• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Eurostar?

Sounds like you hate everything about flying so why not try the train.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I love flying, I just don't want to hire a car to drive to a London airport.

Also, getting the Eurostar would involve going to London to get the train. Also taking a train from Manchester to London and then the Eurostar would be much more expensive than any flight in Europe.

I'll fly from an airport in the north of the country when that is a possibility. I'd rather wait and fly from a northern airport that fly from a London airport.

I have just watched it - definitely useful for those who haven't been before - although he missed out Eurostar and driving from the UK as an option for travel, which I thought was strange.

:)

A question about buying park tickets in advance with hotel bookings.....if you need to cancel or change your hotel - are you able to get a refund or change your park tickets too?

A question about buying park tickets in advance with hotel bookings.....if you need to cancel or change your hotel - are you able to get a refund or change your park tickets too?
If your tickets are bundled with your hotel package, yes it is all cancellable.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I've done this loads of times. If you book the room through the Europa-Park website and add tickets (theme park or Rulantica) as part of the booking then you can change them by contacting the resort customer services email address, [email protected]

You can also add tickets, e.g. add Rulantica tickets if you didn't originally do it when you booked. If you cancel the hotel booking then all the tickets are cancelled too. They're very accommodating.

The key though is to add everything to your hotel booking so it's all covered by the cancellation policy, i.e don't buy anything separately.

Most rooms are cancellable up to 3 days in advance without penalty, but check when booking as some discounted rates are not refundable.

Last edited:
Thanks for that - booked!

Another question, I'm splitting my stay between hotels, simply because I want to mix it up, does anyone know if it's possible or theres a service where your bags will be sent between hotels for you - instead of having to leave it with the next hotel until I check in later in the day.....and can just go enjoy the park.

My question also extends to Phantasialand, I'm planning on staying at every hotel for 1 night each Matamba, Charles Linburg, then Ling Bao - and would be useful if I could do the same there!

Another question, I'm splitting my stay between hotels, simply because I want to mix it up, does anyone know if it's possible or theres a service where your bags will be sent between hotels for you - instead of having to leave it with the next hotel until I check in later in the day.....and can just go enjoy the park.

Yes, if you leave your cases in your room, they will move them to your new room for you. At least, they always did. Covid has done strange things, though. Best to ask on check-in.

My question also extends to Phantasialand, I'm planning on staying at every hotel for 1 night each Matamba, Charles Linburg, then Ling Bao - and would be useful if I could do the same there!

I have no idea if Phantasialand offer this service, sadly. I would imagine moving between hotels at Phantasialand is far less prevalent than it is at Europa-Park.

Just in the process of planning my second trip (and first not in the summer season) to Europa. Very excited to be returning having not been since 2015 which feels a very long time ago now.

I was just wondering is there any benefit to buying tickets in advance? It's only because we plan on having 3 days at Europa and 1 day at Rulantica and feel it might be nice to base the order of these days based off of the weather (i.e. worst/rainiest day spent at Rulantica) but from what I can see with the tickets you must buy for specific days. Any advice on this would be most appreciated.

During Covid, yes. It seems that tickets can and do sell out in the busier weeks, so it's worth buying a week or two in advance. Price wise however, there is no difference.

Rulantica tickets seem to sell out more often and further in advance than tickets to the main park.

On quieter days, it’s less likely but still possible.

Thanks for the replies I will book the 2 day Europa Park tickets as well as the 1 day Rulantica tickets. I asked previously but I think some people have been more recently, can you still goto guest relations to upgrade your two day ticket to a three day ticket? I assume if this was still the case there would be an element of risk as they could sell out of tickets for the day your after. Porbably best I lay my situation out, we are planning on going to Europa on Monday the 22nd and Tuesday the 23rd of November. We then plan on spending the 24th at Rulantica with Thursday the 25th being our final day at Europa. Should I just get the tickets for Thursday the 25th or chance exchanging tickets on our second day at guest relations? Thanks in adanvce.

I’ve been periodically checking Europa’s website for hotel availability during the 2022 season, and I’ve noticed that as of a couple of days ago, you can no longer scroll past March 2022, whereas you used to be able to go far into the future.

Does this mean that they’re prepping the 2022 rooms for availability, or have they simply changed something on the website?

Hi - i need to now cancel my Europa hotel reservations, I tried online but can't due to it being a 'special rate' - and they gave a number but I was unable to get through (I think I can't make international calls on my tariff) it just wasnt connecting and I don't have a landline.

So I emailed with all my details to hotel@ and info@ emails.... do you think this will be okay, or anyone have any suggestions.

have 2 or 2 weeks until the booking was meant to be!

Hi - i need to now cancel my Europa hotel reservations, I tried online but can't due to it being a 'special rate' - and they gave a number but I was unable to get through (I think I can't make international calls on my tariff) it just wasnt connecting and I don't have a landline.

So I emailed with all my details to hotel@ and info@ emails.... do you think this will be okay, or anyone have any suggestions.

have 2 or 2 weeks until the booking was meant to be!

They’re pretty good via email, usually take a day or two to get back to you tops. They may be a little busier due to the recent entry requirements changes, but should be fairly quick.

I’ve been periodically checking Europa’s website for hotel availability during the 2022 season, and I’ve noticed that as of a couple of days ago, you can no longer scroll past March 2022, whereas you used to be able to go far into the future.

Does this mean that they’re prepping the 2022 rooms for availability, or have they simply changed something on the website?

@Matt N heads up for you. Europa Park have today sent out an email to the ‘Hotel Friends’ members who get access to 2022 hotel bookings a week before they are loaded to the main site. These bookings go live to members on 30th Nov.

So you should be able to book 2022 dates for your trip from 7th December onwards.

@Matt N heads up for you. Europa Park have today sent out an email to the ‘Hotel Friends’ members who get access to 2022 hotel bookings a week before they are loaded to the main site. These bookings go live to members on 30th Nov.

So you should be able to book 2022 dates for your trip from 7th December onwards.
Excellent, thanks for the heads up @AT86!

Hotel Colosseo in April 2022 here I come…