• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS South: 8-9 April 2023

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
We'll be visiting both Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park for this one, with optional days before and after for a day of London pubs and walks together with a trip to Legoland Windsor after.

Our accommodation suggestion for this meet is Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 (room only rates) however, any hotels within this vicinity (Holiday Inn Express, Hilton London Heathrow, Crowne Plaza) are also good along with other hotels in the area. We've chosen a Heathrow hotel because rates in Central London zones were very expensive and, with the new Elizabeth Line now running directly to T4, it's easily accessible for travel. It's also located not too far from any of the parks by public transport or by road.

Optional 7.4.22 - London beers and day in the City (London Eye at 8pm followed by BrewDog Waterloo)
8.4.22 - 9.45am - Meet at Chessington World of Adventures (Safari Hotel side entrance)
9.4.22 - 9.45am - Meet at Thorpe Park (main entrance)
Optional 10.4.22 - 9.45am - Meet at Legoland Windsor (main entrance) (CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN)

During the evenings on this meet we'll likely be in either the hotel bar(s) or nipping to Ealing or other location on the Elizabeth Line for food and drinks.

We look forward to seeing you for all, or some, of this meet!

Last edited:
will try and attend this one, never managed to go on a TS meet before so would be nice to meet some fellow “thoosies”… sorry @rob666 had to be done. Out of interest people just use public transport between parks I imagine? That would be my plan as don’t fancy riding my bike down to and in London.

Reactions: Tom
will try and attend this one, never managed to go on a TS meet before so would be nice to meet some fellow “thoosies”… sorry @rob666 had to be done. Out of interest people just use public transport between parks I imagine? That would be my plan as don’t fancy riding my bike down to and in London.

Yes, I am guessing that is the plan. I intend to use trains myself!

Ill Be There Sean Ward GIF by The Sean Ward Show

All confirmed for the 4 days, stopping at T4 Premier Inn ❤️

Very much looking forward to this! I'll be there for it all (Legoland TBC).

Should be there for the Friday evening after work, and then will probably pop along for Thorpe on the Sunday. :)

If you intend to join us on this meet, please RSVP as soon as possible as we will be making a small number of food/drink reservations for the day in London and also the evenings after the parks close.

Pleasure ensure you indicate which days you will be in attendance, and evenings you will be around - if any.

Thank You,

If you intend to join us on this meet, please RSVP as soon as possible as we will be making a small number of food/drink reservations for the day in London and also the evenings after the parks close.

Pleasure ensure you indicate which days you will be in attendance, and evenings you will be around - if any.

Thank You,
What day are you going to book reservations? Might be coming to this one, I've been delaying making a decision to see how a knee injury progresses but can make a call on it this weekend I reckon.

I've added an extra night to my Premier Inn stay, so now confirmed for this in its entirety! Very much looking forward to it!

What day are you going to book reservations? Might be coming to this one, I've been delaying making a decision to see how a knee injury progresses but can make a call on it this weekend I reckon.

I expect that we will look to book reservations for meals/drinks next week. If you can just post here which days you will be in attendance and which days you would join for food/drink. Obviously there won't be bookings every day. To be honest, it's difficult to make sure we book the right number, as you always end up with people coming who haven't RSVPd.

OK so I *might* have had my arm twisted on this one, though if anyone knows of a way I can get into Thorpe for less than the £25 they're trying to charge me as a so-called "premium" passholder I'd be very grateful!

OK so I *might* have had my arm twisted on this one, though if anyone knows of a way I can get into Thorpe for less than the £25 they're trying to charge me as a so-called "premium" passholder I'd be very grateful!
I might have some bring a friends at home but cant till Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Can confirm I'll be coming for this one - staying at T4, arriving Friday afternoon, sticking around for Chessington and Thorpe and then heading back on Sunday afternoon/evening. Please count me in for any reservations on Friday and Saturday evenings. I'll book for the Eye as well - should be the only thing I don't have to pay an upcharge for!