• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Awards 2022: IZ CLOSED

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Iron Gwazi
Main banner.png

Welcome welcome welcome, one and all, to the 2022 TowersStreet Awards!

For the new and uninformed, we like to take some time out of the closed season to honour those who have made exceptional contributions to the TS community throughout the past year. It's down to you, however, to vote for the winners of each award!

There's a handful of differences taking place in this year's awards, which are:
  • We've tried to streamline the process by scaling it back to a single round of voting, unlike the last few years where there were 2 rounds, so make sure your vote counts!​
  • For most of the forum awards, we've pre-nominated a number of topics to vote on. These nominations are based on the number of replies to said topic, pre-determining the popularity of the threads in the first place. Hopefully this jogs your memory about the most popular threads of the year and makes it easier to cast your vote.​
  • For categories with lots of nominated topics, we are allowing you to vote for up to 3 topics of your choice. You don't have to vote for 3, but you can't vote for the same topic more than once!​
  • There's a new category this year for your favourite trip reports from Alton Towers, Europa-Park and the rest of the world.​
  • All forum award topics must have been created in this very year of 2022.​
So so so so so, what are the 2022 TS Award categories?

TS Forum Awards
- Best New Alton Towers Topic (50+ replies required to have been nominated)
- Best New Europa-Park Topic (15+ replies required to have been nominated)
- Best New Other Theme Park Topic (25+ replies required to have been nominated)
- Best New Off-Topic Topic (25+ replies required to have been nominated)
- Funniest New Topic
- 2022 Fail Topic

TS Trip Report Awards
- Best 2022 Alton Towers Trip Report
- Best 2022 Europa-Park Trip Report
- Best 2022 Other Trip Report

TS Member Awards
- Best Contributor 2022 (someone who you think contributes well to discussion across the board)
- Best Poster 2022 (this might be someone who doesn't contribute all that often, but when they do it's always a good post)
- Geekiest Member 2022
- Funniest Member 2022
- Most Serious Member 2022
- Most Helpful Member 2022
- Biggest Moaner 2022
- Best New Member 2022
(50+ posts required to have been nominated)

Voting takes place in a Google Form, the link to which is below. You don't have to vote for every category if you don't wish to - the only required field in the form is that you fill in your TS username. As always, no voting for yourself or topics you created, pretty please.

Voting will end on December 28th at 23:59, giving you 2.5 weeks to submit your votes. Results will be announced in December 30th. If you have any questions, please do post below! So, without further ado...

VOTE NOW!

Oh shoot, I was hoping you wouldn't start the awards until at least next week. I'm still sitting on the Europa Bark trip report, waiting on Christmas leave to finish writing it.
Ah well.

@Burbs glad your running these awards as usual but I do wonder how come best new member existed the year before and now the year after I joined? :tearsofjoy:

Oh shoot, I was hoping you wouldn't start the awards until at least next week. I'm still sitting on the Europa Bark trip report, waiting on Christmas leave to finish writing it.
Ah well.
It's in the nominations, and I voted for it. 🙂

Reactions: Tim
@Burbs glad your running these awards as usual but I do wonder how come best new member existed the year before and now the year after I joined? :tearsofjoy:
Walter White I Give Up GIF by Breaking Bad

Ah well.
As Skyscraper has said above, the thread has been nominated anyway. All trip reports created this year have been, even if not complete. :)

Thanks both,
Glad I wrote the introduction. Knew it would help to get all the notes down while it was fresh.

In all seriousness, this year we have only nominated threads created in 2022. This is different to normal, as a bit of a trial to see how well it works. If there’s demand/we feel that it worked better before, we can always look at re-introducing pre-existing threads in future years. :)

I've done my voting. Some tough choices this year!

Just to point out though. The Scottish invasion Alton Towers trip report was of course posted by @QTXAdsy

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.