• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Official Meet Calendar 2016

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
The TowersStreet Official Meet Calendar 2016 is now available! Here it is for your perusal!

We have made several changes to the line-up this year, to keep our meets fresh and exciting. In comes Blackpool Pleasure Beach plus there's a new boy in town - Paultons Park! We are also pleased to have the return of an International Meet!

All are welcome to join us - new and old! A topic for each meet will be set up around 4 to 6 weeks beforehand, when people can discuss accommodation and other details! However, for the international meet, the topic is already available - see below and click the link!

TS Alton Towers opening weekend [JOIN US]
18-20 March 2016 (Ibis Budget Derby; 1 night)
Saturday 19th: Alton Towers
Sunday 20th: Alton Towers

TS Rollercoaster Restaurant Meet
13-15 May 2016 (Resort Accommodation at Alton Towers; 2 nights)
Friday: 7.30pm Rollercoaster Restaurant Meal (please book)
Saturday: Alton Towers
Sunday: Alton Towers

TS South
24-26 June 2016 (Basingstoke Travelodge; 1 or 2 nights choice)
Saturday 25th: Paultons Park
Sunday 26th: Thorpe Park

TS Merlinpool
30-31st July 2016 (Blackpool South Shore/South Promenade Travelodge; 1 or 2 nights choice)
Saturday 30th: Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Sunday 31st: Blackpool attractions (Tower, Dungeons, Sea Life, Madame Tussauds)

TS International Road Trip 2016
23-30th August 2016 (Various accommodation)
See Topic for details

TS Scarefest
8-9 October 2016 (Rugeley Travelodge; 1 or 2 nights choice)
Saturday 8th: Alton Towers
Sunday 9th: Alton Towers

TS End of season fireworks
6 November 2016
Sunday 6th: Alton Towers

TS International: Silvester 2017
27 December 2016 - 2 January 2017
Strasbourg & Europa-Park

Last edited:
The only meet I can guarantee to be there is South meet at Paultons since I'm still debating to renew my MAP. However I do renew it, I shall be at opening (hopefully both days!), South at Thorpe, and maybe the Roller coaster restaurant and Blackpool Pleasure Beach as well. I'd say Fireworks, but I say that every year and I never go :p

I should be at:

Opening Sunday (possibly Saturday too)
Roller Coaster Restaurant (though not actually for the mini meet)
North
Scarefest
Fireworks

I have Opening Saturday, Roller coaster restaurant and with a bit of luck Fireworks. Might do thorpe. The rest depends on money and life after uni.

Definite:
Opening weekend
Roller Coaster Restaurant weekend (but not Friday)
Scarefest weekend
Fireworks

Maybe:
Thorpe
Blackpool Saturday (maybe maybe Sunday)

Hopefully:
International + hopefully hopefully Hamburg

I will be at most of these, probably not Merlinpool though.

I should be going to most of these except from the RC restaurant meet as I'll wait for them to iron out all the teething problems

Looks like you won't be seeing much of me and Kelpie then. Hils can't get any time off over the summer, and I will probably be working myself. :(
Oh, and I think South Meet might be a bit light on members, that's the day we are all doing The Crystal maze. ;)

Last edited:
I'm hoping and looking to attend the following meets, I don't know to what extent:
  • TS Opening Meet
  • TS South
  • TS Merlinpool (aka I'm celebrating my birthday at Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
  • TS International
  • TS Scarefest

Current plans (more than last year - only made Opening! :p):
- Rollercoaster Restaurant
- South
- Part of the international meet (maybe)
- Scarefest (maybe)
- Fireworks

I should be at Opening, Rollercoaster Restaurant (currently only the Friday, but this might change), hopefully the International Meet, Scarefest and Fireworks. Looking forward to it all! :)

No weathervane? Rugeley is a bit out of the way in terms of travel for me sadly. Instead of a 1 hour train to Stoke it's a 3 hour trip down to Birmingham and back up to Rugeley Town. I should be there for either the opening meet or one in May for the day though :)

I'll be there for the Blackpool one as well.

Last edited:
Everything that was good about the Vane has been sucked dry by Best Western.

Weathervane changed their adults policy meaning that it's unsuitable for TSTers I believe.

Haha have they? We did used to take over the place back in the day. I'll miss the hungry horse for tea though :(

We haven't used the Weathervane for some years now.

Rugeley is used once or twice a year as it is scampering distance to Wetherspoons.

Also, Rugeley Trent Valley station is on the west coast main line with direct trains from Stoke and Crewe.

We haven't used the Weathervane for some years now.

Rugeley is used once or twice a year as it is scampering distance to Wetherspoons.

Also, Rugeley Trent Valley station is on the west coast main line with direct trains from Stoke and Crewe.

I Just checked and Trent Valley shaves off an hour and a half the journey time despite the stations being close together. Trent Valley indeed changes at Stoke which is much better, thanks.

I was going to say I'll book it all this month but they want £150 for 2 nights, plus trains, park entry & spends I'm talking about £300 which is a bit much for a day at Alton. I will either still come down for the day or see you all for Blackpool. :)

Last edited: