• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Opening Weekend: 19-20 March 2016

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TS Alton Towers opening weekend [JOIN US]

It is the first official meet of 2016 and we're looking forward to spreading our own Towers Loving Care by getting together for two days of theme park fun at Alton Towers!

19-20 March 2016

Saturday 19th: Alton Towers Meeting at 9:00am at the Box Office on Towers Street
Sunday 20th: Alton Towers Meeting at 10:30am at the Box Office on Towers Street

Details of a group photo meeting point will be available via our social media channels nearer the time and on the day.

Unfortunately, due to accommodation difficulties, we've had to suggest the Ibis Budget hotel on the A50 at Derby for this meet, with accommodation on the Saturday night. We had hoped to use the Travelodge at Rugeley, but it is full - and the Weathervane at Meir Park, is much more expensive than it used to be since the Best Western takeover. However, you are of course free to stay where you wish. Please book at www.hotelibis.com :) - remember to ensure transport between the hotel and Alton Towers, as there is no public transport!

RSVP: https://towersstreet.com/meets/opening-meet-2016/

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted
Shame the accommodation is not at Rugeley, love Spoons there :p Is there one near the Ibis in Derby? Looking forward to this meet though! Never stayed in an Ibis Budget, so it should be interesting! Can't wait to see everyone again

:)

Shame the accommodation is not at Rugeley, love Spoons there :p Is there one near the Ibis in Derby? Looking forward to this meet though! Never stayed in an Ibis Budget, so it should be interesting! Can't wait to see everyone again

There is a pub next door to the Ibis Budget, although it is not a Spoons.

I'll be there for at least some of this. Might do both days, might just do Saturday.

Derby? Jesus. Oh well.

Doing both days so if anyone wants a room, or has space in a room, hit me up. If you need a lift on the Saturday I'm coming from the East Mids, Sunday I'm going the North West so if you need a lift in either of those directions, again, hit me up, sorry I can't do returns. To/from Uttoxeter station on either day I can do though.

Last edited:
I'll be there on the Saturday, but getting the early bus from Towers to go home for the easter holidays. If anyone wants to give me a lift in on the Saturday from Stoke Station, it'd be appreciated though! If not, will you still be outside the box office at 9:30? is it MAP faff time?

I'll be in attendance for both days and Dave and I have already booked our room. I also cannot guarantee I won't be a pathetic whimpering idiot hopelessly clinging to the entrance gate outside Hex at some point.

Myself & @Connie will be there on at least the Saturday and will be stopping over. Unsure about the Sunday yet.

I'll be in attendance for both days and Dave and I have already booked our room. I also cannot guarantee I won't be a pathetic whimpering idiot hopelessly clinging to the entrance gate outside Hex at some point.

Room at Ibis Budget? Or at the original location?

I will be staying in Rugeley at Astro Towers for the weekend.

Feel I ought to show my face given I invested in an annual pass in the last week of scarefest, but this will be rather begrudging given the amount of rides and food outlets closed

I was hoping to come for opening day, however with the amount of likely closures (and the cold weather!) I will pass on this as it's hard to justify the expense as a non-AP holder. Hopefully I'll finally attend sometime later in the spring/summer.

Won't be there on the Saturday unfortunately due to other engagements. Sunday is a possibility.