• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towersgasms in your Personal Life

Stelios

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
To share stories of how you try to slide Towers into your everyday life and how they react.

Got a nickname they call you from a experience?

Got a partner who's sick of your pestering?

Well share it here!

Re: Towersgasm's in your Personal Life

Is this influenced by my dad? ;)
And whenever anyone in my school claims an untrue fact on theme parks, I take it upon myself to correct it.
In the words of Metallica , it's sad but true ;)

i seem to of become Nexts walking encyclopedia of theme parks, to the point that people from all over the store come and find me just to ask me when they should go and what new rides there are and how much it costs.

its sort of getting beyond a joke now! people now seemed shocked if i DON'T spend my day off at a theme park, you can only imagion the reaction i got after they found out what i was doing the other weekend, going to Chessie Legoland Thorpe and towers in the space of a few days

My misses thinks I spend to much time at towers :-( she thinks I talk to much about towers :-( she thinks me spending an evening looking over all the planning application documents for SW7 is just sad!

Luckily my 6 year old son is on board and I can talk to him about it all day long.... In fact he sits there on YouTube constantly watching towers related clips!....also talk / bore some of my colleagues.... and any other random people that will listen!

I normally find my selection of towers ring tones gets people going. Sections of the towers street audio loop get some odd looks at times! :)

On the upside when my misses is telling other people about me she refers to me at the AT interactive map!

Constantly boring my friends with what I try to tell them is important information about AT is actually one of my favourite things to do hehe ;)

I was called 'Alton Towers Girl' at school. At work recently, someone commented in earshot of me that Thorpe Park was better than Alton Towers. Everyone hushed up and looked at me in expectant stunned silence. :p

I drink from my big Oblivion mug at work, and a colleague looked at me and said, slightly mockingly... 'oh, Oblivion... did you 'survive' it, huh?' ... as I worked on it the last two and a half years - and operated it last season - I stared him down, oh yeaaaah I did!! :)

Well, I don't know about any 'gasms' as such, but I do get called a few things at school, mainly mental for liking something out of the ordinary according to them. ::)

That doesn't bother me! It's better to be unique, hence my signature.

I've been to Alton so many times that people call upon me whenever the new advice for the place, and other parks for that matter, all because of the team here!

There have been many other occasions, such as the end of year trip to Drayton Manor this year...
People have asked whether I am disappointed or not about it, and my answer was both yes and no. I'm sad about not returning to Alton for a while, especially with my friends, but I'm also happy and excited to visit a park that I have not been to before, and to try out their rides.

So, that's enough about me for now, and I may share some more of my life in the next episode, which will be aired in another topic, but you'll have to wait until next time to see what will happen in: Longy's Life!

My RS teacher was talking about the meaning of 'mono' in Greek. It means 'one' apparently so I suddenly shouted out 'MONORAIL!' when I realized it meant 'one rail' ;D

Well, my parents are sick of me talking about it non stop ;)
And my friends... Well the day after I've gone to towers, they must remember to bring some ear plugs. :-X

I'm sure many people here will be familiar with the sighs I face from fellow member Simon when I go for a jolly to the Towers.

Rehearsing for a show today (Canterbury tales) and out of no where the director says, "im just going to try this music while your walking through the woods see how it works"

hall of the mountain king, i was happy, he was happy, i get to fight someone in the scene.... good day ;)

Well since I now have my own company which involves Alton Towers - it has kind of taken over my life! Damn you Staffordshire Theme Par, DAMN YOU! :p

I don't usually talk about AT as my family has banned me from talking about the place :( But some of the students going on a trip were trying to work out what ride to go on.

Boy did they find out im a AT fan. one asked if i wanted them to drop something on their teachers foot, so i can drive the minibus to the park. I was sooooo tempted to say yes :D