• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Out of interest, do EP’s room rates include park tickets?

We haven’t booked anything yet (Omicron and Germany travel ban still making things a bit uncertain), but I was only curious because the website doesn’t say anything in either direction.

I know Alton Towers’ room rates don’t include park tickets, so I’m leaning towards no, but I just thought I should get clarification before we rush into booking anything.

Out of interest, do EP’s room rates include park tickets?

We haven’t booked anything yet (Omicron and Germany travel ban still making things a bit uncertain), but I was only curious because the website doesn’t say anything in either direction.

I know Alton Towers’ room rates don’t include park tickets, so I’m leaning towards no, but I just thought I should get clarification before we rush into booking anything.

No - room rates are B&B. However:
  • Multi-Day tickets for the theme park are slightly discounted for hotel guests, and whilst day visitors have peak/off-peak prices, hotel guests always pay the off-peak rate no matter the time of year
  • Early Ride Time for hotel guests is offered, with gates oficially opening at 8.30am but in practise they open between 8.15 and 8.25am depending on visitation. Rulantica is also open early for hotel guests, although if you are planning to stay right through until close (for the amazing night time ambience!), you will probably prefer a lie-in rather than getting in at 9am as you simply won't require 13 hours in there!!

Does anyone know whether if you book a ticket package with a cancellable hotel stay at EP, are the tickets cancellable too?

Does anyone know whether if you book a ticket package with a cancellable hotel stay at EP, are the tickets cancellable too?
I'm not 100% on this one, but I think they are. Don't quote me on that, though; I'd check the T&C's on the website if you're unsure.

I don't know however I would assume that if it were part of one package it would all have to be flexible? I think it would be a bit sneaky to make the hotel stay flexible and the tickets not.

The package we booked for 2020 included hotel and tickets, and we got both refunded, initially as a voucher (At my choice) and then as a cash refund when we had to cancel our 2021 plans.

If in doubt, send the reservation team an email and see what they say. They have always been prompt and quick to respond when I have emailed in the past.

Unless they have recently changed things, yes. I did this in 2020 and 2021. Both were hotel reservations that included park tickets and Rulantica tickets and I cancelled both without any issues.

Hi guys - How busy does the park get during German Whitsun holidays? this year in many regions that is 7th -18th June!

Weirdly the resort hotels are actually coming up CHEAPER during that time as apposed to the weeks before and after - despite other dates being marked as having the 20% off etc.

if it's 'comfortably busy' then I might go for those dates ...I usually always try and avoid school holidays, but I know most people say Europa absorbs people well in any case. But just wonder if anyone has any notes on this?

Thanks

Hi guys - How busy does the park get during German Whitsun holidays? this year in many regions that is 7th -18th June!

Weirdly the resort hotels are actually coming up CHEAPER during that time as apposed to the weeks before and after - despite other dates being marked as having the 20% off etc.

if it's 'comfortably busy' then I might go for those dates ...I usually always try and avoid school holidays, but I know most people say Europa absorbs people well in any case. But just wonder if anyone has any notes on this?

Thanks

The UK half term is not an issue, as it falls prior to the holidays abroad. If the 20% offer is on, you can use that as indication for the park not expecting bumper crowds.

Sometimes, though, there is a "bridging" day that takes place early June - this can be tacked on to a single bank holiday. This day specifically can get very busy - you'll need to Google to check for any 2022 date.

The UK half term is not an issue, as it falls prior to the holidays abroad. If the 20% offer is on, you can use that as indication for the park not expecting bumper crowds.

Sometimes, though, there is a "bridging" day that takes place early June - this can be tacked on to a single bank holiday. This day specifically can get very busy - you'll need to Google to check for any 2022 date.

Thanks - no I wasn't bothered by UK half term, just the German holidays (I also checked French holidays too).

But I was saying is what I found strange i that I checked a multitude of different dates and found that some 'non 20%' off dates where CHEAPER than the dates marked as being 20%... notable the dates of the Whitsun holidays 7th June onwards - seemed fairly cheap and no more expense if not marginally cheaper than 'reduced' days.

That is likely to just be room availability.

Europa-Park operate flat rates for hotel rooms, it's not supply and demand - offering the 20% discount on off-peak dates only. Generally, if a specific date seems dearer, it's more likely down to the most basic room option being depleted.

Don’t ever go on ascension day and the following “bridging” Friday. I made that mistake once and never again.

That is likely to just be room availability.

Europa-Park operate flat rates for hotel rooms, it's not supply and demand - offering the 20% discount on off-peak dates only. Generally, if a specific date seems dearer, it's more likely down to the most basic room option being depleted.

is the 20% discount only applied at checkout or will it display moderated price on normal search - cos im not seeing much discount on the discount days compared to non-discount days!

I looked into 'public' holidays inc bridging days so thanks for the heads-up - so will avoid those ascension days, Whitsun and Corpus Christi.
I had only looked onto 'German school holidays' previously...... any idea how busy school holidays outside main public holidays would be? do a lot of Adults take holidays at same time as their kids? or would there be lots of school trips (or do school trips tend to happen in term).

The 20% will be shown on search results.

School holidays, weekdays particularly, generally are just "medium" at the park.

Thanks for folks help..... and just to confirm are they still upholding the to 3 days prior cancellation policy.... reason being my friend doesn't know when his requested holiday will be.... so I might book 2 sets - and just cancel one.... as rooms are going pretty quick for both sets of dates we want.