• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

But Project Exodus is not really that much a multi-looper though is it? It only has two inversions. Exodus has more airtime moments than inversions, and while it won't offer as much airtime as other hyper coasters elsewhere in Europe, it still has a decent amount of airtime for a coaster in the south of England. I can count five airtime moments, those are: the first drop, the second drop, that crazy outward banked airtime hill, the wave turn and the final hill into the brakes. That is more airtime than any other coaster at Thorpe Park and quite a bit more airtime than at a lot of UK parks. A coaster does not need just traditional camel backs and bunny hops to provide airtime. Exodus has a modern layout, it provides the UK market with some truly 'out there' airtime and hangtime moments found on world class RMC and Intamin coasters. We've got a stall and we've got two crazy banked airtime moments, one of which is quite a bit taller than the outward banked airtime hill on Kondaa, and according to a creator of one of the recreations on YouTube, it will provide some decent floater too. So there should be a mixture of floater and ejector on this coaster. I'm pretty excited that we are finally getting a coaster like this, one that does have the international coaster enthusiast community salivating. It truly is about time that Thorpe had a stand out coaster, and they finally seem to be getting one.

Last edited:
Think the Runnymede council wants the secretary of state to make a decision by the 31st if October if I'm not wrong, so I'm guessing it'll likely be an extended deadline but fingers crossed.

Think the Runnymede council wants the secretary of state to make a decision by the 31st if October if I'm not wrong, so I'm guessing it'll likely be an extended deadline but fingers crossed.
I think the SoS could well take longer to make their decision, not least because the holder of the post recently changed entirely, transitioning from Simon Clarke to Michael Gove.

I could be entirely wrong here, but I doubt Gove is going to be casting his eye over this in any great detail. Someone in the department will likely make the decision on his behalf, and he'll sign it off.

I could be entirely wrong here, but I doubt Gove is going to be casting his eye over this in any great detail. Someone in the department will likely make the decision on his behalf, and he'll sign it off.
It won't be Michael Gove, it'll be the Secretary of State of Levelling Up according to the council. Hopefully that person hasn't changed under Michael Gove, that way the plans should get approved a lot faster.

It won't be Michael Gove, it'll be the Secretary of State of Levelling Up according to the council. Hopefully that person hasn't changed under Michael Gove, that way the plans should get approved a lot faster.
Gove is the Secretary of State for Levelling Up....

But like I say, these things are usually signed off on the recommendation of someone else.

And Mandy Thompson fumes that she can't boast to having the tallest UK coaster.

Still, looking forward go see a giant coaster of this size get built in this country.
Wonder if M&D's claim to have Scotlands tallest coaster? Have they got a wacky worm, that'll do it. :tearsofjoy:

Wonder if M&D's claim to have Scotlands tallest coaster? Have they got a wacky worm, that'll do it. :tearsofjoy:
Suprise they haven't, then I guess even they can't care less about claiming anything which tells you how much they really care about the place.