• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Official Meet Calendar 2023

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TowersStreet Official Meet Calendar 2023

Our 2023 official meets will take in parks across the UK. Mini Meets also take place, so keep an eye out on the trip planning forum for details of those. Our meets are informal, social affairs and a great opportunity to meet like-minded, fun people for a casual day at a theme park. We'll do a few rides, sink a few beers and generally have an all round good laugh. All are welcome - members old and new. Topics for each meet will be set up in advance of the meet and you are encouraged to RSVP together with any accommodation (if applicable). Here's the 2023 calendar:

Saturday, 18th March 2023: Alton Towers Opening Meet
Our classic opening day meet! We recommend accommodation the night before at Travelodge or Premier Inn, Rugeley - with pre-season drinks at The Plaza, Rugeley
9.30am - Outside Splash Landings Hotel

Saturday, 8th & Sunday, 9th April 2023: TS South Easter EGGstravaganza
With Chessington on the Saturday to experience their new coaster and Thorpe Park on the Sunday, we'll be tagging on a drinking/social day in London the day before (7.4.23) and a dash into Legoland Windsor the day after (10.4.23) as optional extras. We recommend accommodation in or around the Heathrow area.
9.45am - Meeting at Chessington World of Adventures (8.4.23)
9.45am - Meeting at Thorpe Park (9.4.23)
9.45am - Meeting at Legoland Windsor (10.4.23) (optional day)

Saturday, 10th June 2023: Alton Towers Mardi Gras Meet
A no-frills, one-day meet up at Alton Towers for Mardi Gras!

Saturday, 22nd July 2023: TS North @ Blackpool Pleasure Beach
A day at Blackpool Pleasure Beach to take advantage of late closing times!
9.45am - Outside Noah's Ark

Saturday, 16th September 2023: TS Oktoberfest
It's (hopefully) Oktoberfest at Alton Towers! If you're going to be indulging in the beers, you may wish to grab a resort room!
9.45am - Outside Corner Coffee

Saturday, 14th October 2023: TS Scarefest
It's Scarefest time and our classic meet is back for another year. We recommend accommodation the night before at Travelodge or Premier Inn, Rugeley - with pre-meet drinks at The Plaza, Rugeley

Friday, 3rd to Sunday, 5th November 2023: TS Fireworks
Our blockbuster fireworks weekend is back! We'll be in and around the resort on all three days. Exact meeting points don't tend to be a thing for this meet, but we'll discuss here in advance and make sure everyone can get in touch!

Last edited:
Just noticed 8th-10th April are Gold pass blackout days (as well as being Easter weekend).
Yup Easter weekend is a traditional meet weekend for our trips further away - either North when we had LWV/FL to visit or in this case South to allow people to visit without having to book additional time off thanks to the bank holiday. We try and cater for everyone, but travelling to the South parks is a long slog for many, so we take advantage of the long weekend. Still plenty other opportunities throughout the year though!

Chessington is so close to where I live. I’m a southerner. That’s all I’m saying and I’d like to be there for the Easter meet, if plans permit.

No Scottish meet up, maybe Blackpool at a push but other than that...I'm not sure I'll have a meet up with you guys unfortunately. :confused:

Saturday, 8th & Sunday, 9th April 2023: TS South Easter EGGstravaganza
With Chessington on the Saturday to experience their new coaster and Thorpe Park on the Sunday, we'll be tagging on a drinking/social day in London the day before (7.4.23) and a dash into Legoland Windsor the day after (10.4.23) as optional extras. We recommend accommodation in or around the Heathrow area.
9.45am - Meeting at Chessington World of Adventures (8.4.23)
9.45am - Meeting at Thorpe Park (9.4.23)
Of course when there's a meet I can actually get to easily, I am up at Towers. 😒 Hopefully next year!

Last edited:
Sadly, your parks are rather limited.

:tearsofjoy:
Would be funny for a novelty TBF to have an experience at M&D's, forgot the rides just get spend the whole day loudly saying what an awful place it is and that's that! :p

If only Loudoun was still here though...

Damn, I was hoping there'd be a south meet this year but definitely not on a Gold pass blackout weekend - am often doing stuff with family over Easter anyway ☹️

Might be worth doing a poll to see how many people would be able to make this? I renewed my gold pass (as opposed to upgrading to Platinum) on the assumption that the only 'blacked out' meet would be Fireworks which I'd already budgeted for.

With Chessington on the Saturday to experience their new coaster
Isn't that a bit premature given it's opening date hasn't been announced yet? The hotel rooms open on the 1st of April, "in advance of World of Jumanji". Not convinced the land will be open that soon after, but time will tell.

Last edited:
Isn't that a bit premature given it's opening date hasn't been announced yet? The hotel rooms open on the 1st of April, "in advance of World of Jumanji". Not convinced the land will be open that soon after, but time will tell.
We visited Europa-Park twice expecting Arthur to have been open. We'll manage

Craig has answered the query over pass blackout dates, but there are only a finite number of bank holiday weekends in the year, and we've often had meets at Easter in the past - especially multi-day meets which may otherwise require more folk take days off work. Upgrade tickets are always available for £15.

We visited Europa-Park twice expecting Arthur to have been open. We'll manage

Craig has answered the query over pass blackout dates, but there are only a finite number of bank holiday weekends in the year, and we've often had meets at Easter in the past - especially multi-day meets which may otherwise require more folk take days off work. Upgrade tickets are always available for £15.
That's a fair answer @AstroDan - I just resent having to spend even an additional £15 to go to Chessington!

That's a fair answer @AstroDan - I just resent having to spend even an additional £15 to go to Chessington!
I get that. We'll certainly keep it mind. On quick glance, coronation aside it looks like all BH weekends are excluded.

What's funny is that parks actually aren't always that busy on said weekends!

Turns out the legacy passes aren't valid at Easter either, so anyone with a standard/premium membership will also have to pay extra for entry at Thorpe & Chessington.

Turns out the legacy passes aren't valid at Easter either, so anyone with a standard/premium membership will also have to pay extra for entry at Thorpe & Chessington.
Haven't they forced everyone to move into the new passes yet!?

I'm guessing this is an incentive to do so.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

They've never put the price up (though according to the T&Cs they can do so after the initial 12 month period) so until now an old premium membership was a better product than a current gold membership and 20% cheaper.

Whilst this may push people into upgrading I don't think there's an easy mechanism for doing so, and it may not even be possible without cancelling and buying a new pass/membership. I'm mainly annoyed that there's been no communication from Merlin that they've started restricting entry on the old passes, it's just hidden away on the MAP website. If I hadn't checked (on a whim) I might not have found out until a few days before the meet