• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 25th August 2019

Leigh

TS Member
Favourite Ride
EGF
So Thorpe yesterday was a thing that happened. Brief TR from the experience, having not been in 4 years now:
  • In at opening
  • Started with Saw, no wait, ops good, all OK there
  • Colossus 25 minutes, 2/3 of us couldn't get on due to the restraints (just me), rough as ever but expected
  • Rumba rapids was "fine", but not a single chance to get even the slightest bit wet. No wait
  • DBGT closed until 12:30
  • Tidal wave closed during the time I was there; didn't see if it reopened later on
  • The Walking Dead X: No Way Out The Ride closed
  • Stealth closed, but happy to accept this as I'm aware it's experiencing wider issues
  • Swarm still the best coaster in the park IMO, got a very good back row left ride. Wait advertised as an hour but it was less than half that
  • Out by half 1, which was actually the earliest I've ever left a major theme park
In retrospect it may have been a bad idea to go on a bank holiday Sunday, however that being said none of the issues I experienced were in any way related to how busy the park was - in fact the queue times while I was there were quite a bit less than I was expecting (with the exception of storm surge which was indeed attracting silly queues due to the heat). It was more just a good opportunity to use my MAP for the first time than anything else.

Didn't bother with inferno this time as the others I was with didn't want to do it (nor did they want to do Swarm, but I wasn't going to pass that up), although seeing as I rate it at the bottom of my inverts list I'm not too bothered. Will need to get round to do it at some point in the next month or so though - I've heard it's been improving with age recently?

Overall a decidedly average day.