• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

It's not very important, but I think that the name of this thread should be changed so that it says: Thorpe Park 2024/2025 because there is no chance that Exodus will be built by the end of 2023 ( I actually think that 2024 is an unlikely opening year for Exodus but it is possible).

It's not very important, but I think that the name of this thread should be changed so that it says: Thorpe Park 2024/2025 because there is no chance that Exodus will be built by the end of 2023 ( I actually think that 2024 is an unlikely opening year for Exodus but it is possible).
Your wish is my command!

Hopefully 2024 is still possible, I guess it depends whether they were originally planning on opening it at the start of the season or mid-season. If the plan was start of the season, then maybe a mid-season opening is still an option. Other implications of course could be manufacturing of the coaster and other components needed such as chips. I doubt any production would have started until planning permission had been granted.

Surely 2024 is still viable? I mean, Towers intend on reopening Nemesis in 2024 and they have to demolish an existing coaster first before building a new one.

I guess it depends on when they start on the foundations. If it's in the next few weeks 2024 is still on the cards, if it's not till next year they may have pushed it back to '25.

I guess one difference is that at least some of the new Nemesis track has already been manufactured (apparently), whereas Mack won't have started any work on this until all of the planning issues were resolved. We know Mack are very busy at the moment, and we also know that EP's coaster faces a delay due to chip shortages. I do still think that 2024 should still be viable though.

Think they have quite a lot to demolish in old town, imagine that'll take a while however I can't imagine bulldozing old town will take as long as manufacturing a hyper coaster.

It doesn't strike the standard Merlin tone. It'll be interesting to see.

Curious if the "fake out" in the front row works like that where you think the track is going straight down, but doesn't. There's a ride that does that very effectively and I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Curious if the "fake out" in the front row works like that where you think the track is going straight down, but doesn't. There's a ride that does that very effectively and I can't for the life of me remember what it is.
Twisted Cyclone at Six Flags Over Georgia?

(I actually think that 2024 is an unlikely opening year for Exodus but it is possible).
Thorpe say that Exodus will take 15 months to build so a 2024 opening is definitely on the cards!

I don't know why people are so dismissive of groundworks taking a while. I'm currently wandering through an inch of frost, not conducive to concrete works. If Thorpe are desperate for 2024 they might be pushing it already.

London typically gets fewer than 20 frost days per year though, big city heat island effect, easy to plan around.