• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Street Christmas Market

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
what-meme.png

If this works then it will lead to bigger things. I suggest if you're free you support it.

My problem is it's a Friday!?

Event is on between 10am-5pm on a Friday. In an area less than easily accessible to most for a 'quick trip'

Would love to attend, but can't because of the working week. I don't understand the logic of running this on a Friday ruling out a fair chunk of attendees.

If this was a Saturday, I'd go. It isn't worth not working for a Market unfortunately.

It actually sounds really nice, but I won't believe it's happening until I get something official from Towers themselves. If it is on a Friday, then that's a shame as I would have like to attended.

Sounds like a good idea, but without any rides open, im not sure i'll go, were 2 hours each way away from AT, i'd love to support it , but 4 hours for a market that will only have a dozen stalls isnt really something I would do.

It appears from the Sentinel article that it is being done as a fundraiser for Merlin's Magic Wand charity.

Friday is an odd day to do this. Why not a Saturday... they would have a bigger turnout that way. Will be interesting to see if it's popular and leads to anything else.

From TPWW:

TPWW said:
Alton Towers will be holding a Christmas Market on Friday 28th November 10am - 4pm, full of festive stalls, archives and more! Free entry

Can't see anything on the website about it though, which is a bit disappointing.

From TPWW:

Can't see anything on the website about it though, which is a bit disappointing.
Tis in aid of Merlin's Magic Wand - saw at least one advert at the weekend for it. But it hasn't been mentioned much.

A Friday still seems an odd choice. If they had done it on the Saturday then I'm sure a lot of people from local villages would drive over for a look at the stalls. But on a Friday doesn't it almost limit it to housewives (and house-husbands).

I saw some banners at the weekend for this on park. I will certainly be attending after work that day to have a quick look round and see what they have. It will also be interesting to see what will be on show from the Alton Towers archives.

They probably don't advertise this on the Alton Towers website as they would get one or two idiots appear expecting rides and attractions to be open.

They should do this on Saturdays though, could gather more interest on a weekend.