• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tricks you have or want to played on GP at Alton

delta79

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis, Air
After a bit about what happens with lost General Public at Alton Towers. I thought it would be fun to see what jokes or tricks you played on them.

I single ride alot, so get to sit next to complete strangers.
Occasionally there are those that haven't rode before, I ask :p, at which point I go in to complete terrified mode,
Hanging on for dear life, white knuckles before we have even left the station,
Muttering that I don't know why I ride its the worst ride ever, its so so bad.
Some just look at me like Im a numpty, however some who looked quite calm when we got on are hanging on white knuckled by the top of the hill lift :D

While ago (Feb half term) whent with a friend, she asked if we should go on the smiler. I said "not sure if that rides safe... (lists smiler incidents) then said "let's go on nemesis instead. It's almost 20 years older, you feet dangle below the track, and its the world's most intense ride experience (because it says so on the gate)" she was terrified.

Also, we were on air when it broke down in the station (not the same day) and after we'd "assumed the position" it broke, and we were left stranded face down for 20 minutes. Not comfy. Anyway, my dad (Sat next to me) decided it would be a good idea to frighten the people next to us (who we'd never met) we said "imagine if the restraints were released. We'd faceplant the floor."

I single ride alot, so get to sit next to complete strangers.
Occasionally there are those that haven't rode before, I ask :p, at which point I go in to complete terrified mode,
Hanging on for dear life, white knuckles before we have even left the station,
Muttering that I don't know why I ride its the worst ride ever, its so so bad.
Some just look at me like Im a numpty, however some who looked quite calm when we got on are hanging on white knuckled by the top of the hill lift :D
I go in the single rider queues as well even if I'm with people. I love it when you get new riders I do exactly the same, especially on the smiler and nemesis. Once had to reassure a woman on 13 though as she was nearly in tears as her two daughters dragged her on it :D

During the extensive time period small number of days the ruins are open, I quite enjoy leading first time Hex riders on a wild tour of the Towers away from the exit, playing a game of seeing how far I can lead them. I quite successfully managed to lead a small family all the way up to the roof back in April.

Some members who were active on TTF in 2006/2007 may remember a certain prank with the phone booth outside Rita's Chicken & Ribs Woodcutters.