• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

When we went in May last year, we must have paid about 200€ per car for fuel and about 120€ per car for camping in our own tents. Staying in the permanent accommodatiom will increase the price as you have to pay for parking too.

At least, this is what I can remember. @Cheese or @AstroDan may be able to jog my memory.

And the tolls are pretty hefty too. If you go the toll free way how much time does it add to your journey?

Tolls are around €40 each way from Calais, BUT I cannot stress how much quieter, easier and generally safer the drive through the French autoroute system is. Instead of a multitude of different roads, from Calais to EP it is literally 2 motorways... The A26 and the A4. Then just a short hop into Germany...

The French autoroutes have less traffic and therefore less jams than the roads through Belgium and Germany.

Worth it.

When we went in December the tolls were well in excess of €60 each way. Indeed, the combined cost of Eurotunnel, fuel and tolls has been enough to make me seriously think that a flight over may well be cheaper.

There is a medium option, which involves going through Belgium and joining the French A4 at Metz.

This brings tolls down to around €14 each way.

Taking a flight though - and you wouldn't be able to bring a tent really...

:)

I really want to do Europa park, but i'm on an extremely tight budget, is there a cut price way of doing it?
Ignore all the recent restaurant reviews and buy all your food from the local Lidl! That’s what we did apart from one night at the Saloon.

When we camped last year, we did only 1 night in the resort hotels. The other nights we ate at the Cantina Amigo, which is very cheap (next door to Silver Lake) and had beers there.

When we camped last year, we did only 1 night in the resort hotels. The other nights we ate at the Cantina Amigo, which is very cheap (next door to Silver Lake) and had beers there.

Didn't we do Silver Lake, Cantina, La Romantica and Castillo?

Evening Folks,

Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions. I've been having a mare all day in regards to my travel from Frankfurt Airport to Europa. All of the reviews I've read for the rental operators at the airport are ridiculously bad, hidden charges left right and centre, being done for damage that wasn't there. Thus far the cheapest option I've found is £250 with full cover. So I've reverted to looking at trains - For 2 of us, return from Frankfurt to Ringsheim its 200euros - 2.5 hour journey each way with one stop. Is that obscenely priced, or usual? Is it easy enough to get a taxi from Ringsheim station to EP? I'm thinking this is going to be easier and less stressful than driving?

Evening Folks,

Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions. I've been having a mare all day in regards to my travel from Frankfurt Airport to Europa. All of the reviews I've read for the rental operators at the airport are ridiculously bad, hidden charges left right and centre, being done for damage that wasn't there. Thus far the cheapest option I've found is £250 with full cover. So I've reverted to looking at trains - For 2 of us, return from Frankfurt to Ringsheim its 200euros - 2.5 hour journey each way with one stop. Is that obscenely priced, or usual? Is it easy enough to get a taxi from Ringsheim station to EP? I'm thinking this is going to be easier and less stressful than driving?

Hey Sam-wise,

I have no idea about the public transport but I wouldn't be too put off with the reviews. Barely anyone leaves a good review and anyone with a bad experience always leaves a bad review.

I've used Argus hire twice in 2 different German airports without issue. I would fully recommend filming around the car with your phone and taking pictures before leaving out of the car park. I would also recommend taking excess insurance here and decline paying at the desk for full cover. With excess insurance you still have to pay the excess with the car hire firm but when you get home you can claim it back via the insurance. It should be a bout £20 for a single trip or £40 for annual cover.

Argus have this deal

I found it using this link.

https://www.skyscanner.net/carhire/results/95673652/95673652/2018-05-13T09:00/2018-05-18T18:00/30/#/

Where possible I always try to use Europcar as I have always had a good experience with them and they always seem to have an open desk at every airport.

Apologies if that is something you have you already looked at or if you already knew the above.

Have a great trip :)

I believe they time up the bus service with the train times so all going well a shuttle bus should only be minutes away from you arriving, except when arriving sundays due to the restricted schedule.

Sorry for the double post:

Is the E.P. Express exclusive to hotel guests after park close?

Wanting to get from Camp Resort for food then go to the hotels for drinks but am staying at an apartment in Rust and wasn't sure if it was exclusive or not once the park has closed.

Sorry for the double post:

Is the E.P. Express exclusive to hotel guests after park close?

Wanting to get from Camp Resort for food then go to the hotels for drinks but am staying at an apartment in Rust and wasn't sure if it was exclusive or not once the park has closed.
If you tell them through the intercom that you are going for a meal it is fine. We said we were going to watch Imperio and it was fine. If they really want to know that you’re staying, just say you are stopping at the camp resort and it will be fine.

I think it’s mainly just to stop people from getting from one side of Rust to the other. :)

If you tell them through the intercom that you are going for a meal it is fine. We said we were going to watch Imperio and it was fine. If they really want to know that you’re staying, just say you are stopping at the camp resort and it will be fine.

I think it’s mainly just to stop people from getting from one side of Rust to the other. :)
Yeah, like you say they are making sure you are going to spend money with them rather than citizens of Rust using it to get to Lidl

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What time does the EP express run until? Need to get back to the hotels from silver lake saloon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk