• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Hi, we are looking to visit the park in August, somewhere between the 7th and the 31st. I am expecting it to be pretty busy, but out of these times, when would be best to go? I believe the German schools go back 2 weeks before ours, would it be quieter then? Thank you for any help

Provided you are there for several days (which is the least the park deserves), It shouldn't be a problem. With the exception of Halloween week, EP handles crowds like no other park.
I'd be more worried about the heat than how busy it is.

[Please note, there are many other members with better knowledge of the park than me, so I may be wrong ;) ]

Last edited:
I can't speak directly for August but based on the fact that the week running up to halloween is one of the busiest for the park, you shouldn't have a problem.

I say this as I often visit the week running up to Halloween and have never found it a major issue, the longest queue I ever encountered was Wodan on a 60min queue and that was the year that it opened.

Have you been before? You will be shocked at how quickly the queues move and although the times posted seem like a long time, when you're in the queue it flies by. I reckon that in August you'd be able to get most things done over 3 days easily.

Hi, Thank you for your swift replies!

Yes, we have been before, for just 1 day, for the Halloween Fest, and it was a nightmare! This time we are going for 2 days, I wish we could do more! We are an army family and have lived in Germany for several years, so we are pretty used to the heat, although this year seems to be much cooler. We missed out on so much last year, we can't wait to go again!

Ah, well if you've already seen the Halloween crowds, you should have no problems then. ;)

And lucky you, being used to the heat. It always amazes me how hot Germany can get. Last year's Düssledorf Kermis was absolute hell, hitting 39'C! Next year I think I will attempt to hibernate through the summer. In an ice cave. Cuddling a polar bear.

When I went in September with @Vik we got it from on the train platform. It was Vik who found it as he went over to the quieter platform due to queues but I remember him saying it was buried in there and just found it in the end.

A question from me, do Europa-Park still allow you the last hour on park for free the day you arrive for your stay?

Not sure about the airport, but there is one out the front of Strasbourg station, in the "giant glass bubble" extention. It's on the right hand side of the bubble if you are facing the old station building / behind you on the left if you are facing out towards the square. I can't remember what colour it is off the top of my head (yellow or blue?), but it's noticably a different type of machine to the standard ones.

Obviously this doesn't help you at the airport, but thought I'd add it anyway. :p

It must only be on that other platform as we never went over that side.

I can't really remember now, just that it was a pain to find! :p

Is anyone able to confirm which rides are included in ERT for September, I can't seem to find anything?

EDIT: @Tom.B it's okay, nobody noticed ;)

Last edited:
Hello all!

I'm planning my third visit to Europa Park next year - it'll be my first as an adult though, having been lucky enough to visit in the late 70s / early 80s!

We'll be staying with some relatives near Mulhouse for a week in spring 2016 and ideally want to visit the park on the 29th and 30th of March. Now I realise looking at the opening times for 2015 that it's likely that the park will have just reopened for the summer season. Will it be exceptionally busy for those days?

I'd like to book a hotel for the night of the 29th too, but when I try on the EP website it doesn't show any availability. Is this because the park will be rammed because it's just opened or is it because I'm looking too early and they haven't released the room bookings yet?

Thanks in advance!

C.

Hi @Chrissyboy, and welcome to TowersStreet/EuropaStreet!

I would assume that the reason you can't book hotels online yet is because it's too far in advance. I visited EP this year from the 31st of March to the 2nd of April, and the park was extremely quiet. No extended openings, not rushing around, and got 118 rides in over those 3 days.

Obviously if you're looking to go on a weekend, then the park will be busier than mid week, but it still shouldn't be busy at all.

:)

Thanks for the quick reply Tom! Just reading your review now, I'm assuming that I'll notice one or two changes since my last visit in (ahem) 1982 :)

Thanks for the quick reply Tom! Just reading your review now, I'm assuming that I'll notice one or two changes since my last visit in (ahem) 1982 :)
Yes I would imagine so!

That reminds me, I really need to get that review finished soon!

OK, if anyone's in the same boat as me (wanting to book a hotel room sometime next year), I fired off a quick email to the resort email address and got the following reply -

"Thank your for your interest in the Europa Park Hotels.
Booking for 2016 will be available in October."

Great thread, very useful - thanks.

I'm thinking about heading over next year for the first time with my wife and daughter (7 years old). We'll probably go for a week and stay at one of the EP hotels. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other local activities (within walking distance or a short taxi ride) that might take up a few days out of the park?

Thanks in advance.

Great thread, very useful - thanks.

I'm thinking about heading over next year for the first time with my wife and daughter (7 years old). We'll probably go for a week and stay at one of the EP hotels. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other local activities (within walking distance or a short taxi ride) that might take up a few days out of the park?

Thanks in advance.

There are other activities, although you would need to use public transport. The website www.bahn.co.uk is very useful. Input your departure as Europa-Park Hotel Resort and your destination as wished. Public transport is very good value and convenient.

Strasbourg (France) is probably your best bet. A beautiful city, the seat of the European Court of Human Rights, Council of Europe and European Parliament. It has an amazing cathedral, canal quarter and great shops. A family can travel between EP and Strasbourg (and back again) for around €13 (£10)...

Freiburg is also nearby and is worth a visit. Lovely, German town. Lots of historic buildings. The Shauinsland Cable Car travels up the mountain with stunning views

A short taxi ride will take you to Happy World, a fun, simple park around 4 miles away from EP.
http://www.funny-world.de/

Just a quick heads-up - it appears that Ryanair are no longer offering flights on the Stansted-Strasbourg route, and easyJet will be ending flights on the Gatwick-Strasbourg route on 21st March this year.