• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Confessions

I never set foot in Cloud Cuckoo Land (or any of its previous incarnations) until this year!

Twirling Toadstool actually scares & intimidates me more than any other ride, including Blivvy.

How on earth those tiny chains stop me from flying off to my death is beyond me. And Restraints? what restraints?

1. I hate the Mother hen font

2. I sort of liked Sonic Spinball better when it was Spinball Whizzer

3. I miss KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonald's.

4. I love Old Macdonald's farmyard.

TedTheHuman said:
1. I hate the Mother hen font

2. I sort of liked Sonic Spinball better when it was Spinball Whizzer

3. I miss KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonald's.

4. I love Old Macdonald's farmyard.

Can't help but agree with all of that! :p

I'll add that I'll miss Storybook Land and / or Old MacDonald's Farmyard if one or both of those areas go for this 2014 family development. I loved those areas when I was little, though it's sad to see them in the state they are now.

I hate The Flume

I love Sonic Spinball (shouldn't be noteworthy but going by people's recent opinions I'd say I was in a minority)

I know its already mentioned but I miss McDonalds being on the park!

I haven't been on the Flume since May 2003.
I have never been on any attractions in the Farmyard or Storybook Land.
I've never had a proper look around either the Gardens or the Towers.

Jonathan said:

Snap.

I have never been on Submission and Enterprise.

I think Sonic Spinball is worth the queue.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra was one of the highlights of my last trip to Alton Towers.

Jonathan said:
I haven't been on the Flume since May 2003.

Next time you're at Alton Towers you'd better go and have a go on some of the rides in Storybook Land and Old MacDonald's Farmyard before it's too late! :p

Well, I've got plenty of time between when I move and the end of the season, Al. :p

Jonathan said:
Well, I've got plenty of time between when I move and the end of the season, Al. :p
They might actually learn their lesson and start building their new attractions earlier though! ;)

Then again, we said that after Th13teen. And Sub Terra. And The Smiler.
Hmm...

I often pretend to not be bothered about riding Blivvy, but the truth is it still scares the **** out of me.

I adore it though.

(I somehow doubt I am the only one, testament to how much of a one of a kind that beast is)

TheMan said:
I often pretend to not be bothered about riding Blivvy, but the truth is it still scares the **** out of me.

It is playing on the fear of falling that is hidden with the fear of heights. I don't have a fear of heights but i do have a fear of falling, and blivvy does scare the heck out of me too.

I have somehow magically never been in the gardens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2