• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thunder Looper vs Beast vs Black Hole

Thunder Looper vs Beast vs Black Hole

• Thunder Looper

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Beast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Hole

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Is Wastelands Penitentiary (Tulleys Shocktober Fest) a ride? If not, my favourite ride is Nemesis.
The thing they had in common was that they all were Schwartzkopfs. Thunder Looper was the most intense of the three, but it was much shorter than the other two.
Black Hole was a Jet Star II, which meant that it was the least intense of the three according to stats, but the fact that it was indoors meant that it got an intensity boost which meant that it felt much faster than it was.
Beast was a Jet Star III, which meant that it was taller and faster than Black Hole, but it may not have been as intense because it was situated in an outdoor setting.
Which one did you prefer?

I would have loved to have ridden Thunder Looper back in the day but alas I was not lucky to do so, neither did I have the chance to ride Beast even when it was there.

Black Hole though...legendary ride in which honestly its Steampunk themed station is still IMO the best themed station that the park ever did and is the ride that made the biggest impression on me as a kid. So yeah, call me bias but I'm going with Black Hole on this one.

The Jet Stars were fun but very average coasters, sticking one the dark certainly improved it but I think theres a lot of nostalgia in its perceived greatness. If either were built in the park now they wouldn't stand up to modern expectations.

Thunderlooper was incredible. You could build a variant of it now and it'd be well recieved.

Thunderlooper wins by a mile.

Last edited:
I believe there aren't many of us on here who experienced all 3 of these rides. I did and have to say I loved them all but Black Hole was definitely my favourite.

Don't remember Thunder Looper breaking down a lot, I thought it was one of the more reliable rides.
Did all three many times, Black Hole my personal fave...not only a nice coaster in the dark, but rain shelter as well!

Don't remember Thunder Looper breaking down a lot, I thought it was one of the more reliable rides.
Did all three many times, Black Hole my personal fave...not only a nice coaster in the dark, but rain shelter as well!

Also a chance to see whats popular in the German music charts!

Poor old Beast has no votes. Jet star 3 was a better ride than 2. Bigger drops etc.

Black hole is iconic and stretched across 3 decades for riders to enjoy. The station, music, loved everything about it. Once was incorrectly identified as a reality tv star in the station by one of the ride ops. Surreal experience in itself.

If any interest, Black Hole we know is still for sale. The price has been “lowered” to 400k.

These rides come from an era where it didn’t really matter that it wasn’t custom built. I still don’t think it makes much odds to the wider public. A rollercoaster is a rollercoaster.

I rode all 3 and ThunderLooper was the best ride by a mile however Blackhole was more intense than it had a right to be.
There was an incident on the black hole one year and after that it was not quite as dark from what I remember which made it less interesting but maybe that’s just because I knew the track layout by then.
The beast, ThunderLooper and Nemesis had from what I remember one glorious year together and poor old beast was a very poor relative that year.

I rode all 3 and ThunderLooper was the best ride by a mile however Blackhole was more intense than it had a right to be.
There was an incident on the black hole one year and after that it was not quite as dark from what I remember which made it less interesting but maybe that’s just because I knew the track layout by then.
The beast, ThunderLooper and Nemesis had from what I remember one glorious year together and poor old beast was a very poor relative that year.
1994, 1995 and 1996 had all 3. The Beast survived an extra season.

Did all 3 and really enjoyed all 3. Black Hole edged The Beast due to the added atmosphere but Thunder Looper was just massive fun and was the 'scariest' of all 3 when I first rode it. For myself, Thunder Looper clearly wins, followed by Black Hole, then The Beast not too far behind.

Thunder looper was so simple but so good. Black hole....the ride wasn't great but riding in the dark made its good.....

Can't choose between the two....

I think the fact Right Said Fred was playing on the TV everytime I queued for Black Hole hands the trophy to Thunder Looper

Thunderlooper was huge, amazing powerful launch into that huge loop, and that feeling you were going to drop off the end of the slope as your rapidly approached the buffers. Then drop backwards, round the loop and back. Amazing ride. But stood out like a sore thumb!

Beast was one of my faves. Was a great fun ride with some fast helix’s. And some pretty brutal manually operated brakes at the end!!

But the best was Black Hole. The music and theming was great. It felt a very intense ride particularly on some of the corners in the dark. The sounds effects inside were great and some of the lighting and decor inside, such as the meteors as you went up the lift hill.

Feel fortunate to have ridden all 3 , but black hole wins for me.

I'm another who rode all three.

Queued for ages (close to 2 hours) to ride it in its first year as a 12 year old on a school trip.

There was a rumour amongst my friends that The Beast was just Black Hole but outside. The carriage configuration and swirly climb at the start probably caused the rumour.

Only rode Thunder Looper once and enjoyed it, but felt it didn't offer that much different to Revolution at BPB (that'd I'd ridden many times by then)

Black Hole for me