most of your time inverting, this you spend most of the time turning round with no idea what the layouts doing.

We wanted silver star, we got a bad Tigris

Terrible design to waste such an opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The layout looks awful, it’s more like a rotating thrill ride than a coaster. Like smiler you spend most of your time inverting, this you spend most of the time turning round with no idea what the layouts doing.

We wanted silver star, we got a bad Tigris

Terrible design to waste such an opportunity

Comments like this are utterly ridiculous and pathetic, of course there is going to be an abundance of airtime with this ride, it just won't be traditional airtime hills for most of it, god forbid they try something different by actually adding new elements to the model.

And how the hell does it have "no idea from what it's doing", I can easily see some of the most bespoke elements on a coaster in Europe just from looking at the plans. Just because this ride is 10-20 seconds shorter than the traditional hyper, you'll be breathless from the first drop until the final breaks without a single dead moment inbetween. Okay it might not crack up to world-wide top tens but there's no doubt that this will be certainly be one of the most mental coaster experiences in the Europe.

Last edited:
Shouldn't we be waiting to ride the thing before writing it off completely?
Complaining of the taste of the omelette before breaking any eggs.

When it's built it won't be any longer and won't have any more airtime hills. I'm not saying it won't be a great fun ride, I'm sure it will be, but there's no getting away from some massive shortcomings compared to what this could be against what the park is lacking in its lineup.

I’m with @Bert2theSpark here. Even though I too perhaps lament the lack of traditional airtime hills, I think other bits of it could offer surprising airtime. The drop, for instance, could offer some insane airtime on the back. The exit from the Immelmann also turns into an airtime hill-type profile, so that could offer some airtime as well.

I also agree with @rob666; as they always say, “don’t count your chickens before they hatch”. This ride could yet surprise us, particularly given its very unique layout design and elements!

This isn’t like a B&M Hyper Coaster, where umpteen other examples exist worldwide for reference. This is wholly unique; we have absolutely no idea how this will ride until it opens. Yes, other Mack Hyper Coasters exist, but they are totally different in layout design and element choices; there’s nothing else like Exodus in the world at present, so while you can of course have a few ideas, I think making any hard conclusions about how it will ride is tough at this stage, and perhaps premature.

It could be brilliant. It could be mediocre. We have literally no idea. It’s certainly much riskier than something like a B&M Hyper, but if pulled off well, it has the potential for very high rewards in terms of critical reception.

Last edited:
I think that one of the problems is that in the UK we are so starved of major new coasters that we are pinning all our hopes on this one and people have already decided what it’s going to be like to ride and some have written it off already for being too short, or not having enough air time, etc.

I can’t help but thinking that if we already had a Karnan, or a Hyperion or a Shambala in this country we’d be a little bit more relaxed about just waiting to see what Exodus is going to be like because it wouldn’t feel like it was an all-or-nothing chance to get a damn good big coaster here. But it’s ok, Exodus is not going to be a terrible ride. The elements in place ensure that. There’s a great chance this ride is going to be somewhere between very, very good and absolutely incredible.

Comments like this are utterly ridiculous and pathetic, of course there is going to be an abundance of airtime with this ride, it just won't be traditional airtime hills for most of it, god forbid they try something different by actually adding new elements to the model.

And how the hell does it have "no idea from what it's doing", I can easily see some of the most bespoke elements on a coaster in Europe just from looking at the plans. Just because this ride is 10-20 seconds shorter than the traditional hyper, you'll be breathless from the first drop until the final breaks without a single dead moment inbetween. Okay it might not crack up to world-wide top tens but there's no doubt that this will be certainly be one of the most mental coaster experiences in the Europe.

For starters you can give the personal insults a miss. It’s not primary school. It’s my opinion, take it or leave it. The comments aren’t pathetic or ridiculous they’re based on the opinion and the information we have, and they’re just as valid as anyone else’s.

I’ve seen plenty of, what appear to be pretty accurate POVs, and I can sum the ride up in 4 words “Up down turn around”. It’s odd, the design reminds me of smiler in the way it appears to be trying to fit a lot into a small space for a reason unbeknownst to me. It also reminds of Icon in that it doesn’t quite know what it wants to be and ends up achieving nothing particularly well. But again, that’s my take on what I can see.

Of course I may be wrong and more than happy to eat humble pie, but with the information available it “looks” dull.

I think you can judge a ride on a POV (or even a layout drawing) but you can't 'write-off' a ride from one.

It's clear that this ride is far shorter than it could have been and that's definitely going to be a point against it. Especially as we can tell it will need to hit the breaks hard and a few traditional airtime hills would have fitted in nicely.

However we can't truly say how it'll ride until we've ridden it. There's several unique elements (like the first drop) that we'll have no idea how they'll feel. And even those elements we have reference for could vary wildly from how they feel on other rides. Cloned rides don't all ride the same. And some elements play out completely differently when in a different layout. Take the last roll on Blue Fire to Its counterpart on Helix which doesn't have anywhere near the same punch.

I think the criticism this ride is receiving is fair. Doesn't mean it can't still be a great ride.

According to the planning application, it looks as though Project Exodus has been objected to by the environment agency and they recommend planning permission be rejected…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No... NO!!!!

If they can't, at the least they could rebuild Loggers leap.

So the main objection appears to be the risk of flooding, if Thorpe flooded the unused land behind the Swarm would that mitigate it? Then they would need to address the biodiversity concerns.

The Environment Agency do set out ways in which Thorpe Park can overcome the 3 objections that they have, however I am unsure as to how feasible they are. I do think that the Council will take note of what the Environment Agency have said, but they could of course choose not to.

Their objection can be seen here.

Having spent the last 2 days at a Flood exhibition the response by the Environmental Agency amuses me as they seemed more interested in patting themselves on the back about their own people rather than dealing with issues.

Does provide some problems though.