• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

1. Archermav
  2. Matt.G.C
  3. RicketyCricket
  4. Connor98
  5. Mo237

Most original: RicketyCricket
Most realistic: Archermav

Right, guys; the voting stage of Round 3 is now closed, and I can now reveal our Round 3 winners!

The winners of Round 3 were as follows:
Overall: @Archermav (36pts)
Realism: @Burbs (4 Realism points)
Originality: @RicketyCricket (4 Originality points)

And the overall league table for Round 3 was:
  1. @Archermav - 36 points overall, 2 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  2. @Matt.GC - 33 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  3. @Connor98 - 21 points overall, 1 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  4. @RicketyCricket - 16 points overall, 1 Realism points, 4 Originality points
  5. @Poisson - 8 points overall, 0 Realism points, 1 Originality points
  6. @mo237 - 8 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  7. @Matt N - 7 points overall, 1 Realism points, 1 Originality points
  8. @Burbs - 4 points overall, 4 Realism points, 3 Originality points
  9. @Thameslink Rail - 2 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  10. @Matt878787 - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  11. @JAperson - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
Great round, everybody!

But now, we must move onwards and upwards with the competition. Round 4 is upon us, and it is... The Ultimate Reloaded at Lightwater Valley!

The round details are as follows:
  • Context: The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley has been closed since 2019, and its future is uncertain. But Brighton Pier Group have come up to you with an unlimited pot of cash, and told you to refurbish and improve on the concept in whatever way you see fit. As long as the length and the 2 lift hills are kept, you can do whatever you want with the rest of the concept!
  • Constraints: Minimum Length 7,000ft/2,134m, Minimum of 2 Lift Hills, Maximum Height 199ft/61m, Maximum Footprint 2,415ft/736m*913ft/278m (the approximate dimensions of the Ultimate's footprint, measured using Google Earth)
For those who struggle with Scenario Editor, your Steam Workshop template link is as follows: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2783218724

That's Round 4... get building, everybody! If you have any questions, any problems, or anything that isn't clear, please don't hesitate to ask me!

Your Round 4 submission deadline is Tuesday 29th March 2022 at 11:59pm.

My submission for Round 4 is ready! Say hello to The Ultimate:
The-Ultimate-Layout-Overview.png

In terms of ride stats for The Ultimate, they are as follows:
  • Name: The Ultimate
  • Manufacturer: Rocky Mountain Construction
  • Model: IBox Track (Custom)
  • Height: 191ft/58m
  • Speed: 72mph/116kph
  • Length: 7,141ft/2,177m
  • Inversions: 7
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.2G (overall), 4.7G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.9G (overall), -1.8G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,279pph
Here's the Steam Workshop link if you fancy checking The Ultimate out for yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2783622848

So, that's my Round 4 submission! I hope you like it!

Well I did poorly last round, I shall have to come up with something pretty special this time around.
I think all your submissions have been great; it's just a tough pool of competition to be up against! Besides, you've still got 2 rounds to get some more points (you do already have 1 point), so hope is not lost!
P.S. Sorry for double posting!

@Matt N there was me thinking my second drop barrel roll was a unique idea haha. Will upload my submission later.

Quite a tough round this - quite difficult to maintain speed over the length.

I think all your submissions have been great; it's just a tough pool of competition to be up against! Besides, you've still got 2 rounds to get some more points (you do already have 1 point), so hope is not lost!
P.S. Sorry for double posting!
Matt I appreciate you being very kind, I was more joking, I knew when I entered this competition I wouldn't win. I just think it's amusing that I'm on one point while some people are on 90 odd. But yeah there is no way I'm getting 90 points in the next 2 rounds.

Here is my entry for round 4. I've also gone for an RMC Hybrid! it seemed like the most realistic choice and i've also not built an RMC in this competition yet!

First Lift tops out at 145ft and the second at 199ft, I've attached the stats for any further information anyone would want.

Planet Coaster 24_03_2022 22_08_24.png

Here is my entry for round 4. I've also gone for an RMC Hybrid! it seemed like the most realistic choice and i've also not built an RMC in this competition yet!

First Lift tops out at 145ft and the second at 199ft, I've attached the stats for any further information anyone would want.

Planet Coaster 24_03_2022 22_08_24.png

Very nice @Connor98; you’ve got a great mix of high and low airtime hills, and some nice inversions too!

Climb aboard the Raven, a B&M pirate ship wingrider of stupidity.

2.png

1.png

3.png

Very impressive @Poisson! It’s a very original submission, and you’ve certainly got some great terraforming and great elements going on there; I particularly like the big inversions!

Just as a friendly reminder to the rest of you; you have 2 days, 2 hours and 37 minutes remaining to make your submissions!

Name: Loltimate
Manufacturer: RMC
Height: 199ft
Speed: 76mph
length: 9563ft

First half has larger elements similar to Steel Vengeance and Zadra. Second half features a barrel roll drop as seen on Storm Chaser, followed by a low to the ground and aggressive twisted section featuring a stall.

Name: Loltimate
Manufacturer: RMC
Height: 199ft
Speed: 76mph
length: 9563ft

First half has larger elements similar to Steel Vengeance and Zadra. Second half features a barrel roll drop as seen on Storm Chaser, followed by a low to the ground and aggressive twisted section featuring a stall.

Brilliant submission @RicketyCricket! A very realistic RMC, with a nice mix of inversions and airtime, and I’m also impressed with how well you kept the thrills going in the second half!

I've pretty much followed the layout of The Ultimate but RMC-ified it.

Annoyingly the pacing is a bit pants towards the end and even then it only comes in at 6500 feet long, so feel free to disqualify me from this round. Thought I'd share anyway as I'm pretty happy with how the majority of it turned out. :)

Screenshot at Mar 27 22-07-48.png

I've pretty much followed the layout of The Ultimate but RMC-ified it.

Annoyingly the pacing is a bit pants towards the end and even then it only comes in at 6500 feet long, so feel free to disqualify me from this round. Thought I'd share anyway as I'm pretty happy with how the majority of it turned out. :)

Screenshot at Mar 27 22-07-48.png

Very good @Burbs! Wonderfully smooth, and I love all the airtime pops scattered around; a very realistic RMC!