• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Excited if it is a Mack Hyper. Will be unique to the UK. Not at all surprised at the height, they were never going to go much higher than that despite all the wishful thinking. Height record will be a long term one as well that won't be beaten in the near future, if ever, and I'm sure this will be of great bragging benefit to Thorpe for many years to come. I'm sure it will attract new visitors to Thorpe, but still won't solve most of the parks problems, especially when they inevitably end up going above Mack's recommended height restriction and go for 1.4. Oh and OTSR's for love of God I hope they don't do this.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach does state The Big One is 235ft tall on their website
https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/the-big-one/
so it is conceivable that if Thorpe only put out the (correct) 236ft statistic people will think it is only 1 foot taller, when it is actually 22ft taller.

Although Alton Towers used to quote Rita as being 0-100 to make it sound faster at least they now specify that it’s kph on the website rather than trying to mislead.

Last edited:
Anyone got any more info on the Six Flags Dubai ride? Based on the unique land availability at Thorpe Park I don't think this will be that ride. But I know very little about the Dubai ride.

Whilst we know Blackpool state their ride is 235ft tall, in general the public do not concern themselves with a specific height. At the end of the day, this will be the UK's tallest coaster and Thorpe can shout about it as such.

Now we could argue about Blackpool's marketing tactics for page after page, but that's been done for years on end across multiple topics and forums. I think we can now switch discussion to the ride, its progress through the planning process, marketing and (hopefully!) construction starting :)

The layout looks very similar to the one at Land of Legends. Could it be a clone?
This is what Hyper Coaster (yes, I know) it looks like;

The Flash clones are only about 200ft tall though aren't they?
That's a good point actually. I was just going off what RCDB says. If we go of what it says for Flash at Lewa Adventure then that's 61m or 200.1ft which suggests that it must either be a custom layout or an extended flash clone. RCDB was just guessing about the cancelled Dubai coaster though.

That's a good point actually. I was just going off what RCDB says. If we go of what it says for Flash at Lewa Adventure then that's 61m or 200.1 which suggests that it must either be a custom layout or an extended flash clone. RCDB was just guessing about the cancelled Dubai coaster though.
Could Thorpe's one potentially have a bigger loop then which would take the record from Flash? :cool:

Slight side note too. If Thorpe have “confirmed” things please link to your source, else it’s not confirmed.

If the information has come from a fan site who attended the public consultation, then please link to that information. They have took time out of their normal jobs and probably at some expense to provide that information, it’s only right that they are properly credited. Thanks :)