• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS European Coaster Poll | 2022 - 2023

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
In an attempt to preserve sanity and provide an ongoing activity over the closed season, I thought bringing this old classic back might be worthwhile after being run so diligently by @Martin the last few years.

The format will remain the same; 64 coasters being placed head to head to see which of these European coasters ranks highest amongst TowersStreet members. This will include many coasters that have opened since the last poll that I'm sure will make significant headway, as well as several coasters that are probably destined for the bottom of the pile.

In the last TS European Coaster Poll, the finale saw Liseberg's headlining coaster, Helix come out triumphant, taking 58.5% of the vote against Europa Park's Wodan. Will it manage to hold on to its crown, or will some of the newer European coasters put a spanner in the works?

STRUCTURE AND RULES:

The first round will be a group stage consisting of the lowest six pools. One coaster from each pool will be drawn into each group, for a round of eight groups of six. The draw will be made much like that of a football tournament, with coasters pulled out of a hat, but limitations applying to prevent groups including more than one ride from a given park, more than two from a given country or manufacturer, more than two that are overly similar, etc. You will have two votes per group, and the top four will go through. In the event of a tie, the ride that will win will be the one with the most votes in the replies. If there is still a tie, there will be 48 hours to post a reply voting for your choice. If there is still a tie, further 24-hour voting periods will continue until there is a winner.

The second round will once again be a group stage. There will be eight groups of four, with four of the winning coasters from the previous round proceeding through.

From the last 16, it's 1v1. Two coasters, one vote, one winner. No coasters from the same group can be drawn together in the last 16, but then there are no limits on which coasters can be drawn together.

There will be a maximum of two polls per week, and each poll will run for one week, going live on a Monday. The first polls will go live on Monday 14th, and then each Monday, the next will go live.

As with the last few polls, you do not have to have ridden a coaster to be able to vote for it. Each coaster will be accompanied by a POV, allowing you to get a virtual feel and make a judgement based on this in the event you have not ridden it.

Also, as per the last few polls, coasters from Alton Towers will be excluded, but coasters from other UK parks may feature.

Last edited:
Will be very interesting to see how things have changed.

This has been done twice before and both times came down to Wodan Vs Helix

I fear trying to keep sanity is a bridge too far.

I look forward to trying to compare Viking and Bandit.

Piraten, Icon, Untamed and Stunt Fall progress from Group A, whilst Colorado Adventure, Kondaa, Monster and Alpina Blitz progress from Group B. This week we say goodbye to Hals uber Kopf, Lisebergbanan, Avengers Flight Force and Speed Monster.

Groups C & D will be posted later this evening!

Group E & F are now available for voting. Shockingly Karnan has been knocked out alongside Fenix from Group D, whilst HyperCoaster and Abyssus are the casualties from Group C.

So I never came back to this thread after my last post and spent the entire week convinced that it was the 1st post that was correct and that at least one of EGF, Wodan and RtH would be going out this week.

I'm still amazed not one of those rides were seeded though

Introducing the winner of the TS European Coaster Poll 22/23:

zadra.jpg

Zadra took 71 per cent of the votes in the final against Ride to Happiness, a worthy runner-up.

Thanks everyone for taking part. With some exciting new additions cropping up on the continent this year, particularly where France and Spain are concerned, will Zadra be able to retain its spot next year?

Thanks Danny, a closed season coaster poll is always fun! Although I am still not over FLY beating Wodan, that should never be allowed to happen again.

I will forever be seething about Taiga losing to FLY in the early rounds.

Taiga you were done dirty bro.

Cheers for running the poll Danny