• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Well that did not last long. It is a big shame, because Strasbourg to Europa-Park transfers are far cheaper than Baden Baden or Basel!

:(

Hi guys,

I've just booked our first trip to EP for June. We're flying Manchester to Basel, but reading through the thread we're really struggling on the best way to get from the airport to EP. A lot of the links we've tried for shuttles seem either extortionate or don't work. I'm open to any option - train, shuttle, car hire etc, but looking for the best balance really between price and convenience.

Does anyone have any views/tips on what to do?

It's doable by public transport. There's a shuttle bus from the airport to the station, then it's a couple of trains to Ringsheim. Takes a couple of hours if I remember rightly.

Is there any general advice against staying in Freiburg? The onsite hotels effectively have no Saturday availability for most of the season and I think this is a reasonable alternative (about 25 mins away by train, and an interesting city to visit!). The DB Kombiticket is available, but offers very little saving over purchasing tickets separately.

Hi, I'm visiting Europa Park at the end of may with some friends.

I'm planning to visit for three days. For two of these, I have park tickets (which I won in a competition last year) but was wondering what the best thing to do for the third day was?

Should I just buy another day ticket or opt for a pass as I'm considering returning maybe at the end of the year?

Hi, I'm visiting Europa Park at the end of may with some friends.

I'm planning to visit for three days. For two of these, I have park tickets (which I won in a competition last year) but was wondering what the best thing to do for the third day was?

Should I just buy another day ticket or opt for a pass as I'm considering returning maybe at the end of the year?
If you've already got 2 park tickets sorted, I would say just buy a ticket on your 3rd day. They're around €44. How many days are you planning on having on-park at the end of the year? :)

Was thinking maybe for Halloween or Christmas event, probably just a two day trip if it even happens.

I am hoping to do Phantasia around September time though do not sure where that places it there.

Was thinking maybe for Halloween or Christmas event, probably just a two day trip if it even happens.

I am hoping to do Phantasia around September time though do not sure where that places it there.
With an EP annual pass you will also get 1 free entry to Phantasialand. However, if you're only planning on 2 days, it works out cheaper to just buy the tickets. I got a 3 day park ticket back in March last year which cost €114. EP annual passes are €175 and Phantasialand ones are €185, IIRC.

:)

I thought I'd read somewhere that they'd stopped the free entry to Phantasialand with an EP pass!

I thought I'd read somewhere that they'd stopped the free entry to Phantasialand with an EP pass!
It was reported, because it had been removed from the EP website that a free entry to Phantasialand was included with an annual pass, but shortly after it was re-added to the site, so nothing actually changed. :)

I'm doing my first ever trip to Europa Park over Easter weekend this year, so I've got a few questions. I've already booked accommodation and booked the tickets but, as it's my first time, I've got quite a few queries! I'm going with another person but no young children so the main priorities are coasters and dark rides (and water rides if the weather is nice!).

1. Where would you suggest starting off at the beginning of the day? I'm not staying on resort if that changes anything.
2. How busy will it be approximately? Based off Easter in previous years.
3. What are the best non-coasters on park?
4. How does the VR work? In terms of renting the headset, paying it, things like that. EDIT: also how does the VR voucher work? I couldn't really get a good response of the Twitter team.
5. Will most people speak English or should I learn some basic German?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm doing my first ever trip to Europa Park over Easter weekend this year, so I've got a few questions. I've already booked accommodation and booked the tickets but, as it's my first time, I've got quite a few queries! I'm going with another person but no young children so the main priorities are coasters and dark rides (and water rides if the weather is nice!).

1. Where would you suggest starting off at the beginning of the day? I'm not staying on resort if that changes anything.
4. How does the VR work? In terms of renting the headset, paying it, things like that.

Thanks in advance!
1. You will probably end up starting at Eurosat. I gave up with the park map when I first went last year, and it's the first major attraction you come across. If it's looking busy, I would suggest the Swiss area of the park (Schweiser Bob Bored Barnes and Matterhorn Blitz) as these are the 2 lowest throughput rides on-park, and arguably the least interesting/thrilling.

2. I went during the easter holidays last year, and the place was dead. Without even trying, I averaged 40 rides each day, and I was on park for 3 days. This could, however, have been down to the poor weather forecast, as it did rain for 90% of the time I was there. Easter weekend I would expect to be busier as people will be off work etc, so maybe expect queue times of up to 30-45 mins. @AstroDan can probably give you a better idea of queue times.

3. My personal favourite non-coasters are Geisterschloß, Volo Da Vinci (Italy), Euro Tower (France), Abenteuer Atlantis (Greece), Piraten in Batavia (Holland), Fjord Rafting (Scandinavia), Tiroler Wildwasserbahn (Austria), and of course, BENCH: The Ride/Schlittenfahrt Schneeflöckchen (Russia).

4. Sorry, I've not experienced VR at EP yet so can't really answer that one.

5. Most staff know multiple languages, and each staff member has a name badge with the languages they speak on it. A lot speak English and it was rare to come across someone who only spoke German. Of course, it would be wise to learn the basics (please, thank you, etc).

If you would like any other info/advice, feel free to drop me a PM, or even if you'd like to know some basic phrases as I can speak some German.

:)

4. How does the VR work? In terms of renting the headset, paying it, things like that. EDIT: also how does the VR voucher work? I couldn't really get a good response of the Twitter team.

Tom has given some good advice, but here are my thoughts too!

1. As you will be going in via the main entrance, it really depends on the time. If you are at the top of the main entrance street (Deutsch Allee) for the "rope drop" equivalent (as in, when the large gate opens to let guests into the rest of the park) at 9:00am, then the park is your oyster. Nothing will really have a queue at that moment, although hotel guests entering at the rear tend to go straight to Arthur, and they will beat you. So best avoid that - in fact, Arthur is a good one done later in the day - possibly just before ride close! Typically good choices include Silver Star first thing (you will need to walk briskly). Avoid Eurosat. Matterhorn Blitz and Schweizer Bob Bahn are also good calls, as neither are really that good and both get queues longer than the rides merit.

2. Easter Weekend is a medium time of year. Expect the park to close at 7 or 7.30pm with queues no more than 45/60 minutes for Wodan and Arthur. Most rides will have very short queues.

3. The best non coasters would have to be Fjord Rafting, Piraten in Batavia, Geisterschloss and Tyrol Log Flume. For me, anyway. Volo da Vinci is nice for a break and the Panorama Railway that goes right around the park is essential.

4. For VR, Alpenexpress - there is a machine at the ride. Go there, by your ticket. Return at the time stated. It is cheap.

5. Most staff know basic English. Some staff know very good English.

:D

Thank you for the quick responses. Just curious about this, how big do Blue Fire and Silver Star's queues get usually? I know both are very efficient and Europa Park operate them well but these are what I personally expect are the rides I'll be reriding multiple times, so it'd be useful to know.

ALL PRICES HAVE BEEN FULLY UPDATED FOR 2016.

B&B prices have increased by €1 (80p) per person per night compared to 2015.
Park (adult) entry tickets have increased by €2 (£1.60) per person compared to 2015.

Thank you for the quick responses. Just curious how big do Blue Fire and Silver Star's queues get usually? I know both are very efficient and Europa Park operate them well but these are what I personally expect are the rides I'll be reriding multiple times, so it'd be useful to know.
Blue Fire for me averaged 10-15 minute queues, Silverstar was much longer, as they were operating one train services at times. I know they like to have at least a 5 minute queue on Silverstar, not sure why though.

Thank you for the quick responses. Just curious about this, how big do Blue Fire and Silver Star's queues get usually? I know both are very efficient and Europa Park operate them well but these are what I personally expect are the rides I'll be reriding multiple times, so it'd be useful to know.

Both have very high capacities. Silver Star never usually gets longer than 40 minutes. Blue Fire can get longer, but at this time of year it's not likely to be more than 45.