• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Transport from Nottingham to Alton Towers. HELP!

nffchay

TS Member
im looking at going alton towers next wednesday but i cant find a bus or a direct route to alton towers thats cheap :( can anyone help me in what bus to catch if there is one? i dont mind going to derby, birmingham or leicester to catch a bus to the park, thats if there is no busses in or around nottingham ofcourse. thankyou and sorry for poor english :)

Re: Transport from NOTTINGHAM to Alton Towers. HELP!!!

I would have suggested train to Uttoxeter and then a bus to Alton Towers (First 32A)

nffchay said:
im looking at going alton towers next wednesday but i cant find a bus or a direct route to alton towers thats cheap :( can anyone help me in what bus to catch if there is one? i dont mind going to derby, birmingham or leicester to catch a bus to the park, thats if there is no busses in or around nottingham ofcourse. thankyou and sorry for poor english :)

Why go next Wednesday when you can go a day later and ride The Smiler?

If your train is coming in at 9.08 then unfortunately you will have to wait until 10.43 until the next 32A bus to Alton Towers. You could try getting an earlier train to Uttoxeter to catch the 8.23 but sadly there are none inbetween.

As you have probably realised, the public transport network to Alton Towers is dire this year.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
nffchay said:

got free tickets ;)

nffchay said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
nffchay said:

got free tickets ;)

Oh...pot luck.

You could always catch a train to Stoke and get the 9.27 Alton Towers bus from there.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
nffchay said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
nffchay said:

got free tickets ;)

Oh...pot luck.

You could always catch a train to Stoke and get the 9.27 Alton Towers bus from there.

Tried that route but theres no trains from nottingham to stoke that can get there on time. unless leaving nottingham at 7am and i dont fancy that one. i can get to uttoxeter train station at around 09:05am or 10:05 am. is there a bus that comes around that time that goes to alton towers?

nffchay said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
nffchay said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
nffchay said:

got free tickets ;)

Oh...pot luck.

Tried that route but theres no trains from nottingham to stoke that can get there on time. unless leaving nottingham at 7am and i dont fancy that one. i can get to uttoxeter train station at around 09:05am or 10:05 am. is there a bus that comes around that time that goes to alton towers?

This site may help: http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/staffordshire_cheshire/

Believe there is one at 09:12

Re: Transport from NOTTINGHAM to Alton Towers. HELP!!!

nffchay said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
I would have suggested train to Uttoxeter and then a bus to Alton Towers (First 32A)

i was looking at that too. i can get a train that will arrive at Uttoxeter at 09:05am

http://www.buytickets.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

does the 32A run past Utoxeter train station around that time? and how much would it cost return for the 32A. thanks

The 32A from Uttoxeter towards Towers leaves at about 9:12 (I think that's the time). Costs around £5 for a return.

nffchay said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
nffchay said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
nffchay said:

got free tickets ;)

Oh...pot luck.

I would suggest you get the train which arrives at 10.05 and then wait until 10.43 until the 32A arrives. (I don't know where people are getting 9.12 from because there isn't one on the timetable).

And you call 7am early? I'll be leaving earlier than that to get to Alton Towers from Bristol next Thursday. :p

Yeah 7AM ain't early! I used to get the 05:27 train until AT stopped the buses.

Is this the bus stop to catch the bus from UTTOXETER to ALTON TOWERS?

please view http://postimg.org/image/k266u9ae9/

Is that the right bus stop for the 32A?

Also my train arrives at Uttoxeter train station at 09:05 and the bus from Uttoxeter station to alton towers leaves at 09:12. do u think i will make it ?

Re: Is this the bus stop to catch the bus from UTTOXETER to ALTON TOWERS?

Yes, that's the bus stop. There's only that one outside Uttoxeter station :)

Yes it is. The bus drops off here again when returning to Uttoxeter :)

Thanks so much guys. also i have 2 options either to arrive at Uttoxeter by train at 9:05am and hopefully make the bus which leaves at 9:12am, or arrive at Uttoxeter by train at 10:05am and get the bus at 10:42. which one is better do you guys think?

Well you spend less time sitting around in Uttoxeter waiting for the bus if you get the 9:12 one. It also means you get an extra hour on park ;)

I have used the train to Uttoxeter a few times (Urgh, Uttoxbox) and they usually get you there on time so go for the earlier one :)