• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS North: 13 - 14 July 2013

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TS NORTH

We are pleased to announce our TowersStreet North meet - taking in Flamingoland on Saturday, 13th July and Lightwater Valley on Sunday, 14th July 2013!

Accommodation on the Saturday night is unspecified as our original plans of Leeds Colton Travelodge are not possible - and other hotels are very spaced out.

www.travelodge.co.uk - Travelodge
www.accorhotels.com - Ibis, Etap, Mercure, Novotel

We look forward to a fantastic weekend up north!

:D

Accom for North is always something of an issue. I'll be staying in Bradford TL, which was the only reasonably priced option I could find at the time.

Would it be possible to get something arranged with LWV? They're always very keen to cater for enthusiasts groups so we might be able to get some sort of discount, or even ERT like last time.

Yeah, hotels up there either seem to be booked up or oddly pricey that weekend for some reason and Bradford was the best I could find for the Saturday, so may end up staying there myself, though obviously it'd be nice if lots of us were in the same place :)

As for Lightwater, they DO seem to love enthusiast groups in my experience, so it's not impossible if there's enough of us. Not been to either park since '09 and looks like a lot's changed, so looking forward to this, especially if Flamingo's new coaster is meant to be running by then :)

EDIT: Booked Fri/Sat in Bradford :)

WillG said:
especially if Flamingo's new coaster is meant to be running by then :)

Hero? They haven't even finished track for it yet, there's no chance of it being open in the next 3 weeks surely?

How much are people looking at for Hotel rooms? As with South, I have a Hilton corporate discount available if anyone needs it.

Just done some searching, and the following Hotels all have rooms available. Based on two people sharing:

Travelodge - Leeds Morley = £57.99
Travelodge - Bradford = £53.00

Hilton - Leeds City Centre = £65 (Including Breakfast, Two adults in Twin/Queen Room)
Hilton - Bradford = £50 (Including Breakfast, Two adults in Twin/Queen Room)

Let me know if the above is any use to anyone.

Just wondering if anybody is driving from the stoke area up north and would like to share a room :)

Plans are in place for me and the missus to turn up for LWV, along with someone who some of you know, but isn't a member, so there's little point naming her.
CBA with FlamingMingerLand though, even if they do have new credits since I last went.

John said:
For Flamingo Land, has anyone found anything better than 3-for-2?

If not, here's a link, works out at £20 each.
There's two of us and we haven't found any offers so more than happy to join up with a third?

Edit: Out of context the above looks somewhat sexual. I promise it isn't...

There'll be 3 of us arriving together (Mark's car) so I'm already sorted for 3 for 2, sorry.

I have a space available if anyone needs one in the Bradford Hilton (using T's kind offer :) ) - PM me if interested. £50ish for Fri/Sat nights. We also have a space from the hotel to/from parks

Really would like to attend this (since I haven't done either LWV or FL before), but probably won't be able to due to transportation issues :/

Bench.addict said:
Really would like to attend this (since I haven't done either LWV or FL before), but probably won't be able to due to transportation issues :/
Where abouts in this wonderful country do you live? There's a multitude of Public Transport options available. If you need help, let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist you in finding a suitable method of transport! :)

T said:
Bench.addict said:
Where abouts in this wonderful country do you live? There's a multitude of Public Transport options available. If you need help, let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist you in finding a suitable method of transport! :)

He's right y'know! He's managed the virtually impossible task of getting me back to London Sunday night after ride close :p

Our "plan A" has fallen through, so we won't be bringing our mystery guest any more. Currently looking in to Travelodges for Saturday night. (Still won't be doing Flamingoland though, as Hils is working very late Friday night.)

Question: Is anyone up for the traditional post-Lightwater curry in Rippon on Sunday?

DiogoJ42 said:
Question: Is anyone up for the traditional post-Lightwater curry in Rippon on Sunday?

So long as I can get to Lincoln for my 9pm train back down south, definitely :)

Out of interest Mike where down south do you live? (May come handy if you fancy car sharing in the future, depending where South)

pritchardavid said:
Out of interest Mike where down south do you live? (May come handy if you fancy car sharing in the future, depending where South)

Bedford - about 15mins drive from the A1 at the Black Cat Roundabout :)

Well IF we get this [re]sorted, me and Hils will be driving back down south on Sunday night.

I know a couple of years ago, I was just able to make it back to Newark for the last London train, with the help of Mattmash driving like a nutter :p