• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Even in those 40 minute queues you don't really stand still for very long, so it doesn't feel that long

I'm thinking of taking my first trip to EP this year, I'm thinking September time, is that a good time to visit? Can be mid week if that'll help with crowds.

Might fly out Saturday and do Holiday Park and or Tripsdrill too... anyone done that before?

I'm no expert, but I believe German school holidays are pretty close to ours, so midweek in September is a safe bet for almost all parks.

If you can sweeze in HP or Tripsdrill, they are both good medium size parks and I'd recomend them both. I'll refrain from suggesting one over the other as they are aimed at different markets, with HP being the more thrill based of the two.

Doing Europa for the first time at the end of May for three days (Saturday 28th, Sunday 29th and Monday 30th).

For someone who's never been, what advice would everyone give in regards to making the most of my trip and what's the best things to do st the start and end of park days?

Your opening hours are 8pm (28th), 7.30pm (29th), 6pm (30th) with extensions on the day if it's busier than they expected. Based on those, you will find the weekends medium/busy and the Monday, much quieter indeed.

Do a couple of shows on the weekend days - and you should find ride queues are shortest on Monday.

Best rides to start with are the likes of Pegasus and Poseidon if you think it's going to be a hot day. Poseidon gets very busy in the afternoon in warm weather. Otherwise, Matterhorn Blitz and Schweizer Bob Bahn are probably the worst two coasters versus how long their queues get - and are always empty until about 9.30am as most people go to Silver Star and Eurosat at 9am.

Of course, if you are at the German Alley for the opening of the full park at 9am (rope drop equivalent) then Silver Star can be a great start to the day. Head immediately right at the top of the street and head into Italy. Use the cut through to the right of Geisterschloss in the right hand corner of the Italian area. Follow the alleyway round, and you'll end up just by Silver Star!

End your day at Wodan or Blue Fire.

:)

Heading to Europa Park for the first time this weekend for a couple of days. Up until this weekend I hadn't really given too much thought on what to do when I reached the park other than the main coasters but after speaking to a few people at the Towers meet this weekend (sorry completely useless with names so can't remember who it was) now want to make sure I take in a few shows/walk through attractions as well.

Only there for 2 days so not going to manage to see everything but what are the must see shows if I can only fit a few in?

Are there showings in things like the 4D cinema in English. My German is no where near good enough to follow conversations on screen

Heading to Europa Park for the first time this weekend for a couple of days. Up until this weekend I hadn't really given too much thought on what to do when I reached the park other than the main coasters but after speaking to a few people at the Towers meet this weekend (sorry completely useless with names so can't remember who it was) now want to make sure I take in a few shows/walk through attractions as well.

Only there for 2 days so not going to manage to see everything but what are the must see shows if I can only fit a few in?

Are there showings in things like the 4D cinema in English. My German is no where near good enough to follow conversations on screen

Essential non-ride attractions at Europa-Park:

• The Time Carousel (in the Magic Cinema 4D) - it's in German but you'll understand! Lots of geeky references!
  • Surpr'Ice and the Gods of Greece (in Greece)
  • Cinema Italiano (in the Teatro dell'Arte, Italy)
  • Diamond Mine walkthrough (opposite the exit of Alpenexpress)
  • Iceland Museum (opposite Fallegur shop in Iceland - offers Blue Fire dark ride/launch indoor viewing)
  • Schloss Balthasar and Gardens (in Germany)
Those are the main ones - don't forget to tour the hotels at night, too!

:D

You forgot about the "Return of the Black Knight" show in spain dan. ;-)

Don't go for the new 4D cinema movie "Happy Family", its mostly in german so you wont get it + I found it quite bad.
From all the shows above, the Ice show "Surpr'Ice with the gods of Greece" is my favorite. Sinema Italiano is also really good. "Return of the Black Knight" is a quality show with horses, great for a first visit, but I'm a bit bored as it is every year nearly the same. :)

Oh and dont worry, even if the park is busy, you'll have time to do everything in 2 days. Enjoy your trip!

Hi I am looking for a bit of advice. My son is flying into Basel airport on Sat 2nd of April at around 9.30am. There will be 3 of them. What is the best way for them to get from there to Europa park? They won't have any Swiss francs. Can you buy a ticket that will include the bus from the airport to the train station using a credit card? I have been looking but I am getting really confused as what is the best thing to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the recommendations :), will try to get to as many as I can.

Really excited about going now can't wait to get there!!

Hi I am looking for a bit of advice. My son is flying into Basel airport on Sat 2nd of April at around 9.30am. There will be 3 of them. What is the best way for them to get from there to Europa park? They won't have any Swiss francs. Can you buy a ticket that will include the bus from the airport to the train station using a credit card? I have been looking but I am getting really confused as what is the best thing to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure about buying a ticket with a card, Surely Dan will be more able answer this, as I normally drive to the park or take the train from Strasbourg. But I can tell you that train would be the best and cheapest way to get to the park. Also in swiss, and paritculary Basel, you can easily pay in Euros, but the cash you'll get back will be in francs, and the change rate will of course be bad.
They are direct trains to Freiburg (and then transfer to ringsheim) and even Ringsheim from Basel Badische Bahnhof, and from Ringsheim they'll have to take the bus shuttle to EP, that normally starts about 5 to 10 minutes after the trains stop. Just have a look on the Deustche Bahn Website on that link. You can search train from Basel Flughafen (airport) straigh to Europa Park, and it will tell you the times and changes

Thank you Pedro. What confuses me is if I go from Basel SBB it is €57 for three people to Rust. If I put in from Basel airport it jumps up by €50 it surely cannot be €50 for a bus journey? If euros are not a problem in Basel then that helps. It is not worth getting Swiss francs just for a bus journey. Does anyone know how much it Costa to get the shuttle car service for 3 people to Europark also?

The bus (no. 50) runs frequently from Basel airport to Basel SBB station. From Basel SBB, book your train at www.bahn.co.uk with destination as Europa-Park Rust. When you arrive at Ringsheim station, there is a shuttle bus directly to the park and hotels.

That's great. One last question. Can you buy the ticket on bus no 50 and pay with euros? Or is there a ticket machine in the airport where you pre buy? Sorry to ask so many questions. I am going as well but don't fly so going via Eurostar the day before. The information you guys give on here is great so thank you.

To my knowledge, the 50 is a Swiss service and must be paid in Swiss francs. I suggest you change enough pounds for 10 Swiss francs per person before you travel, then you will have no problem.

Private shuttle costs around €100 for up to 4 people. This however, is much quicker and times to your own needs.