• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Hi, I'm going next month, flying to Basel airport, then planning on getting to Basel Badisher Banhof either by bus (stop outside the airport) or train from St Louis station, then purchasing a Baden Wuttenburg Card which is 28 euros for 2 adults and 2 kids. This allows 1 day free train and bus travel (Dbahn buses only) in the Baden Wuttenburg area. Basel to Freiburg, then change for Ringsheim, then bus to Rust. Hope that's correct!

Same journey on the way back.

Shuttle from Basel is 99 euros each way? Too much for me!

We didn't book in advance and it cost us about 35 Euros return from St Louis to Strasbourg. We then purchased a German zone travel card valid for trains and busses for a very cheap 5 Euros each.

Just a quick heads up for anybody not familiar with visiting in winter season regarding ride availability. This information is based on experience.

The following rides are definitely closed in winter season:
  • Poseidon
  • Fjord Rafting
  • Atlantica Super Splash
  • Silver Star
  • Tirol Log Flume
The following ride opens on weekends and school holiday periods if the temperature is over 5C:
  • Blue Fire

All other rides should open, although if it is below freezing (0C), some rides may struggle to open. If there is snowfall, the park does usually remain open (unless weather is severe). The following rides are most likely to be affected by colder/poorer weather:
  • Arthur
  • Wodan
  • Alpenexpress
  • Schweizer Bob Bahn
Please note that Blue Fire is not advertised as open at any stage as the temperature is often not above 5C and the park do not want guests to feel disappointed.

I'm looking at heading out to Europa in August next year, from a Sunday to the following Wednesday, due to when flights are to Strasbourg with Ryanair. When is the best time to think about booking this? Thanks in advance.

I'm looking at heading out to Europa in August next year, from a Sunday to the following Wednesday, due to when flights are to Strasbourg with Ryanair. When is the best time to think about booking this? Thanks in advance.

Book flights by Easter.

Book accommodation in the new year.

:)

We're in Rust now, looking forward to two days (and two nights) on the park from tomorrow.

Train from Euro Airport was a no go, St Louis station is too far to walk, and St Louis La Chausee, I couldn't get to as it's across a motorway! So did the 50 bus (right outside the Swiss exit) to Basel SBB then tram to Badisher Bahnhof, it was 15CHF for 2 adults 2 kids.

Baden Wurttemberg ticket is available from the machine at Badisher Bahnhof, 23 euro for 1 adult, 28 Euro for 2 adults (1 kid free per adult). After 6pm it's cheaper still (20 euro for 1 adult).

Train to Offenburg stopped at Ringsheim and there is a bus to Europa Park about every 45 mins. BW ticket includes this so you could get your return one before you leave Ringsheim station (or do it online) so you can use it on the bus back (or buy from the bus driver).

Hope this info helps! Dave

Last edited:
There is a bus from the airport to St. Louis station

At least, there was!?

OK, thanks for the info, I've updated my post to show that the bus driver sells the ticket as well.

There may still be a bus to St Louis, sorry didn't notice. We were happy just to get into Basel by whatever means!

So I understand the EP Clubcard gets you 40% discount to Plopsa Parks. Am I right to say this now includes Holiday World and does anyone know if there's anything specific I need to do to obtain the discount?

So I understand the EP Clubcard gets you 40% discount to Plopsa Parks. Am I right to say this now includes Holiday World and does anyone know if there's anything specific I need to do to obtain the discount?

I assume you mean Holiday Park in Germany and not Holiday World over in the USA? :p

But yes, Holiday Park is indeed part of the Plopsa group so you can get discount there. I believe all you would need to do is show your EP Clubcard at the ticket booths to revcieve the discount.

:)

I'm ashamed to say it, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to europa park :(

Though hopefully, this will soon change. My parents are suggesting a trip to Europe in the near future. With a maximum budget of around £1000 (give or take a little), we're thinking of doing DLP/studios, europa, and possibly another park. As I'm completely new to this, can anyone help me out with the following questions?
  • When would be the best time of year to go (considering that my brother and I will not be able to miss school)?
  • How many days should I spend at each park?
  • What should the other park be, or should I just look around germany/France?
  • What is the best way to travel?

When would be the best time of year to go (considering that my brother and I will not be able to miss school)?
I went during the Easter school holidays in 2015 and the park was absolutely dead. Longest queue over the 3 days was 20 minutes for Arthur, with the other major rides getting no more than a 10 minute queue. I would recommend at least 3 days at Europa-Park though.

I went August 2015, spending two days there which was nice but could of easily spent another day or two there, ride queues peaked at 50mins to 1 hour from what I remember with most of the coasters having at least 20 mins queues which really wasn't bad considering how busy the park was peak summer. In the two days we did manage all the main rides (except super splash due to the weather turning bad on the second days afternoon) and several shows and re-rides without feeling too rushed. Park hours were extended on both days.

I haven't been but the nearby parks of note seem to be Tripsdrill (which looks great!) and holiday park ( known for having expedition GeForce).

Good luck and I hope your trip comes together.

I would avoid the peak of summer if I were you. Not only is it VERY crowded, but the heat is unbearable unless you are a lizard. Easter is a good time of year to visit if you are limited to school holidays.

May half term is the only UK holiday period which does not match any that affects Europa-Park.

It's a great choice for a quieter trip.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry this has probably been asked before but am I right in thinking there is a 3 day ticket for Europa? And does anyone know how much it costs?

There is a 3-day ticket for Europa-Park.

Prices for hotel guests are €112 (£92) .Prices for those not staying in a resort hotel are slightly more (probably €120ish (£98ish).

Sorry this has probably been asked before but am I right in thinking there is a 3 day ticket for Europa? And does anyone know how much it costs?
Yes, as Dan says, but you can only purchase the from the ticket booths, and they don't explicitly advertise them, IIRC. :)