• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet COVID-19 Vaccine Poll

What is your COVID-19 vaccination status?

• Partially vaccinated (Pfizer)

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Fully vaccinated (Pfizer)

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Partially vaccinated (AstraZeneca)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Fully vaccinated (AstraZeneca)

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Partially vaccinated (Other)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Fully vaccinated (Other)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Not sure whether to get vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely not getting vaccine

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Haven’t had the vaccine yet, but plan to get it

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. After an idea @Rojo suggested in the Coronavirus thread, I decided to make this poll to ask about your COVID vaccination status; whether you plan to have the vaccine, whether you’ve only had one dose or whether you’ve had both, as well as which vaccine you’ve had.

I’ll get the ball rolling, then. I’ve had both doses, and I had the Pfizer vaccine; I had my first dose on 27th March, and my second dose on 20th May.

I’ve put a poll in, but it’s an anonymous poll, as I know this is a contentious topic for some.

But have you been vaccinated? Do you plan to get vaccinated?

@Matt N did it give you any side effects? Haven't been offered mine yet but I assume it'll likely be Pfizer or Moderna, everyone I know who has had AstraZeneca has been knocked off of their feet but the other ones are fine apparently.

@Matt N did it give you any side effects? Haven't been offered mine yet but I assume it'll likely be Pfizer or Moderna, everyone I know who has had AstraZeneca has been knocked off of their feet but the other ones are fine apparently.
I felt a bit “bleh” the day after both doses (if you get what I mean?), with some minor aches, and I had a pretty sore arm, but I had no major side effects that made me really unwell; for some idea, I still went into sixth form the day after my second dose.

I'm a bit stuck on one dose! I was given an out of sequence first dose before my age category was widely eligible as giving them to emergency workers is how they've been using up excess vaccinations that would otherwise have spoiled.

Now if I try to book my second dose the system doesn't seem to recognise it's not my first so I do not know whether the correct vaccine would be available if I booked it online,, I was told to book it with a phonecall but no one ever answers the phone!

I'm a bit stuck on one dose! I was given an out of sequence first dose before my age category was widely eligible as giving them to emergency workers is how they've been using up excess vaccinations that would otherwise have spoiled.

Now if I try to book my second dose the system doesn't seem to recognise it's not my first so I do not know whether the correct vaccine would be available if I booked it online,, I was told to book it with a phonecall but no one ever answers the phone!
Maybe try ringing your local GP surgery? I had a few problems booking my first dose, as I was originally booked in to have the AstraZeneca vaccine (I’m not eligible for the AZ due to being under 18), but the surgery were very helpful, and eventually were able to fit me in for a first dose of the Pfizer alongside the Pfizer second doses being administered to the older age groups. My second dose was fine; we booked that with no issues.

So if you have a local vaccination service, try ringing your GP is the best advice I can give you.

I think it's one of those things where everybody's experience can vary so much.

My friend had AZ and felt awful the day after their first dose. They said they felt like they'd been run over and basically just rested in bed the day after. My mum and dad also had AZ and their experience varied, with my dad just feeling a little bit more tired than usual while my mum had a bad headache, really sore arm and fatigue for a couple of days. I also know of two people who had AZ and had no side-effects at all.

Myself and colleagues at work have had our first dose of Pfizer and we all felt a bit rough the next day (in my case a recurring headache) but were well enough to work. Fine by the second day apart from a sore arm, especially if you leant or tried to sleep on it.

Everybody I know was fine after the second dose without any side-effects, but again some people report the second being worse than the first. I'd just assume you'll feel a bit under the weather the day after each dose and plan around that.

I had my first and 2nd no problem. Jess on the other hand has been a nightmare getting her jabs including her flu vaccine last year as well as her first and getting her 2nd covid jab despite being elidable for being vulnerable with underlying health condition as well as the gov moving the 2nd jab from 12 weeks to 8 weeks. I know many people that are young and healthy getting vaccines before Jess because they simply had spent just one night in hospital as a young child. Jess has always been in and out of hospital all her life

Jess just keeps being told that she needs to wait, phone again next week and finally getting close to the wire with her 2nd jab, now being told that by the people dealing with her jabs, that they are no longer doing them. They could have told us that a few weeks ago. Another thing they have been saying to us over the past few months with the covid vaccine as well as the flu vaccine last week is that she don't need to worry as she is not going out to work like others. The roll out has left us fuming and disillusioned with the way that they have treated Jess and we feel that she has been discriminated due to her disability and are looking at taking the matter further.

We had the same concerns and ended up phoning 119. They confirmed that the online system will automatically sort out the correct vaccine centre for the correct vaccine. They also said that Jess should have had her 2nd jab weeks ago and they have now got her booked in for today. However there is a bit of a journey for us for this one.

Last edited:
I think it's one of those things where everybody's experience can vary so much.

My friend had AZ and felt awful the day after their first dose. They said they felt like they'd been run over and basically just rested in bed the day after. My mum and dad also had AZ and their experience varied, with my dad just feeling a little bit more tired than usual while my mum had a bad headache, really sore arm and fatigue for a couple of days. I also know of two people who had AZ and had no side-effects at all.

Myself and colleagues at work have had our first dose of Pfizer and we all felt a bit rough the next day (in my case a recurring headache) but were well enough to work. Fine by the second day apart from a sore arm, especially if you leant or tried to sleep on it.

Everybody I know was fine after the second dose without any side-effects, but again some people report the second being worse than the first. I'd just assume you'll feel a bit under the weather the day after each dose and plan around that.

I've seen discussion that if you have had covid (even if you were unaware as symptoms were so mild) then you can feel worse after the first dose of the vaccine. If you haven't had it all all then you'll fee worse after the second vaccine dose.
Not sure how true this is as don't think there has been a proper medical trial, but I've seen the theory a couple of times.

After my first dose of Pfizer I had a sore arm and achey joints but otherwise not too bad.

I'm fully vaccinated (although the 2nd jab has not taken full affect yet) and I had the AZ one. The first dose I had severe chills in the night and couldn't get to sleep, but after taking some paracetamol the next morning, it was completely gone. Had the sore arm and what not for 2 or 3 days but it was good overall. 2nd jab I had no side effects whatsoever and my arm didn't even hurt as much

I've seen discussion that if you have had covid (even if you were unaware as symptoms were so mild) then you can feel worse after the first dose of the vaccine. If you haven't had it all all then you'll fee worse after the second vaccine dose.
Not sure how true this is as don't think there has been a proper medical trial, but I've seen the theory a couple of times.

After my first dose of Pfizer I had a sore arm and achey joints but otherwise not too bad.
Your experience with the Pfizer sounds not at all dissimilar to mine.

I think it varies substantially, to be honest. In terms of immune response; maybe it partly depends on how susceptible you are to symptomatic COVID as well.

As an example, there’s a very high chance I had COVID back in April 2020 (my mum tested positive, my mum, dad and sister all displayed textbook COVID symptoms, and we made no effort to distance from one another whatsoever), but I never displayed any symptoms, so even without the vaccine, I probably only had COVID asymptomatically. As such, I may have been less susceptible to notable side effects.

I’m not 100% sure, to be honest, but that’s just a theory I have.

Had both injections of Pfizer.
I had a sore arm and felt a bit off after both injections.
Which is normal for me with vaccine.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

I've had both doses of Pfizer - the first one on 21st February, and the second on 6th May. Slightly sore arm both times, but no other issues. Other than a bit of a headache while at work two days after having the first dose, but that may not be directly connected. There's a reason why I have painkillers in my work bag just in case I need them. :p

Had my first AZ dose in March. Arm was a little bit sore for about a day, and during the first night I felt slightly warmer than normal but nothing troublesome. Felt generally fine the next day, but I did spend a lot of time outdoors when it was cold and drizzling doing some tasks I could have delayed. When I got back indoors I think the indoor heat hit me and I did feel a bit off for about 10 minutes and was then perfectly fine.

Had the second dose a couple of weeks ago and felt no ill effects whatsoever. Didn't even have a sore arm. On both occasions all the staff and volunteers were great. Big thank you to all involved!

Had first AZ three months ago, second one in one hour!
Service with the first was amazing, in and out in five minutes.
Felt rotten after the first, l had all the mild symptoms apart from headache, but add them all together and I was poorly for three days.
Must have been bad, the wife told me to take a couple of days off.
Will probably suffer again, as I am waiting for an op and have immunity issues.

Had first AZ three months ago, second one in one hour!
Service with the first was amazing, in and out in five minutes.
Felt rotten after the first, l had all the mild symptoms apart from headache, but add them all together and I was poorly for three days.
Must have been bad, the wife told me to take a couple of days off.
Will probably suffer again, as I am waiting for an op and have immunity issues.
Hope your second dose goes well @rob666! Many who had bad symptoms with the first don’t seem to get them quite as badly with the second, so hopefully you won’t be as ill this time!

I had both Pfizer jabs and fully vaccinated. First jab I had very minimum side effects. Mainly a dead arm for a good week. I don't know if it was phycological or not, but the only other side effects were very minimal, they were not even niggly. I would go to move my arm and I would get a slight twinge or I would lean forward and get slightly light headed for a split second.

My second jab two months ago, I had absolutely no side effects what so ever, not even a dead arm. I scanned my vaccine card as a spare and then laminated the original which I carry around with me.

Jess was finally got her 2nd jab today. Because she had the AZ, it will be about 3 to 4 weeks for maximum immunity against the Delta (Indian) variant

@Matt N I have to ask how did you manage to get vaccinated back in March? I remember you saying at the start of the year you were worried you'd miss out on getting a vaccine as it hadn't been approved for under 18s. So I was surprised to see you'd already had both around the time they made the 1st doses available to the 30 to 40 range.
I can only guess that your local area went through the groups very quickly or you were classed in the vulnerable category (you don't have to say why if that's the case).

@Matt N I have to ask how did you manage to get vaccinated back in March? I remember you saying at the start of the year you were worried you'd miss out on getting a vaccine as it hadn't been approved for under 18s. So I was surprised to see you'd already had both around the time they made the 1st doses available to the 30 to 40 range.
I can only guess that your local area went through the groups very quickly or you were classed in the vulnerable category (you don't have to say why if that's the case).
I have autism, so fell into group 6 (people aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions).

I certainly wasn’t expecting a vaccine as early as March, and I’m still not sure if I necessarily deserved it that early, but my thought process in accepting it was that I wouldn’t have been offered it again had I rejected it, and anyone who gets a vaccine surely contributes to limiting viral spread?

My age did actually cause quite an interesting issue with booking the first dose, though; as it’s only the Pfizer that’s licensed in 16-18 year olds, that’s the only one I could have. Not knowing that when I booked the appointment, I originally got booked in to have the AstraZeneca vaccine at the very start of March, but had to cancel it due to the aforementioned issue. We then had a bit of trouble booking, as at that time, all of the first doses being administered at the local centre were AstraZeneca, but they were eventually able to squeeze my Pfizer first dose in on 27th March alongside the Pfizer second doses being administered.