• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Top gear

delta79

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis, Air
Well. The BBC's decision is a slap in the face for Clarkson, it was better than a punch in the face.

I've never liked the man. He'll be fine though, other broadcasters will offer him loads of money to host a similar programme to Top Gear. I would hope that the likes of Hammond would be tossed aside though as he's not much more than a Clarkson arse kisser (in my opinion). Hopefully whoever offers Clarkson his new motoring programme doesn't employ Hammond etc as they are also bellends.

Considering that he physically assaulted a producer for absolutely no reason and was incredibly verbally abusive to him and others afterwards, I don't understand why people are defending his actions or were trying to get him reinstated. The fact he's an entertaining presenter or was the host of an immensely popular TV show doesn't matter here, Clarkson deserves to face the consequences for his actions.

I do think that programme was long overdue for freshening up but ironically Clarkson would have been the one I had kept.

In a business point of view it could be seen as the wrong choice, Top Gear is worth and makes a fortune for the BBC.

He deserved to be sacked, although I liked him as a Top Gear presenter personally, so will miss that.

According to James May he has been shot?

If he did assault someone then I don't think there is a lot the BBC could do. I have a feeling the three of them will end up on sky doing top gear under another name.

Nobody battered an eye lid when he punched Piers Morgan. Hopefully he'll be back because when he is just being himself and not his Top Gear Caricature, he is a damn good presenter. Lets face it the BBc income will take a huge hit now he and the programme has gone.

He's a broadcasters dream after this surely... Netflix, Sky or someone else will whip them 3 up, triple their salary overnight and create another emmennsely popular entertainment show. BBC will loose out, although, of course, they probably couldnt have done anything else and left their image intact.

I'm almost certain this won't be the end of any of their careers.

I don't get some of the arguments on this, if you don't like him/them don't watch it? I probably wouldn't like him (and don't from what the media have said about him) but I find him entertaining, and so do the other 750m people who watch the show - each to their own of course... There are entertainers I don't like, But I don't go wishing the end to their career :/

I don't care about the program, I don't watch it. I don't care if people like it or don't like it.

I don't want my licence fee money, basically taxpayer's money, being paid to someone who uses physical violence against other people. If Melvyn Bragg or Sue Lawley hit someone, I'd feel the same way.

The BBC had to let him go, you can not physically and verbally attack and injury a colleague without being dealt with by you bosses. It could of been a warning, however he was on his last warning so he had to go.

I would use to say he was a great presenter, however to be that you must be able to work with your colleagues. This just shows he has an big ego, believing he is the centre of the universe and is untouchable.
Hopefully this has bust his bubble and has taken a sledgehammer to his ego. As this will hurt him more than anything the police can do.

lets be honest all of us pay license fee and dont watch 90% of what the bbc shows. But the bbc track record they'll be back. Richard bacon. Angus deaton. Jonathan ross. Russell brand. Jimmy Saville. All managed to het back on the bbc after sackings.

I dont agree with people saying I dont want license fee wasted on them. I dont want wasted on stricly but hey. We have to pay it

Reruns of some mothers do havum and last of the summer wine. Oh you forgot Red Dwarf is now contracted to dave (UKTV)

Whether they had to sack him or not is completely inconsequential. Nobody will bat a moral eyelid when him and Hammond/May are snapped up by Sky/ITV and carry on Top Gear under another guise. BBC have lost a lot of viewers, and a massively successful show.