• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

Wow; brilliant submission @Connor98! Very smooth profiling, and some fun looking elements too!

I too now have a submission ready... say hello to Overlord, a double launch coaster:
Overlord-Entrance.png

Overlord-Layout-Overview.png

In terms of stats, they are as follows:
  • Name: Overlord
  • Manufacturer: Intamin
  • Type: LSM Launch Coaster
  • Height: 72ft/22m
  • Speed: 60mph/97kph
  • Length: 3,716ft/1,133m
  • Inversions: 3
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 4.8G (overall), 4.1G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.5G (overall), -1.2G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 5 cars/20 riders
  • Throughput: 1,828pph
The ride has a loose military theme, with Overlord being a military operation to try and bring down the Nemesis monster.

Here's a Steam Workshop link, if you'd like to download Overlord for yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2776320065

So, that's my Round 3 submission! I hope you like it!

Thank you, Matt. Yours looks very good too! Seems like we’ve both gone down similar routes with launch coasters however yours is designed to be an Intamin and mine Mack. I did play around with a single rail RMC but due to it needing a lift hill and with it being such a tight/narrow plot I just couldn’t get what I wanted out of it!, hence why I tried to take some inspiration from both icon and helix and combined them both. Looking forward to seeing what other submissions are to follow!

Wow; brilliant submission @Connor98! Very smooth profiling, and some fun looking elements too!

I too now have a submission ready... say hello to Overlord, a double launch coaster:
Overlord-Entrance.png

Overlord-Layout-Overview.png

In terms of stats, they are as follows:
  • Name: Overlord
  • Manufacturer: Intamin
  • Type: LSM Launch Coaster
  • Height: 72ft/22m
  • Speed: 60mph/97kph
  • Length: 3,716ft/1,133m
  • Inversions: 3
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 4.8G (overall), 4.1G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.5G (overall), -1.2G (heatmap)
  • Throughput: 1,828pph
The ride has a loose military theme, with Overlord being a military operation to try and bring down the Nemesis monster.

Here's a Steam Workshop link, if you'd like to download Overlord for yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2776320065

So, that's my Round 3 submission! I hope you like it!

I like this submission @Matt N however I appreciate the historic military reference with the name too which gets it extra points in my book. A great submission from @Connor98 too.

Yours looks very much like a short version of your Exodus submission Matt.
I guess it does, now you mention it. As much as I try to make each ride I build have its own individual identity, I guess I have carved myself quite a distinct layout blueprint for that type of ride (the Vector) now, with lots of weird RMC-type elements and airtime hills. That wasn’t even intentional on my part, but I guess that I do have definite styles I gravitate towards for each ride type.
I like this submission @Matt N however I appreciate the historic military reference with the name too which gets it extra points in my book. A great submission from @Connor98 too.
I hate to disappoint you, but I’ll be honest and say that I never knew that was an actual military reference… I just went with the name Overlord because I thought it sounded cool and dominant in the vein of Nemesis, and like it could feasibly be the name of a military operation. I guess I was right in that regard!

Last edited:
It may be round 3 but I am here to introduce my own submission: Project X!
Project X overview SS.PNG
Project X overview SS2.PNG

Project X is a double launch coaster themed to a secretive project developed by the Phalanx in order to stop the Nemesis creature. Using the technology of Galactica's space travel, they were able to develop an incredibly accurate weapon able to navigate the tightest of turns.
  • Name: Project X
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Type: Double Launch Coaster
  • Height: 72ft
  • Biggest Drop: 42ft
  • Speed: 63mph
  • Length: 4,233ft
  • Inversions: 5
  • Airtime Count: 8
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.62G (bit high but I tried)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -2.41G
  • Throughput: 2,043pph
POV:

Project X is a double launch coaster themed to a secretive project developed by the Phalanx in order to stop the Nemesis creature. Using the technology of Galactica's space travel, they were able to develop an incredibly accurate weapon able to navigate the tightest of turns.
POV:

I might aswell put my PS4 back in its box and put it in the loft at this rate.

POV:

Wow, what an excellent submission @Archermav! It's a long ride, yet it's blissfully smooth throughout, and I love the mix of airtime pops, turns and smoothly profiled inversions!
P.S. Even though theming isn't considered in this contest, I also love the story; very clever, and I particularly like how you've managed to bridge Nemesis & Galactica's themes.

Woah, an Intamin launch coaster that doesn't follow the traditional coaster rules? Who'd have guessed...

I call this one "Nemesisn't" - not that it has anything to do with Nemesis (aside from location, thanks Matt), it's just a fun pun.

493340_20220311162903_1.png

493340_20220311163024_1.png

Throughput: 1900pph (Approx)
Height: 22m
Speed: 63mph
Length: 1392m
Positive Force: +5g

Super funky, mega intense, double-launching mess of a ride.

Woah, an Intamin launch coaster that doesn't follow the traditional coaster rules? Who'd have guessed...

I call this one "Nemesisn't" - not that it has anything to do with Nemesis (aside from location, thanks Matt), it's just a fun pun.

493340_20220311162903_1.png

493340_20220311163024_1.png

Throughput: 1900pph (Approx)
Height: 22m
Speed: 63mph
Length: 1392m
Positive Force: +5g

Super funky, mega intense, double-launching mess of a ride.

Great submission @mo237; I like the unconventional start of the ride and the generally quite unconventional layout, and I also think you’ve got a really nice mix of airtime and inversions in there, too!

Name: Apocalypse
Manufacturer: Premier Rides
Height: 71ft
Drop: 108 ft
Speed: 81mph
Length: 5031ft
Inversions: 6

Gone for all out speed and intensity. Premier Rides hardware with an Intamin inspired layout with lots of airtime and fast Inversions, featuring a mid course backwards launch. Have dug in to the previous Blade area for extra space. Station is roughly opposite the Ripsaw site.

Knocked up a quick Nemesis recreation for scale and to help with the footprint.

Name: Apocalypse
Manufacturer: Premier Rides
Height: 71ft
Drop: 108 ft
Speed: 81mph
Length: 5031ft
Inversions: 6

Gone for all out speed and intensity. Premier Rides hardware with an Intamin inspired layout with lots of airtime and fast Inversions, featuring a mid course backwards launch. Have dug in to the previous Blade area for extra space. Station is roughly opposite the Ripsaw site.

Knocked up a quick Nemesis recreation for scale and to help with the footprint.

Nice submission @RicketyCricket! You’ve got a good mix of airtime and inversions going on there, and it’s long for the site!

This week, I arr been mostly building a water coaster. Something a bit different but an idea that's been bandied about for towers for a number of years now.

W3 pic.png

The water channel sections just before and after the station are intended to be dark ride sections, but as this isn't a theming contest, I didn't bother. :p

This week, I arr been mostly building a water coaster. Something a bit different but an idea that's been bandied about for towers for a number of years now.

W3 pic.png

The water channel sections just before and after the station are intended to be dark ride sections, but as this isn't a theming contest, I didn't bother. :p

@Burbs getting a submission in not on the last day 🤯 . In all seriousness I like the submission, a water coaster has been mentioned a lot for Towers and I think the one you've made would suite towers quite well (although I don't think they'll build and water coaster - but that's a matter for the SW9 thread).
Just out of curiosity, and I won't judge the ride on it in my rankings, what would you theme it to/have in the indoor sections?

W3 pic.png

Very nice @Burbs! Very original for a water coaster, and something that I think would suit the park well!

Also, I believe yours is the first submission so far that isn’t a launch coaster! Although I could be wrong there…

Speaking of submissions; you have approximately 2 days, 4 hours and 43 minutes to get your layouts in for this round!

OK everybody; you’ve got 1 day, 2 hours and 57 minutes left until the submission deadline for Round 3!

However, I notice that only 6 submissions are in, out of 11 participants. Are we having trouble with making time to build this round? If so, I’m willing to be flexible; how long do you think you need?

OK everybody; you’ve got 1 day, 2 hours and 57 minutes left until the submission deadline for Round 3!

However, I notice that only 6 submissions are in, out of 11 participants. Are we having trouble with making time to build this round? If so, I’m willing to be flexible; how long do you think you need?
Mine will be in tomorrow, I've just had a busy few days.