• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

The Mack spinner was indeed added as part of Magnificent Rides, from memory, along with the Mack mega coaster.

Sorry to double post, but apologies for the wait on the voting round; I'm just awaiting one potential last submission before I press ahead with it.

jack griffo nick GIF by Nickelodeon

Nah take as long as you need @Matt N just kidding.

Apologies for the delay, everyone; submissions for Round 2 are now closed. The voting stage has begun!

Just as a reminder, here are everyone’s submissions, with the relevant user next to them so you know who to vote for if you liked a particular submission:
  • Unnamed family launch coaster by @Connor98:
  • Tempest, a Maurer spinning coaster by @Matt N:
  • Pocket Rocket, a Gravity Group family wooden coaster by @RicketyCricket:
  • Originality Coaster 2: The Sequel, an RMC family hybrid coaster by @Poisson:
  • Drayton Twister, a GCI wooden coaster by @Matt.GC:
  • Sand Blaster, a classic wooden coaster by @Matt878787:
  • Twister Manor, a Mack launch coaster by @JAperson:
  • Rat Race, a dueling wooden wild mouse by @Thameslink Rail:
  • Unnamed Mack spinning coaster by @Burbs:

So those are the submissions! If you need a reminder about how voting works, here’s a quote of my post explaining it from the first round:
Now I hear you asking "well if I'm supposed to vote, how on earth does voting work?". Well don't worry; I'm about to clear that up!

Basically, I would like each of you to post your top 5 layouts, ranked in order. Can I please request that you include the user who created the layout in each of your ranking spots, so I can keep an easier tally of the scores as voting progresses (going off of ride name alone would make things tough, as there are 3 Exoduses). You can include the ride name if you like or you can just post the user if you'd prefer, but if you could put usernames in there for each ranking, that would be terrific! I would also like you to nominate the layouts that you feel are Most Realistic and Most Original; these do not have to be from your top 5. So if I was posting my votes, I'd post something like this:
  1. @UserA
  2. @UserB
  3. @UserC
  4. @UserD
  5. @UserE
  • Most Realistic: @UserX
  • Most Original: @UserY
(Obviously you don't have to post exactly like that, but that's just a template to give you some idea. You can offer some explanation of your choices if you wish, or you can just post the users themselves without any explanation; it's entirely up to you!)

In terms of how the scoring works; each ranking within a list is weighted a certain amount, with a #1 ranking gaining the most points and a #5 ranking gaining the least points. The weightings are as follows:
  • #1 ranking gains 5 points
  • #2 ranking gains 4 points
  • #3 ranking gains 3 points
  • #4 ranking gains 2 points
  • #5 ranking gains 1 point
  • A vote for Most Realistic gains 1 Realism point, and a vote for Most Original gains 1 Originality point. These are logged separately to the overall points.
Before I let us jump into voting, let me just lay out one ground rule; please do not vote for yourself. Please exclude your own layout when casting your vote. I know that sounds harsh, but I feel that allowing votes for your own submission could unfairly skew the results.
EDIT: Just as a memo, a log of both the overall competition scores and the scores for the current round are being kept in my initial post on page 1.
Now all that’s been cleared up; get voting, everybody! Your voting deadline is Tuesday 8th March at 11:59pm (I decided to keep to our status quo of Tuesday deadlines, but if anyone feels like they need more time, I’m happy to extend to Wednesday 9th, as we did start a day late).

Sorry to double post, but my votes are in.

Firstly, let me just say; great round, everybody! Given the challenge of the site, I’ve been phenomenally impressed with the submissions made, so even if you’re not included in my list, please don’t take that as an insult; your submission still really impressed me!

With that in mind, my choices are as follows:
  1. @Matt.GC
  2. @Matt878787
  3. @Thameslink Rail
  4. @RicketyCricket
  5. @Poisson
It was tough to decide this week; some really, really impressive stuff produced all round! I’m certainly not fancying my own chances against what’s been posted by you guys…

If anymore rounds are added, can I suggest an old fart challenge? E.g Arrow looping coasters, Stand up coasters, sit down B&M’s. Within a set height/square metre of course.
I'm not planning on extending this contest, but that's a smashing idea for the next one that I'll certainly keep in mind!

If you're wondering why I said "next one"; if you guys are up for it, I was going to run another one next closed season (2022/23). That one would start earlier in the closed season, though, and it would also feature more rounds to tide us over for the entire closed season (I've calculated that a nice uniform 10 rounds should take us through the entire 2022/23 closed season).

I'm not planning on extending this contest, but that's a smashing idea for the next one that I'll certainly keep in mind!

If you're wondering why I said "next one"; if you guys are up for it, I was going to run another one next closed season (2022/23). That one would start earlier in the closed season, though, and it would also feature more rounds to tide us over for the entire closed season (I've calculated that a nice uniform 10 rounds should take us through the entire 2022/23 closed season).
Sounds like a good idea Matt. This contest is certainly helping me get over my unintentional Planet Coaster hiatus!

This contest is certainly helping me get over my unintentional Planet Coaster hiatus!
It must be said, the same is true for me as well! While I am still building my own recreational Planet Coaster projects (I'm coming quite close to finishing the first area of Sinister Springs, my horror park, in fact), I build very slowly, and with all the theming I like to do in a project, as well as a recent creative block that I have only just started to get over, progress is pretty slow on that end, so it has been fun having a little change of pace, I'll admit; this is not the type of thing I usually do in the game, and it is meaning that I have far more stuff to show in far less time!

Put it this way; between this contest and the one I also do over on CoasterForce, my YouTube channel has probably seen more acitivity in the last couple of weeks than it had done over the entire year before this period!

On a different note; just to give you all a little update on the timescales of this contest, I currently have us finishing around the middle of April, assuming the same timescales for each round as we've had so far and that we do 5 rounds as I initially proposed. The current timetable, if you like, is:
  • Round 2 Voting: 2nd-8th March 2022 (we are here)
  • Round 3 Building: 9th-15th March 2022
  • Round 3 Voting: 16th-22nd March 2022
  • Round 4 Building: 23rd-29th March 2022
  • Round 4 Voting: 30th March-5th April 2022
  • Round 5 Building: 6th-12th April 2022
  • Round 5 Voting: 13th-19th April 2022
  • Winners declared and contest ends 20th April 2022 with the culmination of Round 5
However, I am very conscious of the fact that that puts us a good month into the 2022 season. While I am very happy to keep running right up to the end of Round 5, as I'm having great fun doing this and I don't have any reason not to that will crop up when the 2022 season begins, I'm guessing that you guys might have quite jam-packed theme park visiting schedules planned from the middle of March that won't really leave time for Planet Coaster. With that in mind, I must ask; are you guys actually happy to keep going to Round 5 in the middle of April, or would you like me to end it at Round 3 in the middle of March, to coincide with the beginning of the theme park season? I'm having great fun doing this, personally, but I wouldn't want this contest to be a hindrance to anybody's trip plans... funnily enough, the current timescales align with my own trip plans quite nicely, as I'm actually in Germany on the Tuesday & Wednesday after it ends (I fly out on Tuesday 26th April and come back on Saturday 30th April)! Thankfully, my fears about having to try and run this from Rust were unfounded...

Last edited:
For me I’m happy for it to go into the theme park season! I’ve only been able to submit into the second round so far but even if it means extending the submission deadlines to give people more time and being able to keep the competition running longer, that would suit me😁 it’s a great idea and so much fun, so keep it going in my opinion.

Yeah @Matt N I'm happy for you to carry on until all the rounds are finished, although I would say I don't think a whole week is needed for voting, but it your game and I'm happy to go with whatever you decide. I'm enjoyed the competition, it's allowing me to improve my planet coaster skills no end, also I've got to keep participating because at the moment I'm near the bottom of the leaderboard and winning is always the aim.