• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Toverland: General Discussion

Sam

TS Member
The latest update from MACK Rides on the Toverland spinning coaster:

250802_409760699066786_25882810_n.jpg

"The next Spinning Coaster is getting set up. We are excited for this new spin! How about you?"

The park are also due to add a Hafema rapids as part of a whole new area! Here's the Screamscape report from a few months ago:

Screamscape said:
2013/2014 - Magic Land Expansion - Planned - (6/15/12) NewsParcs reports that Toverland will spend about 20 million Euros between now and 2014 on an 8 hectare two-phase expansion plan. 13 million Euros will go to a new outdoor themed area called Magische Valley (Magic Valley) which will open in April 2013 and feature 8 rides and attractions, a new food stand and shopping in a natural looking setting full of trees, lakes, waterfalls and bridges. However the first attraction, a a Mack Spinning Coaster (a clone of Le Pal’s Twist) which they hope to open this October. The park will also add a 460 meter long Hafema River Rapids ride, a water carousel, a kiddie sized drop tower (32.9 ft) along with four other play activity attractions.
The second phase of the Magic Valley expansion project, at a cost of 7 million Euros, will open in 2014 but no details about what will be included have been confirmed.

Screamscape reported this morning:

Screamscape said:
2015 - Coaster - Rumor - (6/18/12) I’m not sure I’m buying this rumor yet, but there are a few websites out there claiming that Toverland may be planning a “Megacoaster” for 2015. At this point there is still lots of time for plans to change, so stay tuned while we wait for more info.

The speed of Toverland's improvements is amazing! They're a park that are really coming on strong now, Efteling must be very worried. Let's hope the "megacoaster" is a MACK, could definitely be given that they now have a working relationship with the family!

Re: Toverland: 2012 MACK spinner, 2015: "megacoaster"

Looks good, and will definitely put Toverland on the map, although I wonder why have they not stated construction yet, if it's a 2012 opening (or is it just opening late in the year)?

Is it a identical clone of Twist, or just like it- Twist looks great by the way.

The megacoaster prospect sounds very intriguing- with several types being seen already. We've seen a launched looping coaster, a launched family coaster and a lift-hill coaster (in production). Could we possibly see something different- like a proper hyper coaster- or will we see another one of these? Exciting times certainly.

If Toverland do get a Mack Mega Coaster model, which is likely given their Mack spinning coaster, then it's going to have the best rollercoaster line up of any park in Belgium, Netherlands or North West Germany!

This park is going to be a must visit in 2013. I have been three times already, but it's always lacked substance.

There are more things that point to Mack being involved... Troy is GCI and Mack are the European Re-Seller for GCI, or, that's along the lines of what I was told. That and they were linked to be getting a Super Splash instead of the rapids...

Mack work very closely with GCI indeed!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

When I was at Toverland in April, I couldn't help but notice how tired the Booster Bikes looked/felt. Troy is running brilliantly, but it is definitely time for the addition of another coaster.

I'll be keeping my eye on the construction of this, especially with Toverland's recent attention to detail. This will hopefully turn out to be a cracking, decently themed, family coaster.

Woop - fantastic news! This really is a good little park, however my only concern is the long term future of the ride. Having visited the park recently the state of the booster bike is shocking. It actually even felt/looked unsafe!

Overall though, it's a fantastic little park and this will be a very welcome addition for 'thrill seekers' as there isn't much to do! Though if your a big kid then there's lots of stuff to do inside! :)

Wow, this is great news. It is admittedly a little short on things to do at the moment, especially for the thrill seeker, but I thought it was a great little park for it's target audience on both of my visits.

Of course, in Troy, they have arguably one of the best coasters in Europe but they also have some other good theme park staples. Backstroke is a good quality log flume, Boomerang is a fun kiddie coaster, Villa Fiasco is good fun and the swinging ship is well themed and does it's job well. To add to this with 2 more decent quality coasters and a good rapids and Toverland could really become one of the big players in the not so distant future!

Would be nice to see and fingers crossed that these plans all come off :)

There's only one thing that has ever interested me about Toverland, and that's Troy. It's never been quite enough to entice me over there (even when I was 40 minutes away at Movie Park in April!), so I look forward to visiting once these expansions are complete!

A Mack Megacoaster would be fantastic :D give it inversions though, as Manta in San Diego doesn't look all too amazing!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Sazzle said:
There's only one thing that has ever interested me about Toverland, and that's Troy. It's never been quite enough to entice me over there (even when I was 40 minutes away at Movie Park in April!), so I look forward to visiting once these expansions are complete!

A Mack Megacoaster would be fantastic :D give it inversions though, as Manta in San Diego doesn't look all too amazing!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

To be fair, Manta is supposed to be a family ride.

Manta in San Diego also had to suffer from extremely difficult planning permissions, I doubt they could've done much else really...

Yeah, it sounds like the height restrictions and San Diego make Towers' restrictions seem like nothing at all! I think they did a great job with the conditions that they had.

This sounds very exciting for Toverland though. Troy looks great and a Mack Megacoaster would certainly make me want to go to the park even more. I wonder if it will be the sexy blue track and grey supports like Bloofi and Storm at Etnaland?

:)

Looks like this place is one to watch then. Isn't this spinner going to be a clone of Twist in France? That is one seriously cool looking ride, this will no doubt be a winner for the park.

I really would like to see one of these Mack spinners come to the UK. The Maurer spinners are good, but the Mack take on things looks a lot more fun, plus they ooze quality by the look of them.

Screamscape said:
According to the rough translation from Freizeitpark-Fotografie, Toverland’s park director confirmed their intentions to spend 20 million Euros on a new roller coaster for 2015.

Easily sounds like it could be a Mack now!

I hope so. I really do. Another Mack Mega Coaster within easy distance of the UK, and with other parks nearby would be amazing.

I really do think it's likely, though. They probably got a deal on 2 Mack Coasters! Also, there's a big lack of Mack coasters at other local parks, so this will bring something unique to the area.

:D

Oh Toverland! If this is a Mack Mega, I think I'll die with excitement.

Screamscape said:
2012 - Spinning Coaster - (7/6/12) According to a posting at Freizeitpark-fotografie, the opening date for Toverland’s spinning coaster has been pushed back to October 2012.

Screamscape said:
2013/2014 - Magic Land Expansion - Planned - (7/6/12) A list of several small attractions to be features in Magische Vallei was sent in by Freizeitpark-fotografie. The list includes: a Heege Tower, “water-caroussel”, “Survival-Parcour over water”, Air-Trampoline, a Climbing-Castle and Waterballon-Battle.

“Survival-Parcour over water” :eek:

And as SamB said on Facebook:

Screamscape said:
2015 - MegaCoaster - Rumor - (7/6/12) Freizeitpark-fotografie mentions in this weeks update that Toverland is going over proposals from Mack, Vekoma and B&M for their planned “megacoaster” project.

From Mack and Toverland:

552614_421408917901964_889797348_n.jpg

559306_421407697902086_1599005448_n.jpg

Rapids:

548151_421409477901908_1781447179_n.jpg

"The first parts of the new Spinning Coaster at Toverland are being installed right now! Check out the Album and Share! Have a great weekend!"

Fantastic! I am very excited about all of this!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Here is an official Mack Rides video of the sister coaster to Toverland's new spinner, Le Twist - at Le Pal in France - which opened last year:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpZERYHRQs[/youtube]

:D