• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Hi Dan, welcome to Towers/Europa Street!

You may find that some of the shops/bakeries/restaurants in Rust won't accept card, but everywhere inside the park and resort does! I've never had an issue. If paying for accommodation on arrival, you are likely to need cash for this unless you are staying in a resort hotel.

:)

Hi and thanks for the welcome :)

We are staying in a resort hotel so that part is ok, just wondered about the town itself but that is fine, we will just take a mix and should be fine.

We are looking forward to it

Thanks

I have never really had major issues paying on cards in and around Rust. There are some banks in Rust centre though, so you can always get cash out. In addition, cash machines in and around the park do not charge fees.

Hi and thanks for the welcome :)

We are staying in a resort hotel so that part is ok, just wondered about the town itself but that is fine, we will just take a mix and should be fine.

We are looking forward to it

Thanks

In general when I travel to another country I do keep a small amount of money ~100 dollars/euros/whatever the local currency is for back-up. Everything else goes on my credit card. This way I always have a little something if I need to buy food or anything.

I hope that helps! Have a wonderful trip!!

Thanks for the replies.

I did a quick search and couldn’t see anything that kind of answered my question. Does anybody have recommendations for places to eat in Rust for families? We have three kids (11,11 and 8)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

I did a quick search and couldn’t see anything that kind of answered my question. Does anybody have recommendations for places to eat in Rust for families? We have three kids (11,11 and 8)

Thanks
In Rust itself? Pizzeria Apres Park was quite nice when I last visited (albeit in 2015), but other than that I have tended to eat in the resort hotels. All of the EP resort restaurants seem to be family friendly, though some are definitely more high-end than others (Captains Finest, Tre Kronen, Amolite). :)

Apres Park Pizzeria is solid for pizzas and drinks - good value (unsure on website)
Adler - typical German pub/restaurant
Ochsen - typical German pub/restaurant

However, remember you will find good value resort options too. The Pizzeria at Colosseo (La Romantica) is reasonable, and Silver Lake Saloon at the Camp Resort also has some sub €15 options.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks

I recommend Kaiserstuhler Hof. It's similar to the two Astro listed above and has a wide selection of German food to choose from, including a menu for children.

I apologise for the delay in updating the pricing information in the first post. I spent 30 minutes doing so last night, only to lose it before updating.

I will therefore update in due course.

The information post at the start of this topic has today been fully updated with 2020 information. Dead links have been removed and 2020 prices have been included.

If you have any questions - please ask!

Rang up the hotel and camp site earlier today to get our voucher :(

If anyone is worried, the process was very easy, and I have my vouchers to spend when we can start travelling again. Voucher is valid to Dec 2021, with a refund if its not used by then.

Gutted we cant go, but the park will still be there next year, and Piraten in Batavia should be open, and hopefully my German will be better as well.

The website gives you prices for all on site hotels. Prices vary dependent on room availability (I.e. sometime the cheapest rooms sell out). Typically though the Spanish hotels are cheaper.

I know this may be obvious to some, but just to post in here too that the government have confirmed that those flying to/from EP via Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg Airport must self isolate on their return to the UK. I know there may be some confusion as the airport has French and Swiss sectors, but as you will ultimately transit through France (however briefly) the government have confirmed this is the case (see the Returning To The UK section).

Feels a bit pedantic... I mean technically it's in France but infection rates in Germany and Switzerland are lower than the UK, and you're not actually spending time in the higher infection rate parts of France simply by virtue of using the airport.

Oh well, looks like I'll be adding two weeks quarantine onto my holiday then :(

German rates of infection are rising quite rapidly.
Better not to travel abroad at the moment really, holidays, unsuprisingly, are spreading the infection to areas that were previously managing covid well.

Does anyone know much about the Europa Official hotels cancellation Policy - planning a little trip sometime, but noticing flights cancelling a lot - and especially as I'm looking at Baden flights that only go a few times a week - i.e. if one cancels - thats it! so therefore if that happens where do you stand with hotel bookings if they don't have a cancellation policy? Book on Credit card maybe so you can claim it back through them? Obviously the Europa hotels are quite pricy (but are a treat after such a year) - so wouldn't want to loose that about of money if I had to cancel! Would be happy with a credit note to be honest, because would still want to come back!

It should say the room rate when you're booking.

If it's a promotional rate then it's payable when booking and not refundable. However the standard rates don't require paying until you arrive and can be cancelled three days before your visit without penalty.

Their customer services is also very responsive and they are happy to move the dates around for you.

It should say the room rate when you're booking.

If it's a promotional rate then it's payable when booking and not refundable. However the standard rates don't require paying until you arrive and can be cancelled three days before your visit without penalty.

Their customer services is also very responsive and they are happy to move the dates around for you.

Thanks - I think the dates Im looking at are 'accidentally' on promotional rate i.e. they just happen to be promotional rates (and to be honest looks like most of the next next month or two seem to be on that rate - so in other words thats all I can choose (which is obviously good because - cheaper!) so don't know how to get round that as obviously want cancellable. My only there option is to book everything else and buy the hotels at very last minute when I know its definite! do you think customer services would allow dates to be moved on promotional rates if your flights were cancelled and you rang up? its just a lot of money to play around with (close to £300 for 2 nights)

thanks again!