• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

OK then; voting for Round 5 is now closed. And the results are in...

Our Round 5 winners are:

And the overall Round 5 league table is:
  1. @Connor98 - 16 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  2. @Archermav - 15 points overall, 2 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  3. @RicketyCricket - 14 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  4. @Matt N - 11 points overall, 3 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  5. @Matt.GC - 11 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  6. @Poisson - 7 points overall, 0 Realism points, 2 Originality points
  7. @Thameslink Rail - 1 points overall, 0 Realism points, 4 Originality points
  8. @Burbs - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  9. @Matt878787 - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  10. @JAperson - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  11. @mo237 - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
Great round, everybody!

Now that the round is over, it's time for a new one. It's the final round, and a rather different kettle of fish to the other 5... the bonus round is upon us!

I can hear you all asking "well, what's this bonus round you've been hyping up for weeks, Matt?". Well, all will now be revealed...

I cannot take credit for this round idea; the wonderful @Matt.GC suggested it to me back during the Ultimate round, and I thought it was a terrific idea! He quite rightly pointed out that certain rounds benefit certain types of builders, whereas other rounds benefit others, and that while having the constraints is all well and good, it does make the playing field a touch biased in some rounds. So in order to remedy that, I'm implementing a brilliant suggestion he made... welcome one and all to Round 6, the Freestyle Round!

As the name implies, this round will literally be your chance to build whatever you want, with no constraints.
  • Context: Build whatever your heart desires!
  • Constraints: None. The only constraint is your own creativity!
With that in mind, it's a round that requires a fairly minimal introduction; you can build whatever you want, with absolutely no constraints!

The only advice I'd give (and this is advice; you don't have to take it) is that I recommend you build whatever you feel shows your building skills in the best light. This is your opportunity to really wow us, and really show off the best of what you have to offer as a builder. It can be completely wacky and over-the-top, or it can be something less complex, but really refined. Or it can be something else entirely; it's entirely up to you!

One final thing; I know we're not at the voting stage yet, but I have decided that any ranking you get in this round will be worth double the points of any previous ranking (so for instance, a #1 ranking from a voter in this round is worth 10 points instead of the usual 5), so it really is all to play for!

As I am travelling to Germany next Tuesday, you have a 2 week building window, therefore your deadline is Tuesday 3rd May 2022 at 11:59pm. Apologies for the inconvenience.

So without further ado; get building, everybody!

Last edited:
My Round 6 submission is ready! After my B&M Hyper Coaster appeared to go down fairly well among those who voted in Round 5, I decided to do something similar to that on steroids for Round 6... say hello to Gargantua, a B&M giga coaster:
Gargantua-Layout-Overview.png

In terms of stats, Gargantua is as follows:
  • Name: Gargantua
  • Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard
  • Model: Hyper Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 358ft/109m
  • Speed: 99mph/159kph
  • Length: 8,236ft/2,510m
  • Inversions: 0
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.7G (overall), 4.7G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.6G (overall), -1.3G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 4 trains with 8 cars/32 riders
  • Throughput: 2,140pph
The best way I can think of to describe Gargantua is as a B&M Hyper Coaster on speed. It is technically a giga coaster, but the first half stays quite true to B&M's regular hyper coaster style while also upping the forces slightly, with negative g-forces edging towards -1.5G over some of the camelbacks. The second half goes a little more twisty and unique, with some twisted airtime hills and turns (and a helix I slightly over-egged the forces of, meaning that it briefly peaks at 5.7G... sorry about that!).

If you want to have a play with Gargantua for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2798194616

So, that's my Round 6 submission, and my final submission of the competition! I hope you like it!

No time next week so I'll submit mine now.

As was seen early on, I seem to do best at B&M Inverts and RMCs. I also promised to build a Wacky Worm. Behold:

1.png2.png
So a B&M invert and RMC Wacky Worm it is. Have a pair of POVs.

Naturally the invert is the main to be judged, but I did promise a Wacky Worm. Enjoy!

As was seen early on, I seem to do best at B&M Inverts and RMCs. I also promised to build a Wacky Worm. Behold:

1.png2.png

Naturally the invert is the main to be judged, but I did promise a Wacky Worm. Enjoy!

I think my response in discord says what I am thinking right now:
1650832056107.png
This is both amazing and horrendous at the same time :tearsofjoy:

My submission is now ready too!
I tend to enjoy building Multi Launch coasters that feature a mix of inversions, airtime and intensity so that is what I've gone with.
This is my triple launch Intamin Blitz coaster!

Planet Coaster 24_04_2022 21_36_48 (2).png

1.png2.png

Wow; brilliant submission @Poisson! The inverted coaster is brilliant, with some great drops, turns and inversions, and I’ll give it to you, I’m impressed by how realistic your wacky worm is!
My submission is now ready too!
I tend to enjoy building Multi Launch coasters that feature a mix of inversions, airtime and intensity so that is what I've gone with.
This is my triple launch Intamin Blitz coaster!

Planet Coaster 24_04_2022 21_36_48 (2).png

Very nice submission @Connor98! You’ve certainly got lots of airtime in there, and the inversions are really nice too! If you don’t mind, though, I must ask you something I’ve been meaning to ask since way back in the Drayton round; how is it you get the Millennium Force-style trains onto the Mack track?

Sorry, guys… I meant to comment on these earlier, but got a bit sidetracked…

Just as a reminder to everyone else; you have 1 week, 1 day and 39 minutes to submit your submissions for the bonus round; as I am in Germany this week, this round is 1 week longer than usual. Remember, it’s worth double the points of the other rounds, so it’s all to play for!

Wow; brilliant submission @Poisson! The inverted coaster is brilliant, with some great drops, turns and inversions, and I’ll give it to you, I’m impressed by how realistic your wacky worm is!

Very nice submission @Connor98! You’ve certainly got lots of airtime in there, and the inversions are really nice too! If you don’t mind, though, I must ask you something I’ve been meaning to ask since way back in the Drayton round; how is it you get the Millennium Force-style trains onto the Mack track?

Sorry, guys… I meant to comment on these earlier, but got a bit sidetracked…

Just as a reminder to everyone else; you have 1 week, 1 day and 39 minutes to submit your submissions for the bonus round; as I am in Germany this week, this round is 1 week longer than usual. Remember, it’s worth double the points of the other rounds, so it’s all to play for!
Thanks @Matt N. you use the gertslauer infinity track and allow interchangeable cars within the game settings you can change to almost any car you’d like on different track styles, however the Mack launch coaster does not allow for this. I used the millennium force style trains as they are the closest to the intamin blitz ones I could find.

As some of you will know, I'm a massive Sonic the Hedgehog fan. It's always struck me as almost sacrilegious that there's never been a decent roller coaster themed to him. That slow paced looser Mario (you really had to go to school in the 90's to know how controversial this is) has a whole area themed to him in Universal Japan. Yet the much more awesome Sonic - who's games are based on running through elements like a roller coaster - has only ever managed to have his name slapped on a Maurer spinner at Alton!

I've remedied this injustice by creating Sonic - The Ride. I've tried to incorporate as many elements as possible from Sonic games in this coaster. Run up the vertical climb like in Sonic CD's Palm Tree Panic. Traverse a vertical loop exited by a vertical drop first seen in Sonic 2's Chemical Plant. Sprint over the rolling hills of Sonic 1's Green Hill. Heartline across the lake of Sonic 2's Emerald Hill. Sprint your way across the ceiling like in Sonic 3's Carnival Night. Wind your way through the bendy pathways of Sonic Adventure's Emerald Coast. Set in Green Hill Zone, Sonic - The Ride is every blue hedgehog's favourite coaster.

To incorporate the Sonic design, it's not the most graceful of coasters in parts. But it's got tonnes of airtime, is intense and fast - just like Sonic himself. Oh, and it's capable of running 4 trains.

Max speed 100mph
Max G 6.9g
Min G -2.51g (ejector baby yeah!)
Inversions 9
Airtime count 19(!)

Anyone younger than me who were never lucky enough to own a Mega Drive or Dreamcast, watch run-through videos of Pamtree Panic, Chemical Plant, Green Hill, Emerald Hill, Carnival Night and Emerald Coast to get the elements I was going for.

I guess you kind of had to be there.....

Last edited:
As some of you will know, I'm a massive Sonic the Hedgehog fan. It's always struck me as almost sacrilegious that there's never been a decent roller coaster themed to him. That slow paced looser Mario (you really had to go to school in the 90's to know how controversial this is) has a whole area themed to him in Universal Japan. Yet the much more awesome Sonic - who's games are based on running through elements like a roller coaster - has only ever managed to have his name slapped on a Maurer spinner at Alton!

I've remedied this injustice by creating Sonic - The Ride. I've tried to incorporate as many elements as possible from Sonic games in this coaster. Run up the vertical climb like in Sonic CD's Palm Tree Panic. Traverse a vertical loop exited by a vertical drop first seen in Sonic 2's Chemical Plant. Sprint over the rolling hills of Sonic 1's Green Hill. Heartline across the lake of Sonic 2's Emerald Hill. Sprint your way across the ceiling like in Sonic 3's Carnival Night. Wind your way through the bendy pathways of Sonic Adventure's Emerald Coast. Set in Green Hill Zone, Sonic - The Ride is every blue hedgehog's favourite coaster.

To incorporate the Sonic design, it's not the most graceful of coasters in parts. But it's got tonnes of airtime, is intense and fast - just like Sonic himself. Oh, and it's capable of running 4 trains.

Max speed 100mph
Max G 6.9g
Min G -2.51g (ejector baby yeah!)
Inversions 9
Airtime count 19(!)

Anyone younger than me who were never lucky enough to own to Mega Drive or Dreamcast, watch run-through videos on Pamtree Panic, Chemical Plant, Green Hill, Emerald Hill, Carnival Night and Emerald Coast to get the elements I was going for.

I guess you kind of had to be there.....

Sonic 2 & Sonic 3 & Knuckles are in my opinion up there as the greatest platform games in history. Flying Battery zone music was and is still epic. Sorry to go slightly off topic but you’ve got me started

Sonic 2 & Sonic 3 & Knuckles are in my opinion up there as the greatest platform games in history. Flying Battery zone music was and is still epic. Sorry to go slightly off topic but you’ve got me started
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (now widely considered to be the same game rather than 2, which of course it is really) is one of the greatest games of all time in my opinion. Sits up there with Mortal Kombat 2, Resident Evil 4 and The Last of Us for me. A true masterpiece of a game that even a young 'un could still pick up today and have a bloody good time with.

I really wanted to put some music to it lads but I'm not savvy on how to do it. Some excellent chip tunes from the original games via on board audio would do nicely.

@Matt878787 if I could I would've had ring noises through the launches and the inversions. I made the "rings" by colouring doughnuts yellow! I have no idea how to create decent ones in game sadly.