• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Quick Questions

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Iron Gwazi
Thought this'd be a good idea for general quick questions about the forum and site. Obviously if it's not suitable, then remove it by all means!

My QQ is:

What is a TST Founding Member? Id've thought it'd be the first member to sign up, but there's lots of founding members. :S

Re: TST Quick Questions

Tom.B said:
What is a TST Founding Member? Id've thought it'd be the first member to sign up, but there's lots of founding members. :S

People who were moderators when the site was created, but have since stepped down.

Yep - it's just a nice nod to those people who were team on day 1 and helped create and mould the site from scratch but have since left the team for whatever reason :)

Why do PM notifications automatically go into my Spam inbox, and how do I change this?

^
That's an email issue, not a TST issue - you'll have to sort that out with your email client, probably by adding the TST address to your 'safelist' or clicking 'not spam' or something along those lines :)

MattyH said:
Whats the point of the buddy list?

It's a built in feature of SMF, the forum software which we use. Basically a buddy list lets you add members as your 'buddies'. They then show up in bold on the online section. You can also change your PM and mail settings to only receive mails and PMs from people on your buddy list rather than anyone on the forum.

It also forms part of the ignore feature, allowing you to hide the posts of members if you wish. We don't really use it too heavily on TST, but as it's built into the forum it requires no effort from us to maintain and it does come in handy from time to time :).

I use the ignore feature on some members. It makes the board a much more enjoyable read.

Forum says theres a reply... can't see it. Our rubbish Admin will have failed again.

1239s38.png
Is that meant to happen? It seems to happen when there are quotation marks in a topic title.

It tends to happen if someone has replied from Tapatalk at some point I believe.

Basically, the text you see is obviously sat amongst lines and lines of code behind the scenes, but certain special characters can actually mean things in code language, so rather than containing a "" (Which could be read as code rather than just text) there are special codes used in their place. This special code is normally read and converted back so that you see the special character you're meant to, but Tapatalk seems to get its knickers in a twist sometimes and instead of displaying the readable character it literally writes out the substitution.

You can help to fix this if you're replying to a topic like this by making sure the title box contains a symbol rather than a code on you computer, assuming obviously you're pretty sure what the symbol should be :p

But either way it's not really detrimental to the site, and shouldn't cause you any issues other than not looking pretty! Hopefully that makes sense :)

This is in no way related in any way shape or form to Joel doing work on the forum at all!

Dave said:
This is in no way related in any way shape or form to Joel doing work on the forum at all!
I just have this image of Joel having a virtual gear and spring left over after closing the hood on the forum engine. and saying "there are always a few bits left over after a bit of DIY"

;) :D :D

OHH MY GOODNESS I WAS TAGGED IN A POST.... SUCH A SURPRISE!

Could this be what Joel was working on????

I would thank your last posting @Dave however the thanks system is not working :)