• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Do they even know if that pre-designed layout will actually fit in the designated location at thorpe? :p

Although it has inversions, this still feels like it should fit (one of) the "missing" rides at Thorpe, just a decent sit-down coaster with airtime.
Other Mack Hyper Coasters at Land of Legends and Movie World have a 1.3m restriction and I think the one at Lewa does too so hopefully this will be 1.3m restriction not 1.4m further opening up the number of rides for brave but younger guests slightly.

Oh and DC Rivals Hypercoaster at Movie World was one of my highlights of that visit. Other than the Joker wanting to steal my trainers.

Last edited:
I think Mack was inferred by “sound tests on a similar ride in Turkey”; B&M nor Intamin have hypers in Turkey, while Mack operates Hyper Coaster at Land of Legends.

246ft - 213ft = 33ft not 11ft.
I was going off of the sea level height of 235ft here.

Also, apologies; turns out it is 236ft after all! I’d heard 246ft/75m in everything I’d seen…

I think Mack was inferred by “sound tests on a similar ride in Turkey”; B&M nor Intamin have hypers in Turkey, while Mack operates Hyper Coaster at Land of Legends.
This is the key thing which suggests they're getting the cancelled SFD Mack coaster.

If they were considering a B&M they'd have used Silver Star as reference you'd have thought.

I was going off of the sea level height of 235ft here.

Also, apologies; turns out it is 236ft after all! I’d heard 246ft/75m in everything I’d seen…
Well if we're going by sea level then Thorpe Park is apparently situated 66ft above sea level. Therefore by the same calculation that would make it 302ft tall, so 67ft taller than the Big One by the same measurement would it not?

If they were considering a B&M they'd have used Silver Star as reference you'd have thought.
Or maybe Shambhala?

If it were Intamin, then I imagine Hyperion or Kondaa may have been used.
Well if we're going by sea level then Thorpe Park is apparently situated 66ft above sea level. Therefore by the same calculation that would make it 302ft tall, so 67ft taller than the Big One by the same measurement would it not?
I used the sea level measurement because that is Blackpool’s PR claim, so it’s probably best to do it via what Blackpool actually claims.

I used the sea level measurement because that is Blackpool’s PR claim, so it’s probably best to do it via what Blackpool actually claims.

We really shouldn't. The accepted method of measuring height is from the bottom of the structure to the top. Counting from sea level is solely something Blackpool have done, and there's been much discussion on how pointless it is. As much as we've joked about it here, just because Blackpool do it should not mean everyone else should go joining in.

Totally not what I was expecting, but what a great addition to the UK line up.

Definitely be an exciting project to follow if all gets the green light.