• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

Man this was bloody hard! Such a low height to work with and a small foot print. But I managed to squeeze some air time and G's out of it just about. It only has a max drop of 9 mtrs so I took the Nemesis approach of just working the layout downwards. Of course, like most, I've decided Drayton really needs a woodie so I built a tiny GCI, which I'd theme to a Kansas farm tornado.

Name: Drayton Twister
Height: 25mtrs (with a bit of a pit)
Max G: 5g
Max airtime: - 1.5g
Airtime moments: 9

Good job @Matt.GC , interesting that you've done a woodie too, think this is going to be quite close.

Man this was bloody hard! Such a low height to work with and a small foot print. But I managed to squeeze some air time and G's out of it just about. It only has a max drop of 9 mtrs so I took the Nemesis approach of just working the layout downwards. Of course, like most, I've decided Drayton really needs a woodie so I built a tiny GCI, which I'd theme to a Kansas farm tornado.

Name: Drayton Twister
Height: 25mtrs (with a bit of a pit)
Max G: 5g
Max airtime: - 1.5g
Airtime moments: 9

Excellent submission @Matt.GC; I love the little pops of airtime, it keeps it pace well, and it's a surprisingly long ride as well! And I have to say, I'm impressed with the creativity of digging down; overall, a great submission!

Given the difficulty of the area, I'm really liking all of these submissions so far; great work, everybody! Certainly putting my own submission to shame, for sure!

Here’s my entry, Sand Blaster

Classic wooden coaster, hence the Sand Blaster name choice.

2B0DCE10-1B08-4150-8D99-32B6D7A6138D.jpeg845AC49F-29B4-4122-97C5-0FF2E33BDCF4.jpeg448F0AF2-9077-4832-B934-5F17E2EFC31A.jpeg

Another good entry, like the airtime hill about half way through, looks like a really good moment.
With so many woodie's and my one currently not going very well I think I might switch to doing something different.

So my submission, after so many people doing family woodie's I've gone for a family Mack launch coaster, something a bit different. There's pops of airtime and lots of twists and turns, looks like it'd would be great fun. It's name is twister manor (couldn't think of anything so that'll do).
Video:

some pictures:
challenge 2.2.png
challenge 2.1.png
challenge 2.png

Here's my submission
Rat Race (A racing wild mouse)

Admittedly the duelling could be better in the second half of the layout but the two trains do arrive back at exactly the same time.

That's really cool and very unique. Would suite Drayton perfectly and would've never thought of it myself. The duelling is quite accurate considering it's Planet Coaster so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

So my submission, after so many people doing family woodie's I've gone for a family Mack launch coaster, something a bit different. There's pops of airtime and lots of twists and turns, looks like it'd would be great fun. It's name is twister manor (couldn't think of anything so that'll do).
Video:

some pictures:
challenge 2.2.png
challenge 2.1.png
challenge 2.png

Great submission @JAperson; looks fun, and long too given the site!
Here's my submission
Rat Race (A racing wild mouse)

Admittedly the duelling could be better in the second half of the layout but the two trains do arrive back at exactly the same time.

Excellent submission @Thameslink Rail; genius move getting 2 tracks into the site, given I struggled with even 1!

some great ideas from all in this one, very innovative creations that could make my intamin double launch look bland!

some great ideas from all in this one, very innovative creations that could make my intamin double launch look bland!
I’d have to agree there; all of the submissions (yours included) have been excellent so far, and I’ve been genuinely surprised at the creativity shown here! Certainly puts my Maurer spinner to shame, for sure…

Very nice submission @Burbs; I love all the little airtime pops, and the ride appears fairly smooth, while also inducing a good amount of spinning!