• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2022/23: Winners Declared (contest ended 18th March)

Paultons desperately need capacity as well as something more thrilling. Vekoma Mine Train ticks all the boxes. 1530pph possible without pushing the ride system.

1674411282703.png

1674411376571.png

Why not install 2 high capacity rides in 1 go? See the rapids in shot as well

1674411424110.png

So...a POV. Some stats as well. 3830ft long, 49mph top speed. 61ft tall at the crest of the first lift.

Great submission @Poisson! Your ride looks like great fun, with some fun twists and turns, and you've gotten a huge amount out of the length!

If they're wanting something that's a little more thrilling but still accessible, I thought why not introduce inversions into the mix - this is "InfiniRail", a dual-launch Gerstlauer Infinity. Essentially Paultons answer to Icon.

Height: 75ft
Length: 826m
Speed: 50mph
Positive G Spike: +4.8g
Negative G Spike: -1.12g
Inversions: 2 (Corkscrew, Heartline Roll)
Throughput: 1400pph+

493340_20230123150245_1.png

493340_20230123150322_1.png

493340_20230123150349_1.png

Paultons need a high capacity attraction, and you've delivered in that respect! Great ride as well.
If they're wanting something that's a little more thrilling but still accessible, I thought why not introduce inversions into the mix - this is "InfiniRail", a dual-launch Gerstlauer Infinity. Essentially Paultons answer to Icon.

493340_20230123150349_1.png,

493340_20230123150349_1.png

Cool submission @mo237! Your ride looks like great fun, with some awesome airtime pops and fun inversions!

As an aside for everyone else; we are now over half way through Week 12.

I’ve had 4 responses to the Round 11 Voting Google Form so far. If you’d like to vote for your Round 11 favourites, here’s the form allowing you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe17sLR7PzHp-Aw6Ak9KGauWw5bNS9GD6spWcaSgLeDRx5JuQ/viewform

There have been 4 submissions for Round 12 so far, including my own. If you would like a deadline extension for Round 12, please notify me before the deadline and I would be happy to facilitate one for you. If you have any issues with uploading videos or anything at all, get in touch with me and I would be very happy to solve these issues for you. If you do not get into contact with me before the deadline, I will assume that you are happy forfeiting this round and move on.

Jungle Rumble
Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

Fonix seems to have been a hit for families and thrill seekers. So I've gone with something similar here.

Due to the height limit I've added a launched lift hill. Also includes a station fly through.

Cool submission @RicketyCricket! Your ride has quite a few great pops of airtime, as well as some really fun inversions!

Eutopia. Runs 3 trains.

I must apologise once more for the poor video quality. I have no idea why they've been uploading so poor recently.

Video is in good quality for me (1080p), either
1. You checked the video before the HD version finished uploading
2. Your internet is slow (you can try a better quality version in settings but it may buffer)

Cool submission @Thameslink Rail! Your ride looks like great fun, with some brilliant inversions and airtime moments!
Eutopia. Runs 3 trains.

I must apologise once more for the poor video quality. I have no idea why they've been uploading so poor recently.

Great submission @Matt.GC! Your ride is really long for the space, with some awesome-looking airtime moments and excellent custom inversions!

Also, your video quality looks absolutely fine to me; I can’t speak for anyone else, of course, but I’ve certainly had no issues with the quality of your videos.

Week 13 Weekly Digest (28th January-3rd February 2023)
OK, everybody; Week 13 is now here! As per usual, I have 3 things to get through this week, so let's get straight to it!
Round 11 Results
After a week of voting, Round 11's results are now in! I can confirm that I got 7 responses in the Google Form, and the winners of Round 11 are as follows:
The leaderboard for Round 11 is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Connor982420
2@mo2372212
3@Matt.GC1620
4@Thameslink Rail1503
5@Matt N1410
6@RicketyCricket1210
7@Poisson201
8@Archermav000
9@Burbs000
10@immelmanloop000
11@JAperson000
12@MaxPower000
As such, the leaderboard for the overall contest so far is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Connor98164153
2@Matt.GC156131
3@Poisson128116
4@Matt N12890
5@RicketyCricket11876
6@Archermav118101
7@Thameslink Rail104317
8@Burbs4808
9@mo2372212
10@immelmanloop910
11@JAperson000
12@MaxPower000
Great round, everybody! Now let's move onto Round 12 voting...
Round 12 Voting
Our Round 12 submissions are ready and built. Therefore, the voting stage must now begin!

Please vote for your Round 12 favourites via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSewe1hivWALydJkWHHCwstHgHEbJrhW5hModJhfimc03bFukg/viewform

Let me just recap a few things about voting, if you need a reminder.
  • If you're not clear on how I'd like you to vote; please pick your top 5 track layouts and rank them in order of preference from #1 to #5. If you give a player a particular ranking, the points allocated are as follows; #1 ranking = 5pts, #2 ranking = 4pts, #3 ranking = 3pts, #4 ranking = 2pts, #5 ranking = 1pt.
  • You will also receive the opportunity to nominate a submission for Realism or Originality if you wish. Unlike last year, these nominations are not compulsory; you can award them if you wish, but you do not have to nominate anyone for Realism or Originality. Each Realism or Originality nomination a player gets will grant them 1 Realism point or 1 Originality point.
  • Please only fill out this form once. I have not mandated this within the form itself, but I'm trusting you all here.
  • Please do not vote for yourself. I know that there is no way I can mandate this, but I trust you not to. Please can I request that you only nominate submissions that are not your own.
  • Please judge submissions on track layout only. This is a coaster layout building contest; theming is pretty much irrelevant here.
  • I know that this form of voting is a lot more anonymous than the voting process was in the last contest. If you would like to add a slightly more personal touch, you can still post a comment in this thread indicating your top 5 choices, as well as any Realism or Originality nominations, like you did last year if you would like to. However, can I please request that the Google Form be your first port of call for voting; I will only count votes cast within the Google Form, as if you post in this thread, I wouldn't like to assume whether you've already voted in the Google Form or not. Post your choices in the thread by all means, but please make sure that you log your votes within the Google Form first, as the votes within the Google Form are the votes I'll be counting.
Here are the Round 12 submissions so that you know what you're voting for:

The Round 12 voting deadline is Friday 3rd February 2023 at 11:59pm.

Now that Round 12 voting is all cleared up, let's move onto the Round 13 reveal...
Round 13 Building
As our Round 12 submissions have been built, we need a new round to test our skills! As such, it's about time I revealed Round 13! The Round 13 brief is... New Thrill Coaster for Holiday Park! The context for this round is as follows:
In 2021, Plopsaland de Panne took the industry by storm when they opened The Ride to Happiness by Tomorrowland, an epic new spinning coaster. Fellow Plopsa park Holiday Park has decided that they want a piece of the action and signed the contract for a Tomorrowland coaster of their own, and they've hired none other than you to design it for them! The park have given you a modestly sized plot that used to house their former diving show, and they want an extreme thrill ride with edge to give The Ride to Happiness a run for its money. With Expedition GeForce tackling the non-inverting thrill coaster category impeccably, Holiday Park lacks inversions, so they want something loopy for this new coaster. But other than that, the sky's the limit! What Tomorrowland coaster will you build for Holiday Park?
The round constraints are as follows:
  • Maximum Footprint 203m*110m/666ft*361ft
  • Minimum Height 131ft/40m
  • Minimum Speed 55mph/89kph
  • Minimum of 3 Inversions
For some additional context, the area of Holiday Park we're building within is as follows (it's circled in black and labelled "Holiday Park"):
Holiday-Park-Plot.png

I would recommend using Scenario Editor to apply the footprint constraints if you are on PC. As per usual, I have created a Steam Workshop park with the constraints applied that I would be happy for you to download if you struggle to design a scenario yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2918437799

As for console users, I would recommend setting out the footprint constraints using wall pieces or path pieces to build yourself an "area" to work within. I know it's not ideal, but it's sadly the best I can offer given that neither Scenario Editor nor Steam Workshop are seemingly available on console... sorry for the inconvenience, folks.

As for how to determine your ride height, please use Terrain Relative height markers (the option denoted by the picture of a mountain).

As for what you need to do to submit; please build your submission, film a POV and off-ride shots, and post them in this thread. You can do a brief description of what your ride is if you wish. If you have any issues with uploading your video(s), please don't hesitate to PM me.

May I once again emphasise that this is a coaster layout building contest. By all means add some light theming and landscaping if you wish, but the coaster layout should ideally be the focus. Quality of coaster layout is pretty much the be all and end all here; heavy theming won't gain you any points, and no theming won't lose you any points.

The Round 13 submission deadline is Friday 3rd February 2023 at 11:59pm. If you struggle for time and would like me to extend the deadline, please PM me or request an extension in this thread before the deadline. I would be more than happy to facilitate an extension for you if you would like one. If you do not make contact with me and ask for an extension, I will assume that you are happy to forfeit this round and move on after the posted deadline.

So, that's everything for Week 13! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Good luck, everybody... get building for Round 13 and voting for Round 12, folks!

I now have a Round 13 submission ready! Say hello to... Delirium, an S&S 4th Dimension Coaster:
Delirium-Layout-Overview.png

The stats are as follows:
  • Name: Delirium
  • Manufacturer: S&S Worldwide
  • Model: 4th Dimension Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 150ft/46m
  • Speed: 63mph/101kph
  • Length: 3,383ft/1,031m
  • Inversions: 4
  • Airtime Moments: 4
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 4.8G (overall), 4.2G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -4.9G (overall), -4.1G (heatmap) (I have a feeling that this could be backwards or upside down positive g-force rather than airtime, what with it being a 4D coaster...)
  • Trains: 2 trains with 7 cars/28 riders
  • Throughput: 1,261pph (~45 trains per hour, 1 train every ~80s)
If you want to play with Delirium for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2924855060

So that's Delirium, my Round 13 submission! I apologise, as I know it's not my best submission, but I wanted to try something a bit different this week, and I really hope you like it!

So. Holiday Park needs capacity as well. Urgently. So much faff on the great EGF and the Premier horrid contraption frankly needs scrapping, so they have turned to B&M. Surfs up on some lava, welcome to my entry, Inferno. A B&M new gen standup coaster.

image.png

image.png

1680pph on 3 trains of 10 rows of 4, 84 second dispatch time. 6437ft long, 16 inversions, 103 mph.

So. Holiday Park needs capacity as well. Urgently. So much faff on the great EGF and the Premier horrid contraption frankly needs scrapping, so they have turned to B&M. Surfs up on some lava, welcome to my entry, Inferno. A B&M new gen standup coaster.

image.png

image.png

1680pph on 3 trains of 10 rows of 4, 84 second dispatch time. 6437ft long, 16 inversions, 103 mph.

Cool submission @Poisson! Your ride looks like great fun; the scale of it is absolutely obscene, and it has some really interesting inversions!