• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Time bug on forum

DistortAMG

TS Member
Favourite Ride
POTC Disneyland Paris
Hiya,

Thought I would report this small bug with the forum as I've seen it pop up a few times now. I've only seen it on mobile to me recollection but I dont think ive looked for it much on desktop/ mainly view the website on my phone.

Notice how the time is currently 10:02 AM. But the latest future discussion was also today at 2.09 PM. It also does not show all the time and I am unsure what I am doing to make it trigger, probably making it harder to find.

No biggie I guess, thought inwould make you guys aware though :)

Have I just discovered time travel? Is it back to the future I go?

It couldn't be more obvious, its in the future, It is the future discussion after all :D

Seems alright on my all my devices but I'll keep looking now, maybe its a weird caching error with your mobile browser?

It works fine for me; the last one I’m seeing is “Today at 8:21AM”!

Maybe it’s just one of those temporary glitches?

It couldn't be more obvious, its in the future, It is the future discussion after all :D

Seems alright on my all my devices but I'll keep looking now, maybe its a weird caching error with your mobile browser?

Yeah it is fine on my end most of the time too. It could be a caching error on my browser, but the bug doesn't seem to show it's face anywhere else, on any other forums. It is a wierd one for sure. I suspect it would not be easy to find either.

It works fine for me; the last one I’m seeing is “Today at 8:21AM”!

Maybe it’s just one of those temporary glitches?

Indeed. As I said it only happens some times.

I hate to be pedantic Matt, as you are going into computer science we may aswel get you using the correct lingo. It is not a glitch because it is not a piece of equipment malfunctioning. It is a piece of computer software not working as intended, therefore it Is a bug. ;)

Last edited:
Next time you spot it maybe try incognito mode in the browser and see if the problem follows you? That should clear up any doubt the issue is on your side.

In fairness to Matt I find the terms bugs and glitches have become contorted in recent years especially thanks to gaming and popular misuse of the words. In a similar way that we've let literally become an antonym of itself.

As a side note and fun anecdote. The term bug has some roots in equipment malfunction. Although the term was used before hand (by Edison according to the IEEE) the phrase was popularised when the first actual bug was found in the system. Old computers were made with vacuum tubes and moths used to get stuck inside, hence being a bug in the system.

I hate to be pedantic Matt, as you are going into computer science we may aswel get you using the correct lingo. It is not a glitch because it is not a piece of equipment malfunctioning. It is a piece of computer software not working as intended, therefore it Is a bug. ;)
Ah right; thanks for clearing that up! I genuinely didn’t know there was a difference!

It's a weird one for sure and not one I've seen either! I'm keeping a lookout to see if I can see it when I'm browsing though, but no idea what would cause it apart from the caching suggestion and I've decided your profile and all looks fine too. Strange!