• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2022/23: Winners Declared (contest ended 18th March)

I apologise for doing another reminder, but I have only had 1 response to the Round 17 Google Form so far. If you’d like to vote for your Round 17 favourites, here’s the link for you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdk0r_cA7dx6V_z7WKniby-wz5xI_sxV_X5aDv0NP4xTjhFdg/viewform

Also remember that there is 1 day left to submit a creation for the Bonus Round or request an extension. Remember that this round is worth double the points and offers total creative freedom, not to mention that it is your last chance to score points in this contest!

I know I’m banging this drum a lot, but I just want to be fully transparent about what the Bonus Round is worth and make sure that everyone gets sufficient opportunity to submit something for it if they would like to. I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on the last hurrah of the contest!

Last edited:
Week 19 Weekly Digest (11th-17th March 2023)
OK, everybody; Week 19 is now here! And believe it or not, it's the last week of the contest, folks; only one week to go until it's all over (well, until next closed season at least)! As we're winding down now, I only have 2 things to cover this week, so let's get right to it!
Round 17 Results
After a week of voting, Round 17's results are now in! I can confirm that I got 5 responses in the Google Form, and the winners of Round 17 are as follows:
The leaderboard for Round 17 is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Poisson2411
2@Connor981720
3@RicketyCricket1602
4@mo237700
5@Matt N610
6@Thameslink Rail501
7@Matt.GC000
8@Archermav000
9@Burbs000
10@immelmanloop000
11@JAperson000
12@MaxPower000
As such, the leaderboard for the overall contest so far is as follows:
1@Connor98243273
2@Poisson186221
3@RicketyCricket184811
4@Matt N174101
5@Matt.GC171141
6@Thameslink Rail137321
7@Archermav118101
8@Burbs4808
9@mo2374812
10@immelmanloop910
11@JAperson000
12@MaxPower000
Great round, everybody! Now let's move onto Bonus Round voting...
Bonus Round Voting
Our Bonus Round submissions are ready and built. Therefore, the voting stage must now begin!

Please vote for your Bonus Round favourites via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfv9h65OwlW3syhCT3vvITyt1z0HjTtdOdizePaukJGUeuVBg/viewform

Let me just recap a few things about voting, if you need a reminder.
  • If you're not clear on how I'd like you to vote; please pick your top 5 track layouts and rank them in order of preference from #1 to #5. As this is the Bonus Round, points are worth double what they were in any prior round. Therefore, if you give a player a particular ranking, the points allocated are as follows; #1 ranking = 10pts, #2 ranking = 8pts, #3 ranking = 6pts, #4 ranking = 4pts, #5 ranking = 2pts.
  • You will also receive the opportunity to nominate a submission for Realism or Originality if you wish. Unlike last year, these nominations are not compulsory; you can award them if you wish, but you do not have to nominate anyone for Realism or Originality. As the Bonus Round doubling rule also applies to Realism and Originality points, each Realism or Originality nomination a player gets will grant them 2 Realism points or 2 Originality points.
  • Please only fill out this form once. I have not mandated this within the form itself, but I'm trusting you all here.
  • Please do not vote for yourself. I know that there is no way I can mandate this, but I trust you not to. Please can I request that you only nominate submissions that are not your own.
  • Please judge submissions on track layout only. This is a coaster layout building contest; theming is pretty much irrelevant here.
  • I know that this form of voting is a lot more anonymous than the voting process was in the last contest. If you would like to add a slightly more personal touch, you can still post a comment in this thread indicating your top 5 choices, as well as any Realism or Originality nominations, like you did last year if you would like to. However, can I please request that the Google Form be your first port of call for voting; I will only count votes cast within the Google Form, as if you post in this thread, I wouldn't like to assume whether you've already voted in the Google Form or not. Post your choices in the thread by all means, but please make sure that you log your votes within the Google Form first, as the votes within the Google Form are the votes I'll be counting.
For this week only, I do have one final request. As there were only 5 submissions for the Bonus Round, please only choose a #5 if you did not compete in this round. If you posted a submission for this round, please only vote to #4 to ensure that you are not voting for yourself. I have made the #5 choice optional within the form for this reason; please only vote for a #5 if you did not post a submission for this round.

Here are the Bonus Round submissions so that you know what you're voting for:
  • Intimidator, a Mack Rides giga coaster by @Matt N:
  • Unnamed B&M Inverted Coaster/Stand-Up Coaster combo by @Poisson:
  • Unnamed Intamin launch coaster by @Connor98:
  • Big Chunder Mountain, an RMC IBox Track by @RicketyCricket:
  • Skydiver, a B&M Stand-Up Coaster by @Thameslink Rail:

The Bonus Round voting deadline is Friday 17th March 2023 at 11:59pm.

As this is the last week of the contest, I'm afraid I do not have a new round to reveal.

As such, that's all I have to cover for this week! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Good luck with the final week, folks... get voting for your Bonus Round favourites!

Just to remind you, folks; we are now over half way through Week 19.

I have only had 1 response to the Bonus Round Voting form so far, and that is my own. If you’d like to vote for your Bonus Round favourites, here is the link where you can do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfv9h65OwlW3syhCT3vvITyt1z0HjTtdOdizePaukJGUeuVBg/viewform

I’d thoroughly recommend that you vote if you’d like to. Your vote is worth double what it was in the previous rounds, and it’s your last chance to influence the outcome of the contest!

Just as a reminder, folks, there is only 1 day remaining to vote for your Bonus Round favourites. I’ve had 3 responses so far, but there’s still a day left for you to influence the outcome of the competition if you’d like to. I know I reminded you once this week already, but I’m keen for everyone who’d like to vote to get the opportunity to vote given that this is the last week of the competition.

You can vote via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfv9h65OwlW3syhCT3vvITyt1z0HjTtdOdizePaukJGUeuVBg/viewform

It might be hard to believe, folks, but we’re only one day away from the second contest finishing and the results being revealed!

End of the Contest Digest (18th March 2023)
The time has come, folks... the Bonus Round voting has closed! And with that, the contest has come to an end! As such, I've got two lots of results to cover this evening, so let's get straight to it...
Bonus Round Results
I can confirm that I got 3 responses to the Bonus Round Voting form, and the winners of the Bonus Round are as follows:
The leaderboard for the Bonus Round is as follows:
1@RicketyCricket2206
2@Connor982040
3@Poisson2000
4@Matt N1820
5@Thameslink Rail600
6@Matt.GC000
7@mo237000
8@Archermav000
9@Burbs000
10@immelmanloop000
11@JAperson000
12@MaxPower000
Great round, everybody!

As the Bonus Round results are in, I can now confirm the Overall Contest winners...
Overall Contest Results
The contest is now over, and the winners are as follows:
Congratulations, winners; you will receive prizes from me via PM in due course!

The final leaderboard for the overall contest is as follows:
1@Connor98263313
2@RicketyCricket206817
3@Poisson206221
4@Matt N192121
5@Matt.GC171141
6@Thameslink Rail143321
7@Archermav118101
8@Burbs4808
9@mo2374812
10@immelmanloop910
11@JAperson000
12@MaxPower000
So that's a wrap for the TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2022/23, folks! Thank you all so much for playing; the standard of submissions has been brilliant this year, and I've been consistently impressed by how well you've all risen to the challenges I've set!

With this being a much longer contest than the previous one, I was unsure how things would pan out, but everyone produced consistently great submissions, for my money! I thoroughly appreciate everyone's contributions and support, so thank you all for participating and being so supportive. I know it sounds cliched, but this contest really wouldn't be what it is without you guys!

To help enhance future contests, I would really appreciate any feedback on this contest, if you have any for me. And please don't hold back in that regard, either; if you think that the contest has been rubbish and I've done a terrible job, please tell me! Is there anything you particularly liked about this contest? Is there anything you didn't like, or anything that you'd change? I'd love to know; your feedback will help me make future contests better.

But all in all, though; I hope you've all had a fun time, and I hope to see you all again next closed season, when I hope to be running the TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2023/24! Until then, though, we've got some real parks to visit to get the creative juices flowing! The Speed Build Contest may have ended, but after a lot of furious debate, it's finally time to see what lies within The Curse at Alton Manor...

Last edited:
Thank you @Matt N its been amazing again! Glad to win two of the 3 but honestly had more fun watching other people’s submissions than building at times! I think we should have a lunacy voting category because some of this years have been so brilliantly crazy😂.

My apologies for the slightly later start, but for anyone interested, I’ve now started a thread for the 2023/24 Speed Build Contest: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...nd-1-dropping-23rd-december.7022/#post-441025

Register your interest in that thread if you would like to play. If you would like to register, I’d strongly advise doing so before Saturday 23rd December 2023 at 12am, as that’s when Round 1 of the contest is dropping.

I once again apologise for the late start, but Speed Build season is upon us once again, folks!